TexPamp

Night before interview

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sweeties lives fairly close to USEM but she will have to get up VERY early in the morning and catch a jeepney from here to there them MRT/LRT, jeepney. To save her the hassle, where is a good hotel close by USEM where she can stay for the evening before her interview?

Keep in mind, she will likely be alone so safety is an issue as well as convenience.

Thank you

TexPamp

K-1

March 17, 2008.....I-129F Packet sent to Vermont Service Center

March 20, 2008.....I-129F arrived at Vermont Service Center

March 21, 2008.....NOA 1

May 27, 2008........NOA2

June 19, 2008.......Delbros Paid

June 30, 2008.......Medical (Passed)

July 18, 2008........Interview (Passed, Pink and White slip)

Sept 17, 2008.......Recieved Visa

Sept 19, 2008.......CFO at St. Mary's

Sept 22, 2008.......Travel to USA, POE Honolulu, Late night arrival to Las Vegas

Sept 23, 2008.......MARRIED

Sept 25, 2008.......Left Las Vegas driving home

Sept 26, 2008.......Arrived in El Paso, Texas

AOS

December 8, 2008 Package sent

December 26, 2008 NOA

8114.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Bayview Park Hotel just in front of US EMBASSY!!! she will just have few step going there and no need to wake up very early. Its affordable.

http://www.bayviewparkhotel.com/

Edited by Rodge & Ninfa

ea924d6b6b.png

FILING FOR LIFTING OF CONDITION

Timeline
Sweeties lives fairly close to USEM but she will have to get up VERY early in the morning and catch a jeepney from here to there them MRT/LRT, jeepney. To save her the hassle, where is a good hotel close by USEM where she can stay for the evening before her interview?

Keep in mind, she will likely be alone so safety is an issue as well as convenience.

Thank you

TexPamp

I stayed at the Best Western La Corona Hotel. It is just two blocks away from the USEM, just a walking distance. The hotel is good in terms of safety, cleanliness, comfort and it has reasonable price.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Bayview Park Hotel just in front of US EMBASSY!!! she will just have few step going there and no need to wake up very early. Its affordable.

this is a nice hotel and located just across the embassy :thumbs:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Ruchie stayed at this hotel also..... Very convenient and nice!!!!

Timeline

Thank you

TexPamp

I stayed at the Best Western La Corona Hotel. It is just two blocks away from the USEM, just a walking distance. The hotel is good in terms of safety, cleanliness, comfort and it has reasonable price.

I stayed here several times including the times my fiance was with me when he visited last time.. I liked it a LOT..

vida

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you all for the very good answers. I am at the moment waiting for a response from Sweetie to see what she thinks of the idea. Also if she arrives promptly at 7am and check out time is 12 noon will she have time to get back to the hotel to check out and get her stuff and cell phone?

Again, Thank you

TexPamp

K-1

March 17, 2008.....I-129F Packet sent to Vermont Service Center

March 20, 2008.....I-129F arrived at Vermont Service Center

March 21, 2008.....NOA 1

May 27, 2008........NOA2

June 19, 2008.......Delbros Paid

June 30, 2008.......Medical (Passed)

July 18, 2008........Interview (Passed, Pink and White slip)

Sept 17, 2008.......Recieved Visa

Sept 19, 2008.......CFO at St. Mary's

Sept 22, 2008.......Travel to USA, POE Honolulu, Late night arrival to Las Vegas

Sept 23, 2008.......MARRIED

Sept 25, 2008.......Left Las Vegas driving home

Sept 26, 2008.......Arrived in El Paso, Texas

AOS

December 8, 2008 Package sent

December 26, 2008 NOA

8114.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I stayed at Best Western La Corona Hotel. Easy walk from the embassy, safe and affordable also. I left the hotel at 6 am, stopped to pray at the chruch beside the hotel (on the way to the embassy). I left the embassy at 10.30 am. I immediatley made a phone call to my fiance when I got back to the hotel. I checked out before 12. :)

K1 visa
12.20.07 : NOA1
05.01.08 : NOA2
05.27.08 : MNL case number was received in the US
07.01.08 : interview
07.21.08 : visa on hand!!!
08.25.08 : POE:LAX
09.10.08 : applied for SSN
09.13.08 : just married!!!

11.03.08 : passed behind-the-wheel drive test

AOS
11.12.08 : Sent packet for AOS, EAD and AP
11.17.08 : Packet received at Chicago, IL (day 1)
11.24.08 : Check encashed (day 7)
12.17.08 : Biometrics! (day 30)
01.13.09 : AP and EAD approved (day 57)
01.20.09 : AP arrived in the mail (day 64)
01.22.09 : EAD card received (day 66)
04.20.09 : AOS interview
04.24.09 : Welcome letter received

Timeline
Thank you all for the very good answers. I am at the moment waiting for a response from Sweetie to see what she thinks of the idea. Also if she arrives promptly at 7am and check out time is 12 noon will she have time to get back to the hotel to check out and get her stuff and cell phone?

Again, Thank you

TexPamp

I advise the La Corona hotel attendants to get my bags out in the room if ever I didn't get back after check out time (course after securing my things done packing before I left). You can get the things after in the lobby counter when you get back.

Good luck!

vida

Edited by djazy66

I stayed at Mabuhay Manor in Pasay then hired their service car. Kinda' expensive but it saves me from the hassles.

Mabuhay Manor- 2,800 for 2 person (could be cheaper when single person only) Check out time is 2 pm.

Service Car for 250 pesos. I reccommend this for those people who are coming from the province. Breakfast is free but starts at 6 am.

I stayed at Mabuhay Manor in Pasay then hired their service car. Kinda' expensive but it saves me from the hassles. Safe and sure than riding taxi.

Mabuhay Manor- 2,800 for 2 person (could be cheaper when single person only) Check out time is 2 pm.

Service Car for 250 pesos. I reccommend this for those people who are coming from the province. Breakfast is free but starts at 6 am.

Or..you can get cheaper hotel that has ISO certification like Victoria court in Cuneta Pasay, overnight stay there as far as I can remember is 1,200.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi

Yah..LA CORONA HOTEL is the best ..you can pm me so that i can help you to make a reservation ..My friend was working there as Project Manager..

Jhen

1919m3v26vlf5u.gif

--------------------

01-25-2008 =I-129f sent to CSC

01-28-2008 = CSC recieved petition

02-05-2006 =Noa1

06-02-2008 =touched

06-03-2008 =touched

06-10-2008 = NOA2

06-17-2008 = NVC harcdcopy

07-03-2008 = medical (passed)

07-09-2008- Paid DV

07-16-2008 - DV Forward to NSO

08-05-2008= Interview

08-20-2008 = visa printed

08-21-2008 = VISA ON HAND ( my birthday too)

09-02-2008- flight to USA

10-18- 2008= wedding

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Again, Thank you

TexPamp

HI there, no place to recommend actually.. just wishing you and your sweetie the best of luck,..:D she will make it.,. God Bless.. im also from her province.. but i do hava place here in makati where i just had a cab on my way t othe USEM..:D

😁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.