Weatherman

My Philippine Tourist Visa extension experience

11 posts in this topic

On Tuesday the 26th, my wife and I took the jeepney from Meycauayan to Monumento and took the LRT to Carriedo station. We then took jeepney to the office of the Visa extension in Intramuros section of Manila.

We arrived around 10:15 am. I got an application from the desk near the door and filled it up and then got on one of the 3 or 4 lines to submit my application. The lines are clearly marked and the personnel are helpful.

Once i got to the counter, i was informed to make a photocopy of my passport photo page and the arrival stamp page from the photocopy machine guy right there in the office lobby. (That guy has a good business, LOL) It cost 2 pisos per page for a total of 4 pisos.

I got back in the same line to submit my application. The gentleman checked my passport in the computer system, reviewed my application and checked my photocopies. He made a receipt print out and told me to go to the next line over to pay my fees which was a total of 3030 pisos. Each application line has a partner cashier line. The lady cashier took my money and printed new receipt and then told me to go back to the original line I was in... he reviewed my payment receipt, stapled my application, photocopies and passport together, gave me a receipt for my passport, and then told me to claim my passport using the receipt at window 1 at 3:00 pm.

My wife and I went to Starbucks 1 block out the front door of the visa extension office and enjoyed some coffee, small snacks, and reading newspapers. Then we went and had lunch at Max's restaurant right across the street from the left side of the visa extension building.

I returned to the Visa extension office at 2:40 and checked at window 1, but it was not yet ready. They process the applications in batches, so if they tell you 3:00 you should wait for your batch. We left again and returned at about 3:35, and now the line was quite long with all of the 3:30 batch. By about 3:50, i got to the front of counter 1 and the gentleman had me sign his receipt and gave me my passport with the 38 day extension stamp.

All in all, the process was quite simple. I did notice some areas where it could have had some efficiency improvements, but the system does work well. I wish the CR-1 process was so smooth!!!

On Tuesday the 26th, my wife and I took the jeepney from Meycauayan to Monumento and took the LRT to Carriedo station. We then took jeepney to the office of the Visa extension in Intramuros section of Manila.

We arrived around 10:15 am. I got an application from the desk near the door and filled it up and then got on one of the 3 or 4 lines to submit my application. The lines are clearly marked and the personnel are helpful.

Once i got to the counter, i was informed to make a photocopy of my passport photo page and the arrival stamp page from the photocopy machine guy right there in the office lobby. (That guy has a good business, LOL) It cost 2 pisos per page for a total of 4 pisos.

I got back in the same line to submit my application. The gentleman checked my passport in the computer system, reviewed my application and checked my photocopies. He made a receipt print out and told me to go to the next line over to pay my fees which was a total of 3030 pisos. Each application line has a partner cashier line. The lady cashier took my money and printed new receipt and then told me to go back to the original line I was in... he reviewed my payment receipt, stapled my application, photocopies and passport together, gave me a receipt for my passport, and then told me to claim my passport using the receipt at window 1 at 3:00 pm.

My wife and I went to Starbucks 1 block out the front door of the visa extension office and enjoyed some coffee, small snacks, and reading newspapers. Then we went and had lunch at Max's restaurant right across the street from the left side of the visa extension building.

I returned to the Visa extension office at 2:40 and checked at window 1, but it was not yet ready. They process the applications in batches, so if they tell you 3:00 you should wait for your batch. We left again and returned at about 3:35, and now the line was quite long with all of the 3:30 batch. By about 3:50, i got to the front of counter 1 and the gentleman had me sign his receipt and gave me my passport with the 38 day extension stamp.

All in all, the process was quite simple. I did notice some areas where it could have had some efficiency improvements, but the system does work well. I wish the CR-1 process was so smooth!!!

Hi!

My fiance is on tourist visa too... he is been in the Phils. for almost a year now(September)...we renew his tourist visa every 59 days and in Cebu it will only take an hour for the renewal!

Hope you enjoy your stay in the Philippines!

God BLess!

01/22/08 hired an immigration lawyer

02/28/08 I 129F sent it to the lawyer

03/03/08 I-129F Received at CSC

03/04/08 NOA1

03/05/08 Touched

07/14/08 NOA2

07/24/08 Called NVC and got our MNL case number

07/25/08 NOA2 Hard copy received

07/29/08 USEM Rcvd hard file

07/30/08 Paid document verification

08/01/08 Called USEM for interview appointment! (Thank you lord)

08/19/08 Medical Examination

08/20/08 Medical Examination (PASSED)

08/26/08 Interview (PINK Slip only)

10/08/08 Visa Printing! Yehheeyy! (after 48years of waiting)

10/09/08 Visa Printing Done and is ready for release

10/10/08 Visa delivered yippeee!

10/31/08 FLY DAY!!!! POE LAS, NV[/color] PLS BLESS OUR TRIP OH LORD!

11/03/08 Got married in Las Vegas

11/15/08 filed SSN

11/29/08 SSN Card Rcvd

AOS JOURNEY

12/10/08 send AOS & EAD Packet to Chicago Lockbox

12/18/08 Cashed check

12/26/08 Rcvd NOA

01/07/09 Biometrics Appointment/Done

01/12/09 Rcvd mail TRANSFER NOTICE TO CSC (AOS)

03/10/2009 Rcvd EAD

04/20/2009 GREEN CARD RCVD!!! No interview at all!

04/21/2009 Got Driver Learners Permit

The Will of God never takes you to

where the Grace of God will not protect you.

v1g6b64wviy.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
thanks for sharing this :thumbs: enjoy your stay here in Phil!! :star: :star:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Hi!

My fiance is on tourist visa too... he is been in the Phils. for almost a year now(September)...we renew his tourist visa every 59 days and in Cebu it will only take an hour for the renewal!

Hope you enjoy your stay in the Philippines!

God BLess!

I am very much enjoying my stay. Trying to remain patient with the post interview waiting : ) I would stay, but i have to be at work in Hawaii NLT 15 September, so we will see what happens.

I think Tuesday was extra busy since it was first business day after 3 day weekend. The US Embassy of course will only have 4 day work weeks for 3 weeks in a row because of two Philippine and 1 US Holidays on three consecutive Mondays. Oh well...that is the way it works.

GBU2!!

enjoy your stay and try to eat the super tasty BALOT! :devil:

LOL thats funny. My wife and daughter had some balot last night for a snack... I chose to let them enjoy it alone. I had some potato chips and yakult though, hahaha.

LOL thats funny. My wife and daughter had some balot last night for a snack... I chose to let them enjoy it alone. I had some potato chips and yakult though, hahaha.

:lol: i guess you dint like too see this..

balut.jpg

nice pic of balot, huh? very inviting.. :devil:

:rofl:

Edited by envy_me

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

balut.jpg

hi sis envy...

just want to share something about balot. hehe. My husband never hesitated to eat balot and that was funny. he finds it weird.

1_761218528l.jpg...lol

Weatherman,

My husband stayed here for 3 months and he just payed all those fee at once 3 days before he will goes back to US. and he payed Php 7000+ that includes everything. sadly, we have to pay penalty. And we had to go back the next day to get his passport with stamp and certification that he doesn't have hold departure stuff. Enjoy your stay here in the Phils...:)

Edited by my_panacea = Greg

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

balut.jpg

hi sis envy...

just want to share something about balot. hehe. My husband never hesitated to eat balot and that was funny. he finds it weird.

1_761218528l.jpg...lol

Weatherman,

My husband stayed here for 3 months and he just payed all those fee at once 3 days before he will goes back to US. and he payed Php 7000+ that includes everything. sadly, we have to pay penalty. And we had to go back the next day to get his passport with stamp and certification that he doesn't have hold departure stuff. Enjoy your stay here in the Phils...:)

Yeah, i did not want to have to pay an additional penalty fee or have any problems. I knew I would have to extend my visa and pay, but i also knew I would leave before the extension expires. I went ahead and took care of it, it gave us something to do other than obsess over when HER and our daughter's visa would come, LOL.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

balut.jpg

This is cool pic!!! my hubby said " balot is panget'(ugly) lol, but i told him, its masarap(delicious/yummy)..he still learning tagalog now..but he likes Halo-Halo and banana cue ( sweet banana for him).

02-16-06- met online

07-20-07- first visit to phils

07-26-07-engagement

07-28-07- back to US

09-14-07- submitted I-129F

09-25-07- NOA1

10-25-07 -NOA2

11-01-07- My fiance got a letter from NVC that within 2 weeks Manila Consulate will send my Packet

11-20-07- Date of my Packet, actually the real one was earlier but it was sent somewhere, good thing my Fiance arrived to spent Thanksgiving day in Phils and we checked the status in Embassy.

11-23-07- Medical though the exact date was Nov. 29..

12-06-07- Interview

12-16-07- Visa in hand

01-16-98- Attended CFO

01-18-08- Arrived in USA , POE-Guam

03-16-08- Wedding

AOS

04-17-08- Submitted the AOS

04-24-08- NOA

05-13-08- Biometrics

05-27-08- Transferred to California

06-14-08- EAD card received

07-21-08- Date of AOS approval but got the letter July 24

No Interview, No RFE and Additional Vaccination( just used the SLEC medical docs)

07-22-08- Date of Permanent REsident CARd , got it July 29

07-31-08- apply for SSN

08-05-08-SSN delivery

01-12-09- First day of work(Thanks to Marielle and Mario)

hi sis envy...

1_761218528l.jpg...lol

[/color]

hehehe.. :lol:

i bet.. most foreign people find it weird..

it's cool that your hubby is game for everything.. :thumbs:

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.