Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

I-751 issues while living abroad

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am about to file my I-751 form to remove conditions of residence however since may of 2007 I have been living in Kenya with my wife who works for the UN. We've made sure that we both return to the states regularly and have never been away for more than a year at a time. I am in fact returning to the states to file my form as my current card expires in October. My question is do i need to submit photo's and fingerprints as specified in the I-751 instructions. My wife is neither with the US military of Government but does for for the UN. Is this considered a US government job. The I-751 I'm filing will have a Kenyan address. Will immigration not find this a little weird? Neither of us plan to return to the states to live anytime soon but at some point we may, so clearly I want the conditions to be removed. Has anyone else faced the same dilema or can anyone assist me on this matter?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...