john & jean

cr1 visa

7 posts in this topic

WHAT ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS WERE REQUESTED AT THE INTERVIEW.

WE HAVE A LETTER FROM THE NVC SAYING ALL DOCUMENTS NEEDED WERE RECEIVED/ COMPLETED/ REVIEWED . THE LIST ALSO INCLUDES SEVERAL FORMS NOT NEEDED.

IT ALSO STATES THAT EVEN THOUGH THE APPLICANT PROVIDED THE NVC WITH A COPY OF THE DOCUMENT, THE APPLICANT IS STILL REQUIRED TO BRING THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENT TO THE INTERVIEW.

WE ONLY SENT ORIGINALS TO THE NVC. NO PHOTOCOPIES!!

IS THIS SOMETHING TO BE ALARMED ABOUT???

ALL RESPONSES APPRECIATED

H E L P

john&Jean

WE HAVE A LETTER FROM THE NVC SAYING ALL DOCUMENTS NEEDED WERE RECEIVED/ COMPLETED/ REVIEWED . THE LIST ALSO INCLUDES SEVERAL FORMS NOT NEEDED.

IT ALSO STATES THAT EVEN THOUGH THE APPLICANT PROVIDED THE NVC WITH A COPY OF THE DOCUMENT, THE APPLICANT IS STILL REQUIRED TO BRING THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENT TO THE INTERVIEW.

H E L P

john&Jean

Hello, my husband had his interview last week and Visa received today. He did bring with him copies of all the documents that we passed at NVC...just in case they asked.....He also had another NBI clearance with him...Plus all the proof of relationship.....

He said that they ONLY asked to see our pictures together.......and asked him the basic questions like when did we get married/how long we've known each other...........and he was approved.....

Hope this helps...

thanks,

What they ask for is on a case by case basis. Otherwise take EVERYTHING you have with you to the interview!

Pictures seem to be the number one thing looked at.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

I did bring all the original copies except for my husband's original birth certificate. I also brought a bundle of e-mail printed it out from my husband and me at the course of our relationship.

However during the interview, the Pre screener just requested me to show our pictures together and any evidence that shows his finanacial support. I showed my extension ATM card to the Pre-screener but he didn't bother to look at it and he ask if I have anything other than the extension card, like money transfer receipt, so I just showed the manager's check duplicate from BPI when my husband sent a cheque to me just before we got married (I'm glad the Pre-screener didn't question this).

So all in all the "must" are the pictures, the money transfer receipt.

Good luck~! :star::star::star::star::star:

H E L P

john&Jean

Edited by blairbitxh

H E L P

john&Jean

During my interview i bring all my original documents and the original documents sent to me by my hubby but the pre screener just asked my NBI clearance and a picture of me and my hubby signing the marriage certificate..

janerevised043.jpg

janeandhernewcar001-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

H E L P

john&Jean

Hey John.

For our case, I made sure my wife had two sets of ORIGINAL documents plus two sets of COPIES of the originals. We submitted a set of originals and a set of copies to the NVC for the DS-230 and the other set of originals and copies we will bring with us to the interview JUST INCASE.

But the Embassy gets the originals you were supposed to send to the NVC, and then the Embassy sends those to the NSO for DV.

TIMELINE: (CR-1)

06/02/06: Introduced

02/23/07: Engaged

08/07/07: Married

11/15/07: I-130 Submitted

1/24/08: Received

3/24/08: APPROVED

04/21/08: Letter from NVC, $70.00 Bill

05/27/08: I-864 Packet Sent

05/30/08: Choice of Agent E-mail Accepted (9 dys)

06/02/08: IV Bill Paid Online

06/05/08: DS-230 Requested

06/02/08: I-864A RFE Generated

06/09/08: DS-230 Received

06/13/08: CASE COMPLETE (7 mo)

08/01/08: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

08/06/08: Medical: PASSED

08/14/08: Interview: APPROVED!

08/15/08: Visa Pick-up

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.