PJHiii

Philippines Hotel

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm coming to the Philippines in July for a vacation plus some work. I'll need to get my own hotel and pay my own expenses for about 8-10 days; my work will put me up in the Ascott for the remaining 10 days. I'm looking for the best blend of safe and inexpensive. Jenny and I have really been researching this, but there are so many conflicting reviews on the internet that we can't decide. I've grown to trust my fello VJer's opinions, so I'm asking for your help.

We're up for anything., except Jenny really doesn't want the plan to include a boat ride. Especially since a ferry capsized last week and people died. Before that I was seriously considering a resort area since the prices are nice and low during the 'off season'

I'll be arriving in Manila, Jenny lives in Las Pinas, so Manila is our point of origin. We could fly to somewhere (Cebu, Davao), but then that adds to the trip cost. Somewhere with a kitchen might make things less expensive since we could cook some of our own meals. I'm trying to consider all the expenses- hotel, travel, and meals.

Remembering that I'm spoiled from the Ascott but on a budget since I'm paying my own way, what would you suggest? Some of my preferences: aircon, wifi, safe, clean, and working lifts.

thanks VJ family,

Paul

02/16/08 - Met online at FilipinaHeart

02/24/08 - I asked Jenny if I could be her boyfriend, and she said yes!

04/15/08 - I arrive in Manila, call Jenny, pass out. Jenny waits hours and goes home, I wake up hours later and realize my terrible mistake. Jenny forgives me and comes back, and we meet for real finally.

04/18/08 - I propose marriage

04/19/08 - It's a full moon over Manila

04/20/08 - Dinner with Jenny's mom, grandma, and grandpa

04/23/08 - Celebrated Jenny's mom's birthday, joined by Jenny's brother Ivan. I asked permission from her mom to marry me... and she said yes.. (in tears..)

04/25/08 - Our first adventure to Cebu together

04/27/08 - Back in Manila

04/28/08 - I went back to the US...sad day... =(

05/05/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC via UPS

05/07/08 - I-129F delivered to VSC, signed by Stanley

05/15/08 - NOA1

05/19/08 - check cashed!

05/21/08 - NOA1 hard copy received

06/26/08 - Touched

08/04/08- Arrived Manila for work, Jenny had groceries and other goodies ready at the Accott

08/14/08- NOA2

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I think, if you want a kitchenette and yet with a fair good price, you may want to look at Traveller's Inn located in Makati City. They have rate for weekly that cost not more than P15,000 (or around $340).

Timeline
Though it's not that attractive like five star hotels, but i can say that its spacious with that inexpensive rate and you will be comfy also. That has refrigerator also inside the room.

Try baywatch tower in Manila: http://baywatchtower.com/

Here are some reviews: http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-16452110-b...ARzbGsDdGl0bGU-

And to add to the review, we stayed there last year, it has a very nice view of manila bay, there was also a pool that you can use and a mini gym... the utensils are clean and in good condition. it is really cozy. and one good thing is that the exchange rate they used is just the prevailing exchange rate unlike other hotels.

Good luck and have a safe trip soon.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

My wife and I stayed at the boulevard mansion on roxas blvd. They have kitchens and pretty decent rooms for the price. We paid 1600 per night in 2006, so i dont know how much they are now. If you stay there, try to stay above the 10th floor though (which i would recommend for any hotel you pay less than 4000 pesos per night at) because usually 5th floor and under are where the roaches are. I never saw a roach in blvd mansion, but i was always above the 10th floor, but my wife was there in 2007 on (i believe the 5th floor) and she said she saw roaches. For some reason roaches dont like heights, so the higher up the better in manilla. Of course if you are staying in a 10,000 peso per night hotel, you can be sure that you wont see roaches there...but 4,000 and under...watch out.

29960_396648778323_615343323_4014936_8258670_n.jpg

Q3b5m7.png

Aug 3, 2006 Sent I-129f in to CSC

Aug 15, 2006 Sent in updated I-129f

Aug 23, 2006 NOA1

Aug 25, 2006 They cashed my check

Aug 30, 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Dec 2, 2006 NOA2 recieved in mail

Dec 12, 2006 I receive that letter from NVC

Mar 22, 2007 St. Lukes appointment

Mar 29, 2007 7:30am Interview

Mar 29, 2007 12pm APPROVED!!! PRAISE GOD!!!

April 10, 2007 Fiancee Arrived!!! WOO HOO!!!

June 26, 2007 Wedding

July 2, 2007 Medical for AOS

July 6, 2007 Sent in AOS (cutting it really close to the 90 days!)

July 8, 2007 USCIS receives i-485

July 16, 2007 NOA1

July 18, 2007 NOA biometrics

Aug 11, 2007 Biometrics appointment.

Oct 11, 2007 Interview

Oct 11, 2007 Green card Approved!!! You cant kick me out now Baby!

Oct 18, 2007 Welcome letter saying Green card is on its way

Oct 22, 2007 2 year Green card arrived!!

TIMELINE-I-751-Oct 11, 2009 GC Expiration

July 8, 2009- Sent 1-751 in to CSC

July 15, 2009- CSC sent back my papers saying its too early for 90 days expiration

July 16, 2009- Resend my papers 85 days before GC expired

July 18, 2009- Arrived at CSC-10:53 am

July 22, 2009- Cashed Check

July 27, 2009- NOA 1 recieved

July 31, 2009- Biometric Notice Recieved

Aug 18, 2009- Biometric Schedule

Sep 03, 2009- Card Production ordered

Sep 09, 2009-Approval letter recieved in the mail

Sep 12, 2009- 10 Year GC recieved

Timeline

Hi,me and my fiance stayed in Boulevard Mansion last year,all their rooms has kitchen and has affordable room rates.plus their staff are nice and respectful :thumbs:

I'm coming to the Philippines in July for a vacation plus some work. I'll need to get my own hotel and pay my own expenses for about 8-10 days; my work will put me up in the Ascott for the remaining 10 days. I'm looking for the best blend of safe and inexpensive. Jenny and I have really been researching this, but there are so many conflicting reviews on the internet that we can't decide. I've grown to trust my fello VJer's opinions, so I'm asking for your help.

We're up for anything., except Jenny really doesn't want the plan to include a boat ride. Especially since a ferry capsized last week and people died. Before that I was seriously considering a resort area since the prices are nice and low during the 'off season'

I'll be arriving in Manila, Jenny lives in Las Pinas, so Manila is our point of origin. We could fly to somewhere (Cebu, Davao), but then that adds to the trip cost. Somewhere with a kitchen might make things less expensive since we could cook some of our own meals. I'm trying to consider all the expenses- hotel, travel, and meals.

Remembering that I'm spoiled from the Ascott but on a budget since I'm paying my own way, what would you suggest? Some of my preferences: aircon, wifi, safe, clean, and working lifts.

thanks VJ family,

Paul

Take a bus ride from Manila north to Bauang. I stay at Bali Hai. About $21 [for weekly rates] a night single story rooms right on the beach. Pool also. Great restaurant and cheap.,

Nothing fancy but AC, wireless and cable. I stayed there for almost 2 months.

Problem is a long bus ride to get there. Was P400.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks VJ family,

Paul

Paul check your VJ email, I sent you a contact for condo rental in Makati. I have stayed in this building many times so I get a very good rate. FYI stay away from the condotels. The hotels that rent like a condo most are a dump. Conact the person in the email I sent you will love the place and the area. Greenbelt Makati is a very good area and safe. Give her my name from your email and she will give you a good rate.

Timeline

We stayed at the Orchid Garden hotel in Manila. I would highly reccomend it. Clean and very reasonable, cold AC also.

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2007-12-04

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-12-06

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-11

NVC Left : 2008-03-26

Consulate Received : 2008-04-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-04-11

Interview Date : 2008-06-18 Submit Review

Visa Received : 2008-06-28

US Entry : 2008-07-16

Marriage : 2008-08-21

Timeline

We've stayed a couple of times at the recently renovated Jupiter Suites right in the middle of Makarti on Jupiter Street, rooms are spacious, clean and cheap.

http://www.jupiterarms.com/index.html

Standard Suites Php 2,400++

Deluxe Suites Php 2,900++

Familly Suites Php 3,700++

* All rates are subject to 10% service charge and prevailing goverment TAX.

* Including of set Breakfast (based on the number of of registered guests.)

Snail Line...

I-129F Sent : 07-27-2007

Returned wrong fee and sent again

I-129F NOA1 : 09-06-2007

Touched: 12-26-2007 Well it was only to update my address

Touched: 03-27-2008 Big surprise, damn, means expectations going high again, don't let me down!

I-129F NOA2 : 03-31-2008 Well it was a nice touch!!!

Interview Date (K1 Visa): 06-10-2008 in Manila

Visa Received : 2008-07-11

US Entry : 2008-07-18

Marriage : 2008-08-30

11.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.