lokashadow04

Help!!!need ur experties regarding limit in luggage!!!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Irene,

Here are the baggage requirements for Japan Airlines from PI to Japan:

D)

Unchecked Baggage

(1)

Except articles specifically permitted by JAL to be carried into the cabin, Baggage which a Passenger may carry into the cabin shall be, besides one pack of a Passenger’s personal belongings, as permitted by JAL’s Regulations, which the Passenger carries and retains, one piece of article provided in JAL's Regulations which can be stowed in an enclosed storage compartment in the cabin or under the seat in front of the Passenger, the sum of the three dimensions of which shall not exceed 115 centimeters (45 inches); provided that the total weight of such articles shall not exceed 10 kilograms(22 pounds). A Passenger shall not carry into the cabin any Baggage which JAL deems cannot be stowed in safety in the cabin.

(2)

JAL will permit a Passenger to carry into the cabin articles not suitable for Carriage in a cargo compartment (such as fragile musical instruments) only if a prior due notice of such article is given to, and a prior permission to such Carriage is granted by, JAL. Carriage of such Baggage shall be subject to a charge provided in JAL's Regulations.

(E)

Free Baggage Allowance

(1)

The total free Baggage allowance of Checked and Unchecked Baggage of each Passenger shall be as follows:

(a)

(a) a Passenger paying a first class fare shall, unless otherwise provided in JAL's Regulations, receive a free Checked Baggage allowance of 40 kilograms (88 pounds);

(B)

a Passenger paying an intermediate class fare shall, unless otherwise provided in JAL's Regulations, receive a free Checked Baggage allowance of 30 kilograms (66 pounds);

©

a Passenger paying an economy class fare shall, unless otherwise provided in JAL's Regulations, receive a free Checked Baggage allowance of 20 kilograms (44 pounds); and

(d)

in addition to the preceding (a), (B) and ©, a Passenger shall, unless otherwise provided in JAL’s Regulations, receive a free Baggage allowance of Unchecked Baggage as described in sub-paragraph (1) of paragraph (D) of this Article.

(e)

Notwithstanding the preceding (a),(B), © and (d), an Infant paying an Infant fare shall receive a free Baggage allowance of 10 kilograms (22 pounds) for Checked Baggage plus either one fully collapsible stroller/ pushchair or Infant's carrying basket or Infant's car seat.

As for the perfume, pack each bottle with a cap in a sealed plastic bag and wrap securely with paper and tape. Then, place all of the bottles in one box and pack with paper or bubble wrap, tight so they will not move. Then, place them in the middle of you big luggage and be sure that they are well cushioned with your clothes. Remember, you luggage could end up on the bottom of a pile of 10 bags so you need to be very careful to pack things that are liquid or can break carefully.

Depending where you are traveling to, your Continental flight will probably be a Northwest Airlines flight that is subcontracted by Continental.

If you still have questions, let PM me with more detail on your flights and I will get the information you need.

Good luck on your packing and your trip!

Al

Timeline
You are both allowed to bring two bags eaach and both bags are allowed to have 22 kilos per bag.

The reason it is limited to 22 kilos per bag is so the baggage handlers do not have to lift too much weight...its in their contract, especially in the US.

It may be more inconvenient to have to carry 4 bags instead of 3 between you and your son, but DO NOT exceed the weight limit of 22 kilos per each individual bag. You are entitled to both bring two bags of 22 kilos, so i recommend you use all of your allowable weight to bring as much of your stuff as possible.

You can also each bring one carry on bag, like a back pack, as long as it fits the carry on size criteria. You can look that up on line at the airline website also. I have flown around the world to various places A LOT... and i have never had a problem with a standard back pack as a carry on. For ladies, a small purse doesn't count as a carry on, so you can bring that and a back pack. I have also carried on a back pack and my laptop bag and not had a problem either...but you many not want to push it, LOL.

The POE IMMIGRATION personnel will not care how many luggages you have IF you have followed the airline rules. They won't even care if you bring a bunch of extra bags and had to pay extra bag fees. The Immigration people don't concern themselves with luggage. Their job is to inspect YOU and YOUR SON and YOUR PAPERWORK to make sure you have the proper visas etc to enter the US. You will have to fill out a small immigration form on the plane, fill up one form and include you and your son on the same form. No need for two separate forms. The flight attendant can help you if you have questions.

CUSTOMS personnel are the ones who will inspect your luggages. Their job is to inspect the STUFF and THINGS you bring into the US in your carry on baqgs and your checked in luggage. They may open your carry on bags or luggage to look inside the luggage, or they may not. Make sure you DO NOT bring any of the items that are not allowed to be brought into the US. Fresh meats or plants, exotic live animals, pirated DVDs etc etc etc are all prohibited. You will have to fill out a CUSTOMS ENTRY form on the plane in addition to your immigration form from the plane..so you will have to fill up two forms, one for immigration and one for customs. Only fill out one form for immigration and one form for customs, but include both YOU and YOUR SON on the forms. No need for separate customs or immigration forms for you and your son.

Good Luck, and have a Safe Flight!

Hello Weatherman,thank you soo much for ur info and advice this is really great and clear...God bless!!!

Irene

Hello Weatherman,i also want to ask if i can bring my perfume collection??like 10 diff perfumes and plan to put each on my seperate 4 bags..is that will be no problem???

Thank you,

Irene

Sure you can bring your perfumes. Just put them in checked luggage. You can keep them in one bag or split them up... whichever is easiset for you to pack. Just don't hand carry them...they are liquids.... and its better just to put them in your checked luggage.

Weatherman,

Thank you sooo much....God bless,

Irene

Prayer is the best to start a day...A day for us to have faith to face trials & value what life is....!!! have a nice day to everyone!!!!

LokaShadow04

Timeline
Hi Irene,

Here are the baggage requirements for Japan Airlines from PI to Japan:

D)

Unchecked Baggage

(1)

Except articles specifically permitted by JAL to be carried into the cabin, Baggage which a Passenger may carry into the cabin shall be, besides one pack of a Passenger’s personal belongings, as permitted by JAL’s Regulations, which the Passenger carries and retains, one piece of article provided in JAL's Regulations which can be stowed in an enclosed storage compartment in the cabin or under the seat in front of the Passenger, the sum of the three dimensions of which shall not exceed 115 centimeters (45 inches); provided that the total weight of such articles shall not exceed 10 kilograms(22 pounds). A Passenger shall not carry into the cabin any Baggage which JAL deems cannot be stowed in safety in the cabin.

(2)

JAL will permit a Passenger to carry into the cabin articles not suitable for Carriage in a cargo compartment (such as fragile musical instruments) only if a prior due notice of such article is given to, and a prior permission to such Carriage is granted by, JAL. Carriage of such Baggage shall be subject to a charge provided in JAL's Regulations.

(E)

Free Baggage Allowance

(1)

The total free Baggage allowance of Checked and Unchecked Baggage of each Passenger shall be as follows:

(a)

(a) a Passenger paying a first class fare shall, unless otherwise provided in JAL's Regulations, receive a free Checked Baggage allowance of 40 kilograms (88 pounds);

(B)

a Passenger paying an intermediate class fare shall, unless otherwise provided in JAL's Regulations, receive a free Checked Baggage allowance of 30 kilograms (66 pounds);

©

a Passenger paying an economy class fare shall, unless otherwise provided in JAL's Regulations, receive a free Checked Baggage allowance of 20 kilograms (44 pounds); and

(d)

in addition to the preceding (a), (B) and ©, a Passenger shall, unless otherwise provided in JAL’s Regulations, receive a free Baggage allowance of Unchecked Baggage as described in sub-paragraph (1) of paragraph (D) of this Article.

(e)

Notwithstanding the preceding (a),(B), © and (d), an Infant paying an Infant fare shall receive a free Baggage allowance of 10 kilograms (22 pounds) for Checked Baggage plus either one fully collapsible stroller/ pushchair or Infant's carrying basket or Infant's car seat.

As for the perfume, pack each bottle with a cap in a sealed plastic bag and wrap securely with paper and tape. Then, place all of the bottles in one box and pack with paper or bubble wrap, tight so they will not move. Then, place them in the middle of you big luggage and be sure that they are well cushioned with your clothes. Remember, you luggage could end up on the bottom of a pile of 10 bags so you need to be very careful to pack things that are liquid or can break carefully.

Depending where you are traveling to, your Continental flight will probably be a Northwest Airlines flight that is subcontracted by Continental.

If you still have questions, let PM me with more detail on your flights and I will get the information you need.

Good luck on your packing and your trip!

Al

IzeINAI,

Thank you,ty ty..this is very helpful to all VJ'S member who will use Japan airlines...!!!!

God bless,

Irene

Prayer is the best to start a day...A day for us to have faith to face trials & value what life is....!!! have a nice day to everyone!!!!

LokaShadow04

Timeline
:blink::thumbs: The best thing to do is contact the airline you are flying on. Each one has it's own rules. We were on NWA and could have two (2) of severnty (70) pounds for a total of one hundred forty poiunds (140 lbs.) for each of us. Our son could only have a carry on. So check with the airline to fine out there rules. Good luck. God bless.

OUR Time Line;

Nov 4, 2004 Met on YM Pool Game Chat room

Dec 30, 2005 Surprized her with our 1st meeting in person

Dec 31, 2005/Jan 1, 2006 Got Engaged

Jan 10, 2006 Had my 56th Birthday party in Philippines

Jan 11, 2006 Left the go come back Home

Mar 20, 2006 Found out Sonia was Pregnant

Oct 7, 2006 Our son was born

Nov 5, 2006 Arrived in the Philippine for a visit

Nov 11, 2006 Had our son Basptized

Nov 19, 2006 Left the Philippines again

July 31, 2007 Mailed inI 129 F was mailed in

Aug 13, 2007 Received

Sep 25, 2007 I 797 Notice of Action Mailed out

Feb 25, 2008 NAO2 has been approve sent to Manila.

Mar. 31, 2008 Made phone call about interview set dates

Apr. 15, 2008 Medical Exam St. Luke (GOOD TO GO!!!!!)

Apr. 24, 2008 Interview(APPROVED AND WAITING VISA)

Jun. 6, 2008 Finally got Visa at about VISA[/size]

Aug. 05, 2008 On a jet plane head for the Philippines to get my family

Aug. 06, , 2008 we are together again

AUGUST 19, 2008 POE Seattle, WA.

NOV. 8, 2008 Wedding

Timeline
:blink::thumbs: The best thing to do is contact the airline you are flying on. Each one has it's own rules. We were on NWA and could have two (2) of severnty (70) pounds for a total of one hundred forty poiunds (140 lbs.) for each of us. Our son could only have a carry on. So check with the airline to fine out there rules. Good luck. God bless.

Hi JSRF,wana know if how old is ur son?coz my son is almost 11 yrs old,and same fare with me...i hope we have same free luggage to check in too...i wil let my fiance called again and verify,,!!! thanks for the advice.

Ps...aslo rodge & Nimfa also offered a help to call the 2 airlines(Japan & Continental) and give me details,,thanks Rodge & Nimfa~~~

God bless,

Irene

LokaShadow04

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.