higantetingting

what kind of plane ticket we will buy

17 posts in this topic

I considered buying a round-trip ticket for my Fiancee cuz sometimes she is SO SO KULIT and I may want to send her back home! hahahaha - A one way ticke is all you need Gary, best of luck! (We paid about $1000 for a ticket from Manila to US east coast - stopped in SF). By the way we HIGHLY recommend San Fran as port of entry!! There are several posts about POEs here, but San Fran was a BREEZE!!

"Love with all your heart and soul."

Like everybody has already said, one way is fine for K-1 etc and IR/CR-1 etc visas. Some don't wait, but its always good idea to wait until you have visa in hand before buying ticket!!! At least make sure the ticket you get can be changed in case you have a delay. There will be additional fee if you have to change. Never any delays dealing with Embassy, right??? LOL.

I think people want to make sure they can get a ticket so they can travel as soon as possible, but think about it, one person can usually find a seat pretty quick. Once you get notice from DELBROS the visa is on the way, you can book the seat and make your final preparations to leave bassed on when DELBROS says it will arrive.... allow a couple days extra to make sure you get it in time.

Where are you going in the US? There will be better deals on the various airlines based on where you will go in the US. Hawaiian Airlines and Philippine Airlines both have direct flights multiple times a week to Honolulu...Hawaiian is cheaper by about 100 dollars per ticket. Detroit?? Northwest Airlines is a Hub there. Houston? Continental. Dallas? American Airlines and I think also United. So, check around based on the airport you will fly into as POE.

BE CAREFUL!!!!: I BOOKED OUR TICKETS ONLINE VIA HAWAIIAN AIRLINES WEBSITE AND USED CREDIT CARD TO PAY. I MUST BE PRESENT (I am here with wife and daughter waiting for Visa to be finsihed and delivered) AND SHOW THE CREDIT CARD AT THE MANILA AIRPORT TO BE ABLE TO GET THE TICKETS!!! So, that is something to be aware of when you book your tickets. Perhaps you can reserve the ticket and then have your fiance remit you the money and you can pay in person at the airport for the ticket at the counter.

Or, You can shop for the best deal and then go to to that airline's office here in Phils if they have one (Hawaiian does).

Or, maybe your finance can get the ticket and then DHL it to you in Phils or he can pay in US and have you pick it up at the airport in Phils.

You can also check on travelocity or expedia to either book tickets or get a good idea of what airlines have flights available to your destination with an idea of the price.

Google "airplane ticket Manila-xxxxx" (xxxxx = your place in States) and I am sure you will get lots of sites that will help as well.

Good Luck!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.