Perfect Couple

CFO Requirement: Original valid passport

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi guys, i just had my medical interview last May 27&28, 2008. St.Lukes had my passport and told me they will forward it to US embassy. My Visa interview would be this coming June 18, and im planning to attend CFO seminar on June 19. One requiement for registration for CFO seminar is ORIGINAL VALID PASSPORT.. will the US Embassy give the passport back to us after interview??? Edited by jack&anais

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3, 2008 - Married

Oct. 31, 2008 - AOS packet sent to USCIS Chicago, IL via USPS

Nov. 3, 2008 - Packet delivered, 6:56 am, Chicago, IL 60680

Nov.12, 2008 - Check cashed

Nov.14, 2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, I-131 received

Nov.24, 2008 - I-485 transferred from Chicago Service Center to California Service Center

Dec. 5, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment -- done

Dec. 8, 2008 - I-765 Touched

Dec. 9, 2008 - I-485 Touched

Jan. 12, 2009 - EAD card and Advance Parole Received

Jan. 13, 2009 - Applied for Driver's Instruction Permit

Jan. 15, 2009 - Driving written test passed

Jan. 26, 2009 - I-485 Touched

Jan. 31, 2009 - Actual Drive test passed "got my Driver's License"

Feb.25, 2009 - Took NCLEX-RN -- PASSED--- Anais,RN

March 9, 2009 - Green Card received

March 31, 2009 - Got a JOB!!! PCU nurse in the making...

hZPK-109.gif

Timeline
hi guys, i just had my medical interview last May 27&28, 2008. St.Lukes had my passport and told me they will forward it to US embassy. My Visa interview would be this coming June 18, and im planning to attend CFO seminar on June 19. One requiement for registration for CFO seminar is ORIGINAL VALID PASSPORT.. will the US Embassy give the passport back to us after interview???

I attended PRISM counseling and CFO for registration, I got the yellow counseling certification, green for registration certificate. I did not brought my passport that time cuz st. luke has it.

The only documents they ask from me were : photo copy of NBI, and photo copy of my POSTAL ID, pictures of my family with me and my fiance, parental consent notarized. Thats all. But I still have to go to CFO for sticker in my passport.

2010.png

Timeline
hi guys, i just had my medical interview last May 27&28, 2008. St.Lukes had my passport and told me they will forward it to US embassy. My Visa interview would be this coming June 18, and im planning to attend CFO seminar on June 19. One requiement for registration for CFO seminar is ORIGINAL VALID PASSPORT.. will the US Embassy give the passport back to us after interview???

I attended PRISM counseling and CFO for registration, I got the yellow counseling certification, green for registration certificate. I did not brought my passport that time cuz st. luke has it.

The only documents they ask from me were : photo copy of NBI, and photo copy of my POSTAL ID, pictures of my family with me and my fiance, parental consent notarized. Thats all. But I still have to go to CFO for sticker in my passport.

i just want to clear sis, so.. its okay to attend the counseling without passport? i will just tell them that my passport is still at USEM. am i right?

Edited by jack&anais

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3, 2008 - Married

Nov.24, 2008 - I-485 transferred from Chicago Service Center to California Service Center

hZPK-109.gif

Timeline

i just want to clear sis, so.. its okay to attend the counseling without passport? i will just tell them that my passport is still at USEM. am i right?

I was lucky maybe, they also asked me a photo copy of my BC but I told her I did not bring them she said it was fine.

Yes I did not have my passport when I got my green certificate, CFO did not bother to ask my passport either. But its always a case to case basis, like what they said "you don't know when is your birthday".

2010.png

Timeline

well i guess the best way is to call them and ask if its ok.. hehehe.. right? :yes:

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3, 2008 - Married

hZPK-109.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

upon the seminar i just present a photocopy of my passport, but will be back there again to have a CFO Stamp once I get my Visa.

After interview youl have to wait for few days and DELBROS will deliver you your passport with Visa! Goodluck and Congratulations!!!

dancing-2.gifDSCN0582-1.jpgdancing-2.gif

thweregettingmarried.gifthweregettingmarried.gifthweregettingmarried.gif

butterflies.gifbutterflies.gif

-a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e-

Timeline

THANK YOU.... :thumbs::thumbs:

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3, 2008 - Married

hZPK-109.gif

After interview, USEM will keep your passport until they release your visa. (US visa is being stamped at the passport).

not stamped.. visa looks like a sticker attached on a page of ur passport.. :blush:

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
After interview, USEM will keep your passport until they release your visa. (US visa is being stamped at the passport).

not stamped.. visa looks like a sticker attached on a page of ur passport.. :blush:

Oppss sorry, i was wrong grammar. :wacko: But yeah, i know what a visa looks like. :devil:

A simple explanation that your passport is with the US Embassy will suffice. If you have a photocopy of your passport, bring that as well. Just make sure you have valid identification documents when you attend the seminar and the other required papers. After you get your visa, go back for the CFO stamp.

Goodluck!!

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

As stated in serveral replies above, it is perfectly fine to attend the CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar WITHOUT the passport (just inform them that your passport has been taken by SLMEC in preparation for the visa interview). I have always recommended making a photo copy of your passport for your own records.

In closing, please read Section 6.2 of the Manila Embassy K1 Visa Guide covering the CFO.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oppss sorry, i was wrong grammar. :wacko: But yeah, i know what a visa looks like. :devil:

But i hope you never thought i meant for "postage stamp", lol! :lol:

Plus, we termed "STAMPING" for the CFO "sticker".

But no kidding aside, i checked the meaning of stamped to see if it's really grammatically wrong and one of the meaning says:

STAMP/ED -affixed to a document (as to attest to its authenticity or to seal it);

Timeline
THANK YOU FOR THE HELP GUYS... :thumbs: kisses. God bless us all. :innocent:

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3, 2008 - Married

hZPK-109.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.