Balogun4ever

prolonged AP

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I would love to talk to anyone that has been in AP over a year. We do not understand what is happening. It has to be a deliberate attempt to try to break us up...that wont happen...I would move there to be with him... But the jobs here are better so he and I prefer here. Are they stupid? Lets see how long we can do this? I will soon file the writ of mandemus on them. try denying him....i will fight till i die. how do we convince them that this will get bad for them...not us?

Jayne

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You are not alone in your dilemna. Read some peoples' immigration journeys and you will shed tears for them. My fiance's K-1 visa was denied in Lagos in 2007. DHS wrote to inform me that I would hear from them later. That was 6 months ago. I have written to them. No response. I even went to USCIS District Office in Houston. I was told to contact the California Service Center. I have even involved my 2 U.S. Senators and my Congresswoman. Still no response. Since you are in AP, at least you know where you stand. I have a feeling they are doing what they are doing to discourage U.S. citizens from marrying from abroad.

Did you watch CBS "Early Show" today, June 9th? In one of the segments, some members of ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) went to Baghdad, Iraq to rescue abandoned dogs. While dogs (considered properties, by law) are allowed to immigrate to the U.S., our spouses are kept out of the country by U.S. Embassy and Consulate staffs. Who would have thought that dogs have preferences over humans when it comes to U.S. immigration issues?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.