mrssmith

Question on packet 3.

4 posts in this topic

We recieved the packet 3 today, much quicker than we were expecting.

We won't be returning the checklist for sometime as we are not planning on moving until April Next year and want to wait until we have completed my daughters adoption and my hubby has got his ILR visa here on the UK which won't be until September before we can send it off.

Do i have to send off the DS -230 now? or do i send the checklist and DS-230 off together?

We recieved the packet 3 today, much quicker than we were expecting.

We won't be returning the checklist for sometime as we are not planning on moving until April Next year and want to wait until we have completed my daughters adoption and my hubby has got his ILR visa here on the UK which won't be until September before we can send it off.

Do i have to send off the DS -230 now? or do i send the checklist and DS-230 off together?

You don't have to send them together or send the DS-230 right away. You can do it as you want, but no interview will be assigned until you've returned both. When was your I-130 approved? It's only good for one year from the approval date.

As a side note, you say one of the reasons you want to wait is for your hubby to get his ILR visa, but once you've been living in the US for two years, the ILR visa isn't any good for him to return to the UK and he'd have to get another visa called returning resident if you decided to resettle in the UK. If you can move to the US before your husband's current status ends, that would save you guys quite a lot of money. Does the adoption have to be completed in the UK? Of course there could be other reasons, so I hope I'm not just sticking my nose in! :)

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Thanks MargotDarko, for clarifying.

Our approval date is May 9th, so realise we must have an interview before this date.

We are gaining Hubby's ILR as he is eligible to apply for citizenship in April 2009. This is another reason we are waiting until then to move as we thought it best to get citizenship for him before leaving, makes coming back if we ever need too so much easier.

Other reasons for not wanting to leave for 12 months include wanting to save as much as possible and pay off all outstanding debts.

We were intially thinking of going before September and not having to get hubbys next visa, but have now worked out that we are better off taking our time and doing it properly.

It seems so far off and such a long wait but at the same time there seems so much to do, organise and plan.

Thanks MargotDarko, for clarifying.

Our approval date is May 9th, so realise we must have an interview before this date.

We are gaining Hubby's ILR as he is eligible to apply for citizenship in April 2009. This is another reason we are waiting until then to move as we thought it best to get citizenship for him before leaving, makes coming back if we ever need too so much easier.

Other reasons for not wanting to leave for 12 months include wanting to save as much as possible and pay off all outstanding debts.

We were intially thinking of going before September and not having to get hubbys next visa, but have now worked out that we are better off taking our time and doing it properly.

It seems so far off and such a long wait but at the same time there seems so much to do, organise and plan.

Ah, I see! Getting citizenship would definitely be handy. :)

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.