Jet_Lag

Medical info walkabout or just in my head

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Point of clarification

Got my K3 interview on the 19th May <yippee>

I had the medical done at Knightsbridge on the 7th April..on leaving all i recieved was a receipt for the medical and x-ray stapled to a tabular form DS-3025 entitled vaccination documentation worksheet (completed and signed by the doc) no sealed envelope.

But the appt letter accompanying note says "If you have already had your medical examination , you must bring the results which the embassy physician will have sent or given "you" in a sealed envelope which you must not open ...Yikes!!

Does this mean the medico chaps have lost the medical results !! , sent them straight to the embassy ?

or the instruction bit is no longer valid ...aack why do they make thing so daft.. i would have chased up sooner but ive only just got back from a visit to the US and found the letter in the mail th day after returning.

Guess I will ring Knightsbridge monday am and find out whats going on.

anyone got any comments or observations handy tips or otherwise amusing ditties :-)

John

Filed: Timeline
Point of clarification

I had the medical done at Knightsbridge on the 7th April..on leaving all i recieved was a receipt for the medical and x-ray stapled to a tabular form DS-3025 entitled vaccination documentation worksheet (completed and signed by the doc) no sealed envelope.

But the appt letter accompanying note says "If you have already had your medical examination , you must bring the results which the embassy physician will have sent or given "you" in a sealed envelope which you must not open ...Yikes!!

Does this mean the medico chaps have lost the medical results !! , sent them straight to the embassy ?

or the instruction bit is no longer valid ...aack why do they make thing so daft.. i would have chased up sooner but ive only just got back from a visit to the US and found the letter in the mail th day after returning.

anyone got any comments or observations handy tips or otherwise amusing ditties :-)

John

john

with K-3 you dont get vaccination documentation. did the DR give you a BROWN sealed envelope???

shon.gif

Timeline

Point of clarification

John

john

with K-3 you dont get vaccination documentation. did the DR give you a BROWN sealed envelope???

Nope definetly no brown envelope and most certianly a vaccination document as referred to in the original post , i m just checking on a procedural change where the Doctors now send the the information directly to the Embassy themselves and do not hand it to the applicant at all... will confirm after enquiry

cheers

John

Timeline

Point of clarification

John

john

Nope definetly no brown envelope and most certianly a vaccination document as referred to in the original post , i m just checking on a procedural change where the Doctors now send the the information directly to the Embassy themselves and do not hand it to the applicant at all... will confirm after enquiry

cheers

John

I can now confirm, so if one of the senior peeps on VJ want to add this to gudes or tips ( sorry if its already there and i misread it) The Knightsbridge doctors for the UK London Embassy Medicals are directed by the Embassy to send the medical results DIRECTLY to them and not the pending visa benificary.

The letter contained in Packet 4 from the Embassy detailing the appointment date is now incorrect in referring to sealed envelopes to take with you. Ive been told a new version will be issued in future packet 4's for UK applicants (presumably when they have used up the old print run)

regards

John (no longer frowning) :-)

PS this is only applicable to the UK London Embassy

So thanks to however moved the thread to the correct place apologies for posting in the wrong area.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.