NYN

Our affidavit of bona fides of marriage

1 post in this topic

Filed: Country: El Salvador
Timeline

This is what our affidavit of the bona fides of the marriage looks like. We got my husband's childhood friend, and wedding ceremony witness to do it for us. Again, we cheated and took the basics from what someone else had posted, and our notary changed it a little to suit the way things are in El Salvador. (We thought we should send one in just in case because we have just known each other for about a year and a half, and we only got married like two months ago.)

I, (name of person), do hereby affirm that in connection with (my husband's name) application for a United States of America visa, that the contencts herein are based on my personal knowledge and are true.

I was born in (name of place), located in (place) in El Salvador on (date). I reside in (name of place, address and location in the country) The beneficiary (name of my husband) is my childhood friend and I met (my name, the USC) in (date) in (place) , when she was introduced to me as (name of husband)'s girlfreind.

I have often seen (my husband's name) and (my name) in (husband's hometown) when they have come to visit me during the weekends while they were dating. I have seen them often in (where husband lived in the capital) at the house we shared with (my husband's name) and friends and students. I have seen them very happy and it's apparent they love each other very much.

I was a witness to (my husband's name) and (my name) wedding, which took place in (place) on (date). I have personally known about (husband's name) and (my name)'s relationship since they were dating to their marriage. Their marriage is true, legitimate, has not been done in bad faith or with any other motive than the love the have for one another.

San Salvador, date

Illegible signature

(name of person given affidavit)

ID number

If you need something like this feel free to copy the gist of it and modify it to suit your situation. If you have questions or want to see the one in Spanish let us know.

Nydia Y Neftaly (NYN)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.