LOSTGURL--SOPHIA

how to change address for green card

4 posts in this topic

how to change address for green card.. i found today my inlaws moved to a different address..already consulted attoney doesnt know how.. my case is already completed and the interview is nearing fast any help is highly appreciated tnx :star:

I think you can change the address when you are processed at the POE.

Hope somebody who has experienced this will chime in.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hope this will help:

USCIS Online Change of Address

Introduction

Customers who have an application and/or petition which has been filed with USCIS but has not yet been decided (also known as a 'pending' case) should notify USCIS of any change of address as soon as possible after moving.

The law requires nearly all non-U.S. Citizens1 to report a change of address within 10 days of moving by completing a Form AR-11. Abiding by these legal requirements and completing the necessary forms does not update an address on any applications or petitions pending with USCIS. Non-citizens with pending cases must do both.

Most customers can now notify USCIS to change their address on a pending case online here on our website. Non-citizens can also now complete the Form AR-11 online here on our website. (refer at the link below)

If you choose to change your address online using our Online Change of Address Notification tool, you will need to have some information available. Please have the following information available before you begin:

Your receipt notice or other notice we sent you showing your receipt number (if you have a pending case with USCIS).

Your new address

Your old address

If you have filed a petition for a family member, please have the names and biographical information for that person.

When you last entered the United States (if you cannot remember this information please fill in an approximate date)

Where you last entered the United States (through what port of entry you entered - whether by land, sea or air)

How do I submit my change of address if I don't have my receipt number?

An AR-11 Change of Address does not require a receipt number. You can submit your change of address for a Pending Case if you have not yet received a receipt number for your application.

If you have paid for your application by:

Check: You can update your address using USCIS' Change of Address Online. This requires your receipt number. Look at the back of the cancelled check that was returned to you through your bank. On the back is the 13-digit USCIS receipt number which looks like this (but will have different letters and numbers) ABC 01 23456789 Use your 13-digit number when you are asked to input your receipt number in your change of address.

Money order: You can report your change of address by calling USCIS Customer Service toll-free at 1-800-375-5283, and a USCIS Customer Service agent will enter your new address for you.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa

• 2 weeks later...
Hope this will help:

USCIS Online Change of Address

Introduction

Customers who have an application and/or petition which has been filed with USCIS but has not yet been decided (also known as a 'pending' case) should notify USCIS of any change of address as soon as possible after moving.

The law requires nearly all non-U.S. Citizens1 to report a change of address within 10 days of moving by completing a Form AR-11. Abiding by these legal requirements and completing the necessary forms does not update an address on any applications or petitions pending with USCIS. Non-citizens with pending cases must do both.

Most customers can now notify USCIS to change their address on a pending case online here on our website. Non-citizens can also now complete the Form AR-11 online here on our website. (refer at the link below)

If you choose to change your address online using our Online Change of Address Notification tool, you will need to have some information available. Please have the following information available before you begin:

Your receipt notice or other notice we sent you showing your receipt number (if you have a pending case with USCIS).

Your new address

Your old address

If you have filed a petition for a family member, please have the names and biographical information for that person.

When you last entered the United States (if you cannot remember this information please fill in an approximate date)

Where you last entered the United States (through what port of entry you entered - whether by land, sea or air)

How do I submit my change of address if I don't have my receipt number?

An AR-11 Change of Address does not require a receipt number. You can submit your change of address for a Pending Case if you have not yet received a receipt number for your application.

If you have paid for your application by:

Check: You can update your address using USCIS' Change of Address Online. This requires your receipt number. Look at the back of the cancelled check that was returned to you through your bank. On the back is the 13-digit USCIS receipt number which looks like this (but will have different letters and numbers) ABC 01 23456789 Use your 13-digit number when you are asked to input your receipt number in your change of address.

Money order: You can report your change of address by calling USCIS Customer Service toll-free at 1-800-375-5283, and a USCIS Customer Service agent will enter your new address for you.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa

just call the National Visa center 603-334-0700 and give them ur new address...they will help u out...no need for ar11 since ur ready for interview. it happened to me coz my hubby moved to a new apt so i need to inform the NVC about it immediately and i also remind the person whom i had my first interview in the USE to verify the change of my address and other concern. No worries girl :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.