afia

using 2 different names

1 post in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi evereyone,

how is everyone doing here? i am back at visajourney after 2 yrs ,ok here is my lil history i filed for my ex-husband and i had a green card when i filed for him then i became a naturalized citizen so at that point i changed my name from maiden to my married so i have my married name on my passport and my naturalization certificate from my ex-husband but i got divorce in march of this yr in pakistan and there we only use maiden name and sign with maiden name on divorce paper and on marriage papers so i signed with my maiden name on divorce paper,while i was there i met someone who beacme very special and now we are getting marry very soon hopefully within a month so i do not have time to change my name on my passport ,i am still using my ex-husband's last name on my passport and even on my naturalization certificate ,now i am going to get married in pakistan and i am gonna sign on my marriage certificate with maiden name so i am confused ,do u guys think its goona be problem for filing I130 for my future husband i just do not want to change my name at this point first i do not have time, sec after marriage then again i will chnage my name so i just want to get married and changmy name in once so i do not have to do twice,do u guys think it would be problem divorce and marriage certificate signed with maiden name and passport and naturalization certificate signed with married name from my ex-husband, i think i have make u guys confused tooooooo sorrry:-( if u guys have any suggestion or and thoughts about it please,thanks

usics and dept of state they have my both names b/c i came here with my maiden name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.