shakysgirl

Question about Biometric time frame

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Well, after living stress free for the past 18 months, here I am back at VJ looking for advice as we get ready to remove the conditions on my husband's two year green card. I have no concerns regarding documentation- I've been saving everything for the past 2 years, we have children, and are in a loving and committed relationship. My question involves the biometrics. 90 days prior to his green card expiring puts us at June 30th. We are going on vacation for nearly 3 weeks in mid-July to take the children to visit his family in England. It looks like a lot of people are getting their biometric appts within a month, which could potentially put the appt during the time when we are gone. Should I mail out the packet a few days before we leave on our trip (even though it'll make it "late") to try to ensure that the biometric appt won't be until after we return in early August? We're sending the packet to the VSC. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

See my timeline for all previous dates!

Naturalization:

6/28/09: Mail N-400 to Texas

7/6/09: NOA1

7/24/09: Biometrics

10/08/09: Interview

11/21/09: Receive oath date

01/22/10: Oath Date

With thanks to all the helpful people who made this journey slightly more bearable.

Well you can file anytime after the 90 day window begins, so given the slow processing times at VSC, I don't think that waiting after you come back will be a problem. I know that if I was away from my mailbox at that time I would be going mad worrying about whether there was a letter there or not... but that's just me :lol:

AOS: ND - June 5 2006 | RFE - June 15 2006 | FP Notice - June 30 (Rescheduled to Sept 16) | AP ND - August 14 2006| Walk-in FP - Sept 5 (FP cleared next day!) | Interview - Sept 8 2006 (Approved!) | Welcome Letter - Sept 13 | EAD received - Sept 19 (kinda moot since I'm waiting for GC) | GC received - Sept 23 2006 - Woohoo!!

I-751: 06/10/08 Mailed package to VSC direct (per memo instructions) not TSC. The wait begins... | 06/11/08 Package received at VSC (12.12pm) | 06/19/08 Check cashed | 06/20/08 Received NOA1 in the mail - ND is 06/17/08 | 07/10/08 Received Biometrics Appt Letter - ND is 7/7/08 | 07/22/08 Biometrics (had to do ink & paper also...) | 07/22/08 Touched | 07/23/08 Touched | 02/11/09 Transferred to CSC (got email)... | 02/12/09 Touched | 02/20/09 Touched (but no email) | 03/24/09 Approval letter arrives in the mail! Approval date is 3/18/09 from VSC | 04/03/09 Received card, postmarked 3/31 from CSC

N-400: 06/11/09 Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox | 06/12/09 Package received at Lockbox and signed for at 1.31pm | 06/18/09 Check Cashed | 06/19/09 NOA, PD 06/12/09 | 07/06/09 Biometrics letter received, ND is 07/02/09 | 07/24/09 Biometrics appointment | 08/06/09 IL received, ND 08/03/09 | Interview 09/14/09 at 9.30am (approved!) | Oath 10/21/09 | USC

Filed: Timeline

You can note in your petition the time period you will be out of the country and request that they not request the biometric appointment until after that time. They typically will consider that type of request in a cover letter. Also, if you miss the biometric appointment it is not always the end of the world - you have 30 days to explain to them why you missed the appointment and to schedule another one.

Good luck.

------

I am not a lawyer. I am familiar with the immigration process, but any questions I answer are not advice or represented as being true for your situation in any form or manner. I am not liable if you read what I have written and act upon it. Do your own research, ask an attorney for assistance, and make up your own mind. Nevertheless, I may attempt to answer questions from time to time to give you an idea of what to search for in finding out your answer.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I just went through lots of posted information- geez I forgot how much time and energy it takes to do this stuff!! :crying: I'm definitely out of the loop. Anyway, I saw that it said you can apply any time during the 90 day window (I had thought it was a strict deadline). I'll wait til we get back and then mail it out. Once again I have to say thank goodness for VJ!!! And thank you for your reply.

ps. If it was mailed out while we were away, I WOULD have worried about it the whole time!

See my timeline for all previous dates!

Naturalization:

6/28/09: Mail N-400 to Texas

7/6/09: NOA1

7/24/09: Biometrics

10/08/09: Interview

11/21/09: Receive oath date

01/22/10: Oath Date

With thanks to all the helpful people who made this journey slightly more bearable.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.