66 posts in this topic

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why would you be eligible for an I140 petition for alien worker? Sorry, I am not following.

We filed for 3 EAD's (and paid for) all based on the family category my huband came in on and was adjusting from (K1 to AOS). The I765 was all that was available.

Filed: Other Country: Singapore
Timeline

Thanks. I just want to get a 2 years EAD. I thought may be i can get that. 365 every year dont want to give

Then why would you be eligible for an I140 petition for alien worker? Sorry, I am not following.

We filed for 3 EAD's (and paid for) all based on the family category my huband came in on and was adjusting from (K1 to AOS). The I765 was all that was available.

I already applied in june for the new EAD and they are working right now on april applications.

Thanks. I just want to get a 2 years EAD. I thought may be i can get that. 365 every year dont want to give

I can understand your frustration. Those of us that were pending years have to/had to continue to pay yearly for our interim benefits despite the change in how things are filed now (renewals included in the original fees).

But no, an I140 isn't applicable to you.

Timeline

I dont understand these two lines. It says first process all name checks in February 2009 and then it says June 2009 process 98%. Also is their any hope after june 2009 i mean if they still hold my application after june 2009 then what i will do?

Thanks.

February 2009 Process all name checks pending more than 180 days

June 2009 Process 98 percent of all name checks within 30 days and process the remaining two percent within 90 days

I can understand your frustration. Those of us that were pending years have to/had to continue to pay yearly for our interim benefits despite the change in how things are filed now (renewals included in the original fees).

But no, an I140 isn't applicable to you.

I dont understand these two lines. It says first process all name checks in February 2009 and then it says June 2009 process 98%. Also is their any hope after june 2009 i mean if they still hold my application after june 2009 then what i will do?

Thanks.

June 2009 Process 98 percent of all name checks within 30 days and process the remaining two percent within 90 days

These are their benchmarks. As I understand it - their goal is to be on the workflow where all gc applications are to be processed within a certain time frame - by June 09 they hope to process most by 30 days and the remaining within 90 days.

As an aside - this memo does *not* mean greencards will be approved in 6 months now. I have seen several people posting such. It is a goal at this time, although the majority *are* processed in 6-7 months.

I really have no idea what the benchmark would be for you as you have that I130 issue.

Timeline

Thanks for your reply. Can you please also tell me if i go to the lawyer then what lawyer can do in that situation. I think he just go to get the followups from them nothing else.

Thanks.

These are their benchmarks. As I understand it - their goal is to be on the workflow where all gc applications are to be processed within a certain time frame - by June 09 they hope to process most by 30 days and the remaining within 90 days.

As an aside - this memo does *not* mean greencards will be approved in 6 months now. I have seen several people posting such. It is a goal at this time, although the majority *are* processed in 6-7 months.

I really have no idea what the benchmark would be for you as you have that I130 issue.

Timeline

Also i sent an email at the following address just to ask if my name check is completed or not dont know they reply me or not

fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov

Thanks for your reply. Can you please also tell me if i go to the lawyer then what lawyer can do in that situation. I think he just go to get the followups from them nothing else.

Thanks.

I have never gotten a reply from that email address. Good luck! I hope they reply. Have you contacted the Immigration Assistance Center? I can't remember if it was you that I suggested it to. We sent in a service request (info request) and received a phone call in return.

Contact the IMMIGRATION ASSISTANCE Center

send pertinent info to:

111 Massachusetts Ave NW 6th Floor

Washington, DC 20539

or fax to: (202) 272-1865

Timeline

Thanks for your replies. Yes you give me that address before and i sent it by fax plus by mail. But i again sent it by fax and by mail. I am not lucky that much i didnt receive any call from them.

I have never gotten a reply from that email address. Good luck! I hope they reply. Have you contacted the Immigration Assistance Center? I can't remember if it was you that I suggested it to. We sent in a service request (info request) and received a phone call in return.

send pertinent info to:

Washington, DC 20539

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi guys: I got my third work authorization card without any problem. This is unusuall they give me a lot of hard time in my two cards. Also the uscis customer services told me that my name check is also completed but they dont know why my i-485 is still on hold. Any suggesstion?

Thanks for your replies. Yes you give me that address before and i sent it by fax plus by mail. But i again sent it by fax and by mail. I am not lucky that much i didnt receive any call from them.

send pertinent info to:

Washington, DC 20539

Well, I was able to file a mandamus and got my case approved within 10 days. PM me if you need more details..

Our Timeline

06/23/2006 Happiest day of my life, got married to my lovely Wife!

AOS

11/27/06 I-485 / I-765 Sent (Overnight)

11/28/06 I-485 / I-765 Received

12/01/06 Notice Date for both

12/02/06, 12/04/06, 12/05/06, 12/06/06, 12/10/06, 12/11/06 Touched !!!

12/19/06 Interview letter Issued!

12/26/06 Interview Notice Received!

02/13/07 Interview

08/25/08 Filed Writ of Mandamus (Law Suit) against USCIS, DOS, FBI

09/16/08 Application Approved (IR6)

09/22/08 Card Production Ordered

09/23/08 Welcome Notice Received

09/29/08 10 YR. GC Received!

N-400

07/18/11 N-400 Sent (Overnight) UPS

07/19/11 N-400 Received

08/23/11 Case status changed - FP letter sent

08/26/11 Fingerprint notice received in mail

08/26/11 Early Fingerprints completed

09/13/11 Original Fingerprints scheduled date

08/30/11 Case status updated: In-Line to be scheduled for an interview

09/12/11 Case status updated: Interview is now scheduled

09/15/11 Interview letter received!

10/19/11 Interview at Santa Ana, CA - I-130 is not approved in file

10/19/11 RFE issued

10/27/11 RFE response received and is being reviewed - even though I didn't get any RFE or responded to one!

11/11/11 Notification for Placed in que for oath ceremony

11/15/11 Notification for Oath being scheduled

11/18/11 N-445 Oath letter received

12/15/11 Oath Ceremony - Its all over! I AM FINALLY A US CITIZEN!

Timeline
Well, I was able to file a mandamus and got my case approved within 10 days. PM me if you need more details..

Can you please tell me in detail what you did and how your case approve in 10 days?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Can I eligible for the student loan I have EAD valid till November 2009. Also I have credit cards playing since 5 years and my car which is also on bank payments.

Many of us can relate to your frustration Rasheed. you have been waiting VERY long so LaL does have a good point about visiting the office. Maybe with the memo in hand they will actually push for someone to look at your case. On the other hand, wait to see what the Ombudsman says if you don't want to drive to Georgia.

Best of luck. I'm also married to a Pakistani and we've been waiting a while too.

Has your I-130 been approved already?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.