Scott'n'Natalie

And still no news..

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello guys,

I've been trying to keep on top of some threads to get advice and am a little confused now. Hope someone can help. :(

As you can see by our timeline, we've sent the I-130, got NOA1, then sent I-129F and have been waiting since. This is what we were encouraged to do back when in hopes that one of the application would be approved. I've been checking the Processing Dates on the USCIS Website and see they aren't changing much and I don't want to say I'm discouraged as it's only been since January but is there anything else I can do to either have an update or help things move forward?

Thanks!

A dream worth having is a dream worth fighting for!

IR/CR1 Process

01/02/2008 - Started the I-130 process

time passes...

03/23/2009 - Interview DONE!

03/26/2009 - VISA IN HAND!

Just wanted to say, I'm so so sorry (F)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Hate to tell you but they have 180 days from the time they receive your I-129F to get your NOA2 to you. Let's all hope that it doesn't take that long! Good luck!

jen

effective May 13, 2011 - back in Canada, journey is over

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It appears that Vermont has really picked up the pace lately, but I know it's hard to wait...we had to wait 6 months almost to the day for our I-129 to be processed in California :(

You may want to consider the CR-1 option and abandoning the K-3...it seems that it's taking about the same time for each, and you'll have less hassle when your spouse enters the US.

I really wish I had just went CR-1.

Good luck, and don't get too discouraged...

Timeline

7/11/2007 - I-130 NO1A Hard Copy

8/13/2007 - Son Drayson born in Sudbury, Ontario.

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

10/15/2007 - Trip to Toronto for Dray's Consular Birth Abroad, SS application, and US passport

3/18/2008 - NOA2 for both I-129 and I-130!! No touches or email notifications at all!

4/2/2008 - estimated that NVC received

4/9/2008 - estimated that K-3 was sent from NVC to USEMontreal

4/16/2008 - Received hardcopy from NVC

4/16/2008 - Packet 3 Received

4/24/2008 - Packet 3 Sent to USEMontreal

7/14/2008 Interview in Montreal!!!!

7/17/2008 Visa received

7/18/2008 POE Sault Ste Marie Michigan

8/21/2008 moving day...back to Anchorage, Alaska!

4/20/2009 AOS granted, 10 year Green Card arrives, Social Security # given :)

Timeline

I feel your pain, I have only been waiting since April and it feels like forever :(

at this point all you can do is wait :( like they said tho Vermont seems to be picking things up so hopefully we will both get approvals soon :)

Date of I-751 = 03/05/2011

NOA Date = 3/08/2011

Biometrics = 04/11/2011

Approved = 09/08/2011

Timeline

Thanks for the encouragements. I knew it would be a waiting game but I didn't figure it would take this long..and yes, I know it's only been 5 months. I have been thinking about the whole CR1 vs K3 and am leaning towards the CR1 more than anything, if not to 'save' a little money and opening the option of working sooner.

I suppose it's time to continue downsizing to have less things to move. The whole unknown is frustrating though and I'm sure we go all through it..to sell the house or not, to start packing or not, to plan trips a few months ahead or not.. heh

Thanks again..and hope you all are hanging in there too!

A dream worth having is a dream worth fighting for!

IR/CR1 Process

01/02/2008 - Started the I-130 process

time passes...

03/23/2009 - Interview DONE!

03/26/2009 - VISA IN HAND!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.