3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello Everyone,

First I like to thank everyone. You guys are amazing. With your help, my wife got her P4 today. Her interview is on June 1st. We filed for her from New Delhi on March 9th, 2006. New Delhi sent the Packet 3 to the Mumbai Embassy in about a week, but Mumbai Embassy took a month for it to be mailed to my wife. So we got P3 around April 4th, 2006. My wife gave in her DS230-P1 form on April 10th. Got the interview Date for June 1st....woooo hoooo.

Process was fairly simple. In New Delhi, there were no hassles. Actually, I got screwed because I tried filling the week before, but Bush was in town so they closed the damn embassy. Waste of a trip. So I ended up going to Delhi the following week.

- Get there early, because line will be loooong. Take lots of pictures and be prepared, they will take some from your album. The lady at the counter asked few general questions, nothing crazy and just told just to go pay at the cashier.

Anyways....

So guys, I am filling out the I864 form, which is soo damn confusing, and I need your help with few things..

- Under Sponsor's Employment, I have two jobs. One is a full time and other is a part time, which I work 2-3 days a week. My full time job alone is way more than the poverty line. Should I list the other job? If so, How do I list the other job, because my tax returns has my total income listed from both jobs. Also, I will list my income from my primary job under Sponsor's Employment and then list the total income under Sponsor' s Annual Household income, which are two different figures.

- Do I need to list anything for Sponsor's Assets and Liabilities, if my income surpasses the poverty guidlines. I know it says, I don't need to, but should I still list anything...I mean my house/mutual funds/mortgage/saving deposits/etc...

Thanks again you guys. I am sooo damn excited!!!!. Now I just got get this packet sent to my wife ASAP!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Great news!

Keep it simple with the I-864 (assets = extra complication) and remember that you can add pages of explanation. That might be a good place to document your other job?

Take it step by step, and don't forget the FAQs that are in the DCF Guide now.. they should help it all become clear. :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Timeline

AK,

You only need to provide the amount of information that you want to provide and the decisions will be made based on that information. You don't have to provide all of your financial information if you don't want to, you do need to provide enough to qualify as a sponsor in the opinion of the consular officer who is going to evaluate your affidavit.

The W2 forms that are a part of your tax return break down your reported income from employment. And, as meauxna points out, the I-864 invites you to attach any additional explanation of your financial situation that you would like to provide.

Yodrak

-

Hello Everyone,

- Under Sponsor's Employment, I have two jobs. One is a full time and other is a part time, which I work 2-3 days a week. My full time job alone is way more than the poverty line. Should I list the other job? If so, How do I list the other job, because my tax returns has my total income listed from both jobs. Also, I will list my income from my primary job under Sponsor's Employment and then list the total income under Sponsor' s Annual Household income, which are two different figures.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.