moroccousa

Important Question on Finances for K-1 Through Casablanca

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi,

We are waiting for our Packet 3 from Casablanca (our packet arrived on August 18th), and have heard from others who have gone through the process that we might not have much time to get everything together, so we are working on that now.

I have an important question for other K1 petitioners through Casablanca, I have consistently read and heard that Casa is exceptional in that it does not required any financial information to get the visa (i.e. no affidavit of support required). Because of that, I have not been preparing that information at all (I know I will need it for adjustment of status, but I have just returned from living abroad and am starting a PhD program in September, so suffice it to say I really am in transition and am not really ready to fill out all that information quite yet)

So, my question is for those who have recently gone through Casa, did you fill out the affidavit of support or not? Did you think it would help your fiancé at the interview or are we fine without it? Or do I really not need to worry about it?

Also, how long was it between when the packet arrived at the consulate, how long you got Packet 3 and how long the interview was scheduled...

Thanks for any tips!

Elizabeth

04/14/2008 Overnighted to VSC

04/15/2008 Received in Vermont

04/21/2008 NOA1 Issued

04/24/2008 Check cleared

05/20/2008 Touched

05/21/2008 Touched again

07/21/2008 NOA2 Approved!

08/12/2008 Forwarded from NVC to Casablanca

08/18/2008 Arrived in Casablanca

08/26/2008 Packet 3 Sent from Consulate

09/01/2008 Packet 3 Arrived

10/15/2008 Interview Scheduled!

Timeline

hi i had my interview in casa and you wont need affidavit of support also it wont help for getting the visa too so all you need to do is prepare your fiance' for the questions also tell him to work on the way he will present the evidence for the officer it's so important evidence mean (photos-emails-chat history-phone bills-plane tickets - copy from your passport that shows the stump on it when enter morocco -engagement rings and receipt if possible and any thing you think it would help to prove your relation) so when the packet arrived to casa it will take a week to 10 days to get to him i got my packet a week before my interview so i hope this informations will help and good luck for you guys if you need any informations just let me know another time don't worry about affidavit of support it's not required.

Hi,

We are waiting for our Packet 3 from Casablanca (our packet arrived on August 18th), and have heard from others who have gone through the process that we might not have much time to get everything together, so we are working on that now.

I have an important question for other K1 petitioners through Casablanca, I have consistently read and heard that Casa is exceptional in that it does not required any financial information to get the visa (i.e. no affidavit of support required). Because of that, I have not been preparing that information at all (I know I will need it for adjustment of status, but I have just returned from living abroad and am starting a PhD program in September, so suffice it to say I really am in transition and am not really ready to fill out all that information quite yet)

So, my question is for those who have recently gone through Casa, did you fill out the affidavit of support or not? Did you think it would help your fiancé at the interview or are we fine without it? Or do I really not need to worry about it?

Also, how long was it between when the packet arrived at the consulate, how long you got Packet 3 and how long the interview was scheduled...

Thanks for any tips!

Elizabeth

hi guys;

wow today i received my APPROVAL LETTER FOR THE ADVANCED PAROLE so here we go . i am waiting for my EAD card to arrive it's on the way i hope i will wake up tomorrow and find it in the mail box lol good like guys

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi MoroccoUSA,

We didn't need our Affidavit of Support either... we did have it ready, though, just in case of anything. They never looked at it, but i am glad we were extra prepared in any case.

i can't remember how long it took between Packet 3 and the interview... maybe 6 weeks? But i notice they've been working a lot faster now!

Good luck, :thumbs:

hz

Edited by AlHayatZween

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Badr had his interview on July 7th. I sent him the Affadavit of Support. I had it notorized and ready to go, as well as my 2007 tax return, 2007 W2's, paystub, letter from bank and letter from employer. They only thing they looked at and kept was the W2's. Sometimes it's better to be safe than sorry.

Label.jpg

.png

mybabygirl-1-1.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Sometimes it's better to be safe than sorry.

True, and Casa can be very unpredictable... one day they are asking for one thing, and then the next day something different...

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
gotta love casa always keeping you on your toes.

Even though you are in a transition, I would get him all the documents you can. You never know when the wind is going to change direction there. How long it takes to get the packet depends on how far he is from Casa. My husband was on the east side of Morocco and it took nearly 10 days. By the time he got his paperwork he had only another 12 days to get everything done. Fortunately I had been watching and asking questions here in MENA so I knew what we needed and what docs could do the physical. I also did the forms online and mailed them to him since a lot of it was my info anyways. This saved a lot of time. BTW, you can try to email the consulate and ask if they have scheduled his interview yet. Put the case number in the subject line. that is how I got our date in advance. Good luck

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Timeline

We just had our interview in Casablanca three weeks ago and did not need the affidavit of support. I even emailed them to ask them and they said no, they don't want it. Our packet 3 was delivered to the wrong address, but thankfully my fiance asked around and found it with the 'mool hanoot'. I had emailed the consulate, so knew the date of his interview ahead of time. The interview was less than two weeks after we received the packet and about three weeks after his file was received in Casa.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi,

Thanks for any tips!

Elizabeth

My husband just came through Casa. We did not need an Affidavit of Support. But now that I am applying for adjutment of Status we need one. So prepare one just in case.

12531741_bodyshot_300x400.gif6783001_bodyshot_300x400.gif

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

th_l_c84498a71b1eeba4d00cd9963dd0a85a.gif

kb7wan37jt.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.