Allen & Sally

TB Test and HIV Test???

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello vjr's this morning? i hope we are all gonna be okay with our journey and hopefully things will goin smoothly.. my concern now and quit disappointed yesterday when i went to the civil surgeon to transcribe my vaccination..i didn't know that im goin to undergo TB test and blood work again!grrrr....i told the nurse that i've done it before i came here in the states last june 28, asked me again if i brought with me the result, i said its in the immigration, the only one they gave us(st. lukes) was the vaccination record...but guess what she told me..that i still need TB and HIV test for record!!! Is that all true? or the doctor just simple money maker..For all i know, as K1 the medical exam is valid for 1 year..I was really disappointed cos of the tight situation now, i wouldn't have to pay for that amount..grrrr..$407 for that test!!!!and they didn't gave me the result but rather,they will mail it tomorrow!damn! goin to file my AOS on monday hopefully..

Is anyone from my fellow vjr's undergone TB testing and HIV, Syphillis,etc..like me?

Sally

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Sally,

Yes, the hiv test and tb skin test is mandatory to be given by the designated civil surgeon here in US a requirement for applying AOS. Before i went to the doctor, i made some phone calls and canvass which of them near in our place charge less.

So, i brought my DS3025 (my vaccination record from St. Lukes). The doctor did physical exam to me. (blood pressure, my height, my weight, vision, etc like what physical exam i had in St. Lukes). But no charge for that.

They only charge me for tb skin test $150, and $130 for hiv test. ($280 overall).

After 3 days i went back to the hospital for the result. They checked my tb skin test if i am positive or negative. And the result for hiv test also given to me. Both were negative. Aside from one piece of paper indicating both negative results pf tb skin test and hiv test, the designated civil surgeon also gave me the sealed envelope which i included when i sent my AOS application.

Shape

as to what i understand with the changes at the USCIS site (medical)..

those who've had their medical exam before june 1, 2008..

they don't need take the new vaccination and the TB test..

then those who've had their medical exam between june 1 - july 31, 2008..

they need to take the TB test, but don't need to get the new vaccination...

and those who've had their medical exam on or after august 1, 2008..

they need to take the TB test and new vaccination requirement if age appropriate..

i hope this helps.. :blush:

Edited by envy_me

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

NEW POLICIES WHICH ARE BETTER IN MY OPINION

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I have seen the new requirements for TB for medicals after June 1, 2008, but I do not see anything about needing another HIV test once you reach the USA. Has anyone else had to do this??

Timeline
as to what i understand with the changes at the USCIS site (medical)..

those who've had their medical exam before june 1, 2008..

they don't need take the new vaccination and the TB test..

then those who've had their medical exam between june 1 - july 31, 2008..

they need to take the TB test, but don't need to get the new vaccination...

and those who've had their medical exam on or after august 1, 2008..

they need to take the TB test and new vaccination requirement if age appropriate..

i hope this helps.. :blush:

This is absolutely right! I had my medical at St. Lukes May 28 and 29 just before the TB test take effect. I gave it to the civil surgeon and they were just asking about my documentation for the varicella which I didn't have coz I just showed the physician at St. Lukes my scars of chicken pox. What the CS suggested was to get another varicella vaccine or to have a blood test to assure that I had the chicken pox before. What I did is went to the State Department (like a City Health in PI) and I had my varicella vaccine for free. Went back to the CS and transcribe it, gave me the sealed envelop and finally ready to submit my AOS by Monday. The CS charge me $65 only. Isn't it great?

As what Shape said.. try to search who are the accredited CS in your ares and canvass.

Good Luck!

Vida Taylor

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.