Jartu63

CFO Seminar Question

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a question about the CFO Seminars. Maymay took her seminar after the interview...but she did not have her VISA. we figured that it was best to get it out of the way before we headed down to her home in Tangub City. We went to the PRISM office on Taft Avenue and she couldn't get her stamp because she didn't have her passport (at embassy) she was also requested for other information which we gatherred together after the seminar. Our intention was to finish the seminar once she got her VISA and once we returned to Manila for the flight out.

With that being said...we were on AR for documentation and that lasted for 2 months. I had to return home and now she will receive her VISA in about a week. My question will it be ok for her to continue her previous seminar and show the information that was asked (she has a receipt for the seminar) or will she have to take a new seminar?

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2007-09-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-10-01

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-01-07

NVC Received : 2008-01-14

Payment Made to Delbros 2008-02-04

Forwarded to USEM 2008-02-11

Request made to NSO 2008-02-27

Medical Exam: 2008-03-04

Interview Date : 2008-03-11 PASSED!

Second Request to NSO 2008-03-11

Found out why we are on AR 2008-04-15

Doc request forwarded to NSO on 2008-04-21

Visa APPROVED AND PRINTED on 2008-05-09

RELEASED FOR DELIVERY on 2008-05-12(13)

Out for delivery on 2008-05-16

Visa in Hand 2008-06-03-2008

Arrived 2008-06-17

Married 2008-09-01

Submitted AOS and EAD 2008-09-17

Biometrics appointment 2008-10-16

I have a question about the CFO Seminars. Maymay took her seminar after the interview...but she did not have her VISA. we figured that it was best to get it out of the way before we headed down to her home in Tangub City. We went to the PRISM office on Taft Avenue and she couldn't get her stamp because she didn't have her passport (at embassy) she was also requested for other information which we gatherred together after the seminar. Our intention was to finish the seminar once she got her VISA and once we returned to Manila for the flight out.

With that being said...we were on AR for documentation and that lasted for 2 months. I had to return home and now she will receive her VISA in about a week. My question will it be ok for her to continue her previous seminar and show the information that was asked (she has a receipt for the seminar) or will she have to take a new seminar?

as long as she's done w/ her seminar all she needs to do, is go back to the CFO office and show her visa and the cfo certificate and the receipt (pertaining to her seminar) and she's good to go! all they do is stamp her passport and no need for another seminar! CONGRATS!!! and wish u all the best!!! God bless!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

as long as she's done w/ her seminar all she needs to do, is go back to the CFO office and show her visa and the cfo certificate and the receipt (pertaining to her seminar) and she's good to go! all they do is stamp her passport and no need for another seminar! CONGRATS!!! and wish u all the best!!! God bless!!!

yap :thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

sorry i didnt read the post clearly lol... does she have the yellow-green certificate (with her blurry picture on the paper) from the PRISM itself??? coz if she does, then it means she's done w/ her seminar... plus the CFO receipt too... otherwise im not sure whats the deal if PRISM dint give her the certificate unless if you present the required docs. (i do believe though that if she's done w/ it then no need to do it or just give the required docs to the prism and they probably just give her the certificate if she doesnt have it yet)

Edited by RonMay

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

The stamp is given at the CFO office and not PRISM. Moreover, the beneficiary must have the visa in order to received the stamp. Since Maymay has completed the Guidance Counceling Seminar already, she will need to go to the CFO office and take the following:

1. Original valid passport;

2. Original and photocopy of visa;

3. One (1) 2x2 or passport-size photograph;

4. Ask for the registration form upon arrival

(they say that the forms are downloadable at www.cfo.gov.ph, but I completed the two applicable forms for my

wife and they were both either outdated or the incorrect forms);

5. Payment of P400.00 registration fee; and

6. Original and photocopy of the Guidance and Counceling Certificate

Cheers...

Sheriff Uling

p.s. - If I've missed anything, someone please fill in the blanks...

Edited by Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline

Maymay never got the certificate from PRISM...because of documents and such....She was given a list of things to return to Prism with in order to get the certificate. After she gets teh Certificate she then needs to go to the CFO office for the stamp on her passport. I was just wondering...after the length of time since her seminar (March 12) will she be made to sit thru the seminar again? It will be about 9 to 10 weeks since her seminar, but she has a reciept saying that she paid for it and a list of required docs she needed to show for the approval and Certificate

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Arrived 2008-06-17

Married 2008-09-01

Maymay never got the certificate from PRISM...because of documents and such....She was given a list of things to return to Prism with in order to get the certificate. After she gets teh Certificate she then needs to go to the CFO office for the stamp on her passport. I was just wondering...after the length of time since her seminar (March 12) will she be made to sit thru the seminar again? It will be about 9 to 10 weeks since her seminar, but she has a reciept saying that she paid for it and a list of required docs she needed to show for the approval and Certificate

best thing to do is tell the PRISM that she's done w/ the seminar already and all they asked from before was just additional docs to get her certificate... i guess they would just give her the certificate... but best prepared for a seminar "again" nonetheless if they really pursue the issue... give it a whole day process to be safe... good luck and God bless!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
The stamp is given at the CFO office and not PRISM. Moreover, the beneficiary must have the visa in order to received the stamp. Since Maymay has completed the Guidance Counceling Seminar already, she will need to go to the CFO office and take the following:

(they say that the forms are downloadable at www.cfo.gov.ph, but I completed the two applicable forms for my

Cheers...

Sheriff Uling

I had seminar last July 2007 and my interview was last April 25th. In PRISM, they gave me certificate in yellow paper with my name and photo printed there and then I went to CFO and they gave me a certificate in green paper with my name and photo printed there too...,but, I don't have passport and Visa. So, I think when I'll get my Visa, I need to go back to CFO and bring the original and photocopies of certificates and get a stamp there for my passport..., Is that right?

Thanks. God bless.

EstrellaKinney

Cheers...

Sheriff Uling

I had seminar last July 2007 and my interview was last April 25th. In PRISM, they gave me certificate in yellow paper with my name and photo printed there and then I went to CFO and they gave me a certificate in green paper with my name and photo printed there too...,but, I don't have passport and Visa. So, I think when I'll get my Visa, I need to go back to CFO and bring the original and photocopies of certificates and get a stamp there for my passport..., Is that right?

Thanks. God bless.

Oo... Tama ka...

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

As per experience, I wasn't able to get my certificate right after the seminar for a reason. They just told me to come if I have that certain requirement ready. I came back a month after and gave what was asked for. I just talked to the counselor and the certificate was given to me. Need not to take the seminar again.

Timeline
As per experience, I wasn't able to get my certificate right after the seminar for a reason. They just told me to come if I have that certain requirement ready. I came back a month after and gave what was asked for. I just talked to the counselor and the certificate was given to me. Need not to take the seminar again.

Thank you, that's the news I want to hear :)

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Arrived 2008-06-17

Married 2008-09-01

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Cheers...

Sheriff Uling

Thanks. God bless.

Oo... Tama ka...

Thank you so much. God bless.

EstrellaKinney

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.