eros_EX_Plumber

Best way to send Documents to Philippines ?

23 posts in this topic

I used USPS Global Express for everything and didn't have any problems 5 different times. One was even a laptop!! Guess I was lucky as I've heard others weren't. Other stuff I sent not via Global Express but by USPS wasn't that lucky. Wasn't that important tho.

Just sent a USPS 4 pound Global Express small box yesterday. Cost was $43 US. Ouch!!!

Yep, I've used USPS International Flat Rate Envelope and small box. I only had 1 issue with the Phils post office, as they had my package in the time frame USPS said, but they didn't notify my SO that it was there and it sat in the local PO for an extra 7 days :blink: .. toinks!! But still not bad for sending out to little city out in the mountains that usually takes 8-10/hrs to get to on a bus from Manila.. lol..

I did see a DHL envelope in the Post Office, so I would probably go with that if I ever really needed to send important documents in a short amount of time...

Unless she needs original documents, sending thru email and having them print it out is another good way of doing it... :thumbs:

Otherwise, I've been using USPS to send her cards and letters with no problems.. ;)

"No saan nga makaammo nga nangtaliaw ti naggapuanna, Saan a makadanon ti papananna..."

*04/23/10 - GC recieved in the mail!! d( -_-)b
*07/30/12 - ROC Approved!!
*08/08/12 - 10/yr GC received in the mail!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I used USPS Global Express for everything and didn't have any problems 5 different times. One was even a laptop!! Guess I was lucky as I've heard others weren't. Other stuff I sent not via Global Express but by USPS wasn't that lucky. Wasn't that important tho.

Just sent a USPS 4 pound Global Express small box yesterday. Cost was $43 US. Ouch!!!

USPS subcontract Fedex for their USPS Global Express.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

we used fed ex too :P

Naturalization

01-04-2012 --- N400 sent

01-11-2012 --- Check Cashed

01-10-2012 --- NOA1

02-07-2012 --- Biometrics

02-14-2012 --- Yellow Letter (it says "bring any state issued ID" for interview)

02-24-2012 --- Placed in line for Interview Scheduling

02-27-2012 --- Interview Letter sent out

03-02-2012 --- Interview Letter received

04-02-2012 --- INTERVIEW- passed!

05-01-2012 --- Oath scheduled/ Oath Letter Sent

05-16-2012 --- Oath Taking! I am now a USC!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-5

05-17-2012 --- I-130 Sent

05-29-2012 --- NOA1

09-24-2012 --- NOA2

10-11-2012 --- Received Case Number via email

10-12-2012 --- Mailed AOS

10-24-2012 --- Mailed DS-230

11-16-2012 --- Case Complete

11-27-2012 --- Received interview schedule via email

11-05-2012 --- Early Medical day 1

11-06-2012 --- Medical Day 2 -PASSED!

01-03-2013 --- Interview- APRROVED!

01-10-2013 --- VISA Received

01-14-2013 --- POE LAX

NEVER EVER use USPS!!! they are full of B.S.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance sent me all the docs(original and photocopy) last Aug 6(wed) using USPS and it was delivered to me today.I also sent him a package and used Philpost(IEMS)he got it after 7working days :thumbs:

NEVER EVER use USPS!!! they are full of B.S.

:wow: sorry to hear you've had trouble with them... I've been using them all the time and not one of my mail/packages have yet to be lost, they've been delivered within the time I was quoted when sending my package.

Now, what happens to the package/letter after it gets to the pinas post office, is another story, I'm sure that is out of USPS control after that...

Ingatz lge!!

"No saan nga makaammo nga nangtaliaw ti naggapuanna, Saan a makadanon ti papananna..."

*04/23/10 - GC recieved in the mail!! d( -_-)b
*07/30/12 - ROC Approved!!
*08/08/12 - 10/yr GC received in the mail!!

Filed: Timeline

Thanks all for the replies..

These are good answers to new VJs like me...and it a lot of help on hearing other people experiences, it help take out some of the worries.

I wish i had found this site when i applied for my citizenship...it would have saved my a lot headaches...

Once again...thank you all for sharing your experiences and GOD bless you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.