ndave

Montreal appointment help

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The DoS has said that our appointment is July 3 and that the letter was mailed on June 13. As of today the appoinment letter has NOT arrived and our emails to the Embassy have gone unanswered. Anyone have any suggestions on what we should do? Showing up for the appoinment without a letter does not seem to be an option from what I have read.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
The DoS has said that our appointment is July 3 and that the letter was mailed on June 13. As of today the appoinment letter has NOT arrived and our emails to the Embassy have gone unanswered. Anyone have any suggestions on what we should do? Showing up for the appoinment without a letter does not seem to be an option from what I have read.

Keep e-mailing them until you get a response. How many times have you e-mailed them, if I was in your shoes I'd e-mail them twice a day or more. If you have some documentation for your interview (such as e-mails) then that will do. Failing that, a few people have been able to get their interview without even e-mails but rarely will anyone end up in tha predicament. Try to tell the DoS your problem and you might get them to send you an e-mail or contact the consulate. It's worth a try.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Keep emailing Montreal.

I just had my interview on Friday and I never got my appointment letter.

I took my package 3 cover letter and an email that I got from Montreal stating when my interview date was and that when I arrive in Montreal, if I still didn't have my appointment letter that the Guards would call up to the day of my interview (they never did, just took the email)

Make sure when you email Montreal you put your case number in the subject and also in the body of the letter.

Hope you hear back from them!!!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Do as Laura and IR5 has said. I don't think anyone has ever been turned away from their interview because they didn't bring the appointment letter...but bring something at least that show you should be there!

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

So far our multiple emails have gone unanswered so all we have is the verbal confirmation from DoS. The folks at DoS, by the way, have been pleasant but firm in saying that they can't do anything.

The Embassy was closed today for the holiday so we couldn't even try to call - that's on the list for tomorrow.

I'm not sure what will happen if she shows up with just the Package 3 cover letter but that might be all we have so we might find out.

Say a prayer for us and maybe the letter will come this week yet.

Timeline
So far our multiple emails have gone unanswered so all we have is the verbal confirmation from DoS. The folks at DoS, by the way, have been pleasant but firm in saying that they can't do anything.

The Embassy was closed today for the holiday so we couldn't even try to call - that's on the list for tomorrow.

I'm not sure what will happen if she shows up with just the Package 3 cover letter but that might be all we have so we might find out.

Lache pas la patate! :thumbs: There's still time for your letter and you have at least some documentation. Montreal always answered the e-mails I sent to them in 48 hours or less, so let's go over the e-mail just to make sure the format of your e-mail is correct. I'm sure it is, but to recap (for IR5s but it is probably the same for everyone) e-mail address is Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov, subject is case number (i.e. MTL200XXXXXXX). The top two lines of your e-mail (I bolded mine) should be the name of the beneficiary and the date of birth and the next two lines should be name of the petitioner and the petitioner's date of birth. For example here the format I used,

Joseph Aloysius Blow (beneficiary)

April 1, 1980

Mary Innocent (petitioner)

December 25, 1981

The Department of State has said that our appointment is July 3 and that the letter was mailed on June 13. As of today the appoinment letter has NOT arrived and our emails to the Consulate have gone unanswered. Could you kindly confirm that our appointment for an interiview is scheduled for July 3, 2008 at the Consulate General located in Montreal.

Thank you,

Ace Ventura

Agent

IR5

Lache pas la patate! :thumbs: There's still time for your letter and you have at least some documentation. Montreal always answered the e-mails I sent to them in 48 hours or less, so let's go over the e-mail just to make sure the format of your e-mail is correct. I'm sure it is, but to recap (for IR5s but it is probably the same for everyone) e-mail address is Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov, subject is case number (i.e. MTL200XXXXXXX). The top two lines of your e-mail (I bolded mine) should be the name of the beneficiary and the date of birth and the next two lines should be name of the petitioner and the petitioner's date of birth. For example here the format I used,

April 1, 1980

December 25, 1981

The Department of State has said that our appointment is July 3 and that the letter was mailed on June 13. As of today the appoinment letter has NOT arrived and our emails to the Consulate have gone unanswered. Could you kindly confirm that our appointment for an interiview is scheduled for July 3, 2008 at the Consulate General located in Montreal.

Thank you,

Ace Ventura

Agent

Joe Blow and Mary Innocent...what a great couple...

Ace Ventura...isn't he a pet detective? :lol:

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Timeline

April 1, 1980

December 25, 1981

Thank you,

Ace Ventura

Agent

Maybe he'll find the letter, you never know. :lol:

IR5

Filed: Timeline

April 1, 1980

December 25, 1981

Thank you,

Ace Ventura

Agent

Hey --- those are our parents you stinkers :angry:;)

Timeline

April 1, 1980

December 25, 1981

Thank you,

Ace Ventura

Agent

Hey --- those are our parents you stinkers :angry:;)

OOPS. :crying::lol:

IR5

:rolleyes:

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Timeline
Thanks, Laura and Nick. That's exactly the email address and format we used. We are going to email every day and hope someone responds. We are going to try calling tomorrow. We'll let you know how far we get.

Maybe you should try the format and e-mail address I used instead. :P Keep trying until you get answer.

IR5

Timeline

Ir5formumsie,

I apologize! It was YOUR format and info that I used. I guess I just had Laura and Nick on the brain. Thank you so much for taking the time to outline the info for me - I really appreciate it because I was thinking that perhaps I was using the wrong address (the only response I gotten have been the automated ones) or providing the wrong info.

Another email went out last night.

Ir5formumsie,

I apologize! It was YOUR format and info that I used. I guess I just had Laura and Nick on the brain. Thank you so much for taking the time to outline the info for me - I really appreciate it because I was thinking that perhaps I was using the wrong address (the only response I gotten have been the automated ones) or providing the wrong info.

Another email went out last night.

Man, I got shafted! :crying:

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.