Shannon and David

Can a guide for the I-864 and I-131 be made too?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi!

Just a thought. I LOVE the guides.

Can guides be made for the I-864 and I-131 as well? Just so people are sure that they've included everything.

Maybe even for some of the other papers for the Embassy process. That was seriously overwhelming, especially the I-134.

Edited by Shannon and David

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Timeline

u can same the same paperwrk taxes bank paper etc

Hi!

Can guides be made for the I-864 and I-131 as well? Just so people are sure that they've included everything.

Maybe even for some of the other papers for the Embassy process. That was seriously overwhelming, especially the I-134.

Visa I 130 for Step Daughter

Sept 2010-- Getting documents ready. sent BC out for translation.

March 1st 2012-- Sent documents to USCIS

June 15th 2012 EMAIL OF APPROVAL !!

Dec 15th 2012 -- Interview scheduled ( 1-23-2013)

Jan 9th 2013--Medical Exam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Hi!

i complety understand you..... i am doing my paperwork right now for AOS and there are 3 things that are delaying me for filling the papers:

-IRS papers for last year (i left the only copy i had in lima embassy during the interview :( )

-translation of my birth certificate

-I-693A to transcript my vaccination report from lima. tomowwor i am going to one of the Austin doctors... i hope they dont give me trouble on this, i dont want to pay lots of money for an additional medical

sometimes i also feel that the 864 is not too clear on the info to present. the instructions say las year of your tax report and the checklist says something like 3 years..... plop!!!!

I-131

what i am suposed to write in Part one question 3 class of admission??? (i wrote K-1 visa holder)

then most of the form i left without filling

good luck for you both!

Katia

Timeline
Hi!

i complety understand you..... i am doing my paperwork right now for AOS and there are 3 things that are delaying me for filling the papers:

-IRS papers for last year (i left the only copy i had in lima embassy during the interview :( )

-translation of my birth certificate

-I-693A to transcript my vaccination report from lima. tomowwor i am going to one of the Austin doctors... i hope they dont give me trouble on this, i dont want to pay lots of money for an additional medical

sometimes i also feel that the 864 is not too clear on the info to present. the instructions say las year of your tax report and the checklist says something like 3 years..... plop!!!!

I-131

what i am suposed to write in Part one question 3 class of admission??? (i wrote K-1 visa holder)

then most of the form i left without filling

good luck for you both!

Katia

Oh no, you left your copy of the IRS papers in Lima! You can request a transcript from the IRS. I think the link is in the guides... it'll be faster if you call. The number to call is listed by the form link.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=otherforms

Translation of the birth certificate: I did the translation for David's and I included the letter that says that I can do it. It's also in the guides, I think.

Don't do the I-693A, do the I-693. There's lots of questions and answers about this in the AOS forum (and the Working and Traveling before Green Card forum as well). I hope that you didn't pay for a full medical because you shouldn't have! Let me know if you need any help with this.

For the I-864, you only NEED to include last year's tax return with supporting documents. It's optional to include the other 2. If you include a transcript, you do not need to include the supporting documents (W-2s, etc).

Edited by Shannon and David

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

Timeline
Oh no, you left your copy of the IRS papers in Lima! You can request a transcript from the IRS. I think the link is in the guides... it'll be faster if you call. The number to call is listed by the form link.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=otherforms

Translation of the birth certificate: I did the translation for David's and I included the letter that says that I can do it. It's also in the guides, I think.

Don't do the I-693A, do the I-693. There's lots of questions and answers about this in the AOS forum (and the Working and Traveling before Green Card forum as well). I hope that you didn't pay for a full medical because you shouldn't have! Let me know if you need any help with this.

For the I-864, you only NEED to include last year's tax return with supporting documents. It's optional to include the other 2. If you include a transcript, you do not need to include the supporting documents (W-2s, etc).

Here's the link with the translation letter...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=assembly