babybunny

CALLING ALL GOING THOUGH ISLAMABAD PAKISTAN- OFF TOPIC

1,982 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Mary , call the senators laison, is it possible??

(F)

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Mary , call the senators laison, is it possible??

(F)

Cindy I already called them and she said let them check into it. The congressman does not want to bother with it. I vote every time and I will remember him in the coming year. I hope to hear something soon from our Senators office.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

contact congresssman and the other state senator.. tell them you got nowhere with the former at least you will be having a few letters from govt officials flowing into Islamabad

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

All,

good news, my brother just got his visa after being on AR for almost 3 years. He was given the visa couple of days ago. Matter of fact they didn't stamp his visa, they were out of VISA stamps (stickers), they told everyone who was approved that US embassy will receive VISA stickers within a week and then your passports will be mailed via fed-ex. For menawhile they gace my brother a Purple sticket which they said show to Fed-Ex folks to receive his passport. So atlast his long AR journey has ended. Does anyone have experienced the samething? has anyone's relative was told similar thing lately. My brother was saying everyone was approved for visa had the same purple sticker.......

I just wanted to share this news with everyone...

Don't hate the player, Hate the game

Peter Griffin: The deep south? Isn't that the place where the black guys are really lazy and all the white guys are just as lazy but they're mad at the black guys for being so lazy?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
All,

good news, my brother just got his visa after being on AR for almost 3 years. He was given the visa couple of days ago. Matter of fact they didn't stamp his visa, they were out of VISA stamps (stickers), they told everyone who was approved that US embassy will receive VISA stickers within a week and then your passports will be mailed via fed-ex. For menawhile they gace my brother a Purple sticket which they said show to Fed-Ex folks to receive his passport. So atlast his long AR journey has ended. Does anyone have experienced the samething? has anyone's relative was told similar thing lately. My brother was saying everyone was approved for visa had the same purple sticker.......

Congrats Dood and brother of Dood! Wow 3 years!

The Hubby was there on Tuesday (2/21) and they told him the same thing. Approved but no Visa's at Embassy! So he is waiting for Fed/ex or Amex or something any day now too!

11-08-05 Interview

11-08-05 A/R with full set of fingerprints

12-23-05 45 day minimum - only fingerprints are back

12-30-05 Still waiting for results at DOS

01-23-06 I-130 Approved (via email on Friday the 13th) (Got to NVC 2/6/06)

01-27-06 Still Waiting - 80th day of A/R

02-08-06 You have got to be kidding me.......

02-16-06 Receive letter from Embassy to return with emails and passports! (DOS complete 1/12/06)

02-19-06 Flight from Karachi to Islamabad

02-21-06 Drops off recent chats and old passport at Embassy

02-21-06 Embassy Issues Visa!!! YaaaaFreeeakinHooo!

02-22-06 Flight from ISL to Karachi (dont get me started on why they could not just hand him his passport yesterday)

02-23-06 - Argue with AMEX for an hour to make them look for the embassy shipment

02-28-06 - He's here..... now off to AOS!

05-12-06 - EAD Card Received

07-23-06 - After 10 weeks, SSN in hand!

07-25-06 - AOS Interview

07-25-06 - AOS 'semi-approved' waiting FBI name check GRR!!

09-23-06 - Welcome Notice in the Mail!!!

08-04-08 NOA 1 Removing Conditions

08-28-08 Bio Appt

01-02-09 Nothing, not even a touch! I was really hoping one step would go smooth.

01-27-09 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!! Yaahoo, finally!!! Next Step Naturalization.

11-09-09 N-400 Delivered - Phoenix

03-16-10 Oath Ceremony - Denver CO - DONE! DONE! DONE!

Don't ask me anything, I'm making this up as I go along

All,

Congrats Dood and brother of Dood! Wow 3 years!

The Hubby was there on Tuesday (2/21) and they told him the same thing. Approved but no Visa's at Embassy! So he is waiting for Fed/ex or Amex or something any day now too!

Woow congratulations to you too....did they give him any rough date, like around when he should be expecting a call from fed-ex? And did they give him purple sticker?

Peter Griffin: The deep south? Isn't that the place where the black guys are really lazy and all the white guys are just as lazy but they're mad at the black guys for being so lazy?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dood I am so very happy for your brother. Wow that is something about the stickers. I pray it is resolved soon.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

laneysera:

where is ur husband from, what city? And they told my brother it could take anyway from 1 to 2 weeks to receive the passport. Now yuou mentioned your husband is fling on 28th, what if he didn't receive his package by then? i hope he hasn't purchased the ticket....

Timeline
Woow congratulations to you too....did they give him any rough date, like around when he should be expecting a call from fed-ex? And did they give him purple sticker?

Well, he had the purple sticker from his original interview in November. He told them that since he was in ISL (he lives in Karachi - but had to come back for a 2nd interview) - please just give me the visa here. They said no, and pointed out to him that he had opted for the AMEX at the interview and that they were not giving visas out of the Embassy - he would have to have it mailed (so back to Karachi he went :wacko: ). The lady told him should be there by Friday - inshaallah...

11-08-05 Interview

02-16-06 Receive letter from Embassy to return with emails and passports! (DOS complete 1/12/06)

02-22-06 Flight from ISL to Karachi (dont get me started on why they could not just hand him his passport yesterday)

02-23-06 - Argue with AMEX for an hour to make them look for the embassy shipment

07-25-06 - AOS Interview

08-28-08 Bio Appt

01-02-09 Nothing, not even a touch! I was really hoping one step would go smooth.

01-27-09 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!! Yaahoo, finally!!! Next Step Naturalization.

Filed: Timeline
All,

Congrats, Dood man.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Dood I am so very happy for your brother. Wow that is something about the stickers. I pray it is resolved soon.

Mary

Mary:

Thanks, its not an issue, its just that US embassy ran out of VISA stickers which is normal. they said we can't issue the visa right now but we will give you a purple sticket which you need to show to fed-ex to receive your visa. They said we should be receiving visa sticket within couple of days. I think they have been out of visa stickers for a week or so. I think it'll take them a week or two to mail all the passports+visa package to all the folks.

Timeline
laneysera:

where is ur husband from, what city? And they told my brother it could take anyway from 1 to 2 weeks to receive the passport. Now yuou mentioned your husband is fling on 28th, what if he didn't receive his package by then? i hope he hasn't purchased the ticket....

we did :whistle: - but it will only cost me $50 to change - i've already started to look at new flights - just in case

he is in Karachi now, but is from Kashmir

11-08-05 Interview

07-25-06 - AOS Interview

08-28-08 Bio Appt

Well, he had the purple sticker from his original interview in November. He told them that since he was in ISL (he lives in Karachi - but had to come back for a 2nd interview) - please just give me the visa here. They said no, and pointed out to him that he had opted for the AMEX at the interview and that they were not giving visas out of the Embassy - he would have to have it mailed (so back to Karachi he went :wacko: ). The lady told him should be there by Friday - inshaallah...

woow the embassy told him 3 to 4 days, embassy told my brother 7 to 10 working days....hmm wonder what happened there

you mean we could be just waiting on a sticker too? we have the brown token from the olden days. uhmmm

you gotta wait for it to turn purple..... :angry: .....

My brother was very relief,,,he has been waiting for it since 1984....actually the entire families petition was filed in 1984, we came in 1994 but he couldn't come with my parents due to his age (over 21 kids can't come, he stayed there with my 2 other sistes who were 26 and 22...one of my sister was 21 years and 4 days old but they didn't approve her)...then my dad filed his petition in 1994, and now his visa is approved it took another 12 years for him to be approved....

Edited by Dood Wala

Timeline
woow the embassy told him 3 to 4 days, embassy told my brother 7 to 10 working days....hmm wonder what happened there

my hubby has a habit of being over confident :D with Embassy time lines. He really thought the 45 days would be the max on A/R - :bonk: but god bless him he's all mine.

We'll know in about 20 hours -

wow 12 years on your brother!

11-08-05 Interview

07-25-06 - AOS Interview

08-28-08 Bio Appt