Amby

quote from boris johnson voted funniest

1 post in this topic

Filed: Timeline

A soundbite from Boris Johnson has been voted the funniest British political quote of the last 50 years.

Asked by schoolchildren whether he would like to be Prime Minister, Johnson replied: "I have as much chance of becoming Prime Minister as being decapitated by a Frisbee or of finding Elvis."

The nationwide poll of 2,587 people was commissioned by UKTV History to mark the launch of Andrew Marr's History of Modern Britain.

The top 10 in full:

1) Boris Johnson: "I have as much chance of becoming Prime Minister as being decapitated by a Frisbee or of finding Elvis."

2) John Prescott: "The Green Belt is a Labour initiative and we intend to build on it."

3) Harriet Harman: "Tony Banks described the English fans arrested in Marseilles as brain-dead louts - that goes for me as well."

4) Robin Cook: "They found more dangerous chemicals in Coca-Cola's Dasani mineral water than they did in the whole of Iraq."

5) Harold Macmillan: "It has been said that there is no fool like an old fool, except a young fool. But the young fool has first to grow up to be an old fool to realise what a damn fool he was when he was a young fool."

6) Boris Johnson: "Yes, cannabis is dangerous, but no more than other perfectly legal drugs. It's time for a rethink, and the Tory party - the funkiest, most jiving party on Earth - is where it's happening."

7) Margaret Thatcher: "I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end."

8) Michael Howard: "You are the deals-on-wheels Prime Minister - no wonder the Chancellor is not a happy eater!"

9) David Blunkett: "David is supposed to be a sad, lonely, old, blind #######. David's not meant to have fun or go to nice restaurants or - heaven forbid - have sex."

10) Edward Heath: "Do you know what Margaret Thatcher did in her first Budget? Introduced VAT on yachts! It somewhat ruined my retirement."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2857062.html?menu=

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.