tallcoolone

NCLEX Question in PI

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
In Philippines, do you have to pass your NLE before you can take NCLEX ?

YES it's necessary,. It's one of the requirements,..

Before it's okey if you don't have a license from the PI,. and i had more than 5 friends who didn't take NLE and they were able to take NCLEX.... but now when you apply for NCLEX and if you're from the PHil, they will ask for your License from the PRC...

were you able to take the NLE?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Associate Degrees in the Philippines cannot work as RNs but as LPNs in the States and there is no visa for it now, only EB3 for nurses. There is not much difference between ADN and BSN when it comes to job description in many hospitals. But a BSN gives you greater financial rewards and career flexibility in the long run. I think, US prefers a foreign grad to be a BSN coz of lower mortality rate in patients that were cared for by BSN,RNs.

This is just my 2 cents :whistle:

Peace to the ADNs (F)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

tallcoolone having the local license IS NOT a requirement in order for u to sit in for NCLEX.

but wen u work in the U.S. passing the NLE wud be somehow "like" a requirement cus theyl ask u for sure if passed or took the NLE..

passing the NLE, though its totally different from NCLEX, gives employers idea of..if u didnt pass ur local board, how can then u can pass the NCLEX especially that ur a foreign grad.

so if ur question asks if its a requirement for NLCEX - answer is NO (the request of photocopied license can be substituted by a diploma)

but if ul ask do you need to take local board and passed before working in the U.S. as a foreign nurse - YES, as some employers get that qualification from a foreign grad.

better check www.allnurses.com (NCLEX FORUM) - its like the "visa journey" for nurses

and the BON where ul apply for nclex.

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Filed: Timeline
Hi there!

Nevada Board of Nursing doesn't require local license (Phil. NLE) for her to sit for the NCLEX. She just need to enclosed a letter stating that she doesn't have plans to practice nursing in the Philippines.

I wish her luck on the exam! :)

I already have my license(Phil NLE) when i applied for CES-CGFNS they asked for it..

but it's good to know that NLE is not necessary in Nevada BON... good news for those who wants to work in NEvada..

cheers!!

Filed: Timeline
tallcoolone having the local license IS NOT a requirement in order for u to sit in for NCLEX.

but wen u work in the U.S. passing the NLE wud be somehow "like" a requirement cus theyl ask u for sure if passed or took the NLE..

passing the NLE, though its totally different from NCLEX, gives employers idea of..if u didnt pass ur local board, how can then u can pass the NCLEX especially that ur a foreign grad.

so if ur question asks if its a requirement for NLCEX - answer is NO (the request of photocopied license can be substituted by a diploma)

but if ul ask do you need to take local board and passed before working in the U.S. as a foreign nurse - YES, as some employers get that qualification from a foreign grad.

better check www.allnurses.com (NCLEX FORUM) - its like the "visa journey" for nurses

I met two guys during my review in KAPLAN, they told me that they didn't get their eligibility yet, cuz they didn't include their license(photocopy) with their application because the result of the NLE wasn't released by the time they applied for NCLEX,. when they follow up the status of their application, they were told that they needed photocopy of their license so after they submitted it, weeks later they got their eligibility,. so that made me think that License is necessary,..

even if it's not really a requirement... ya know to be safe....

Timeline
In USA you only need a 2 years Associates Degree from a US School (College / Community College) to sit for NCLEX to be a RN.

I wonder why the USA wants a graduate nurse from another country to have a Bachelors Degree in Nursing before they can sit for NCLEX?

I graduated here in the US with a BSN degree..Yes you can have only associate degree to be an RN and take the NCLEX but the education in nursing is very different from the US compare to the other country..Believe me, it is do damn hard!!I would say, my nose bleed before I finally graduated!

AOS Process:

Mar. 11, 2008- ARRIVED US

Mar. 12, 2008- got married

00-00-0000-Temple wedding-Mormon church

Mar.13, 2008-completed vaccinations-I693A supplement from CS

Mar. 18, 2008- sent the AOS package(I-485 and EAD)..applied for SSN..

Mar.19, 2008-Delivered. signed for by V Bustamante-took and passed written driving test

Mar.25, 2008-Check cashed-Received SSN

Mar.27,2008-Received NOA's in mail-Case available online

Mar.28, 2008-Received Biometrics appointment in mail-04/08/08

Apr.08,2008-Biometrics DONE

Apr.08-09,2008-TOUCHED

Apr.14,2008-Transfer Notice date to California(I-485)

Apr.17,2008-Received Notice in the mail about the transfer

Apr.20 and 22,2008-I-485 TOUCHED..No touch on EAD

Apr.24, 2008-Received AR driver license

May 07, 08, 09, 12, 13, 2008- I-485 TOUCHED..

May 16, 2008- I-765 Card production ordered -1st email

May 19, 2008- I-485 TOUCHED

May 21, 2008-I-765 Card production ordered-2nd email

May 22, 2008- I-765 TOUCHED

May 23, 2008-I765 Approval notice sent-3rd email

May 24, 2008- EAD in hand

May 28, 2008-AOS Card production ordered..yehey!!!got another email saying "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

May 29, 2008-AOS TOUCHED

June 03, 2008- Green Card in hand

Timeline

i guess CES-CGFNS won't ask for photocopy of your license if you fill-in in there application that you haven't taken any licensure exam yet.. it would be great :thumbs: if you took the NLE and passed, but NO-NO :no: if you took it and fail. to be safe, if some state in the US don't require NLE, then why take risk. :dance:

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3, 2008 - Married

Oct. 31, 2008 - AOS packet sent to USCIS Chicago, IL via USPS

Nov. 3, 2008 - Packet delivered, 6:56 am, Chicago, IL 60680

Nov.12, 2008 - Check cashed

Nov.14, 2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, I-131 received

Nov.24, 2008 - I-485 transferred from Chicago Service Center to California Service Center

Dec. 5, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment -- done

Dec. 8, 2008 - I-765 Touched

Dec. 9, 2008 - I-485 Touched

Jan. 12, 2009 - EAD card and Advance Parole Received

Jan. 13, 2009 - Applied for Driver's Instruction Permit

Jan. 15, 2009 - Driving written test passed

Jan. 26, 2009 - I-485 Touched

Jan. 31, 2009 - Actual Drive test passed "got my Driver's License"

Feb.25, 2009 - Took NCLEX-RN -- PASSED--- Anais,RN

March 9, 2009 - Green Card received

March 31, 2009 - Got a JOB!!! PCU nurse in the making...

hZPK-109.gif

Hi there!

Nevada Board of Nursing doesn't require local license (Phil. NLE) for her to sit for the NCLEX. She just need to enclosed a letter stating that she doesn't have plans to practice nursing in the Philippines.

I wish her luck on the exam! :)

I already have my license(Phil NLE) when i applied for CES-CGFNS they asked for it..

but it's good to know that NLE is not necessary in Nevada BON... good news for those who wants to work in NEvada..

cheers!!

I think only 4 states out of 50 states in USA require Local Licesnse before you can sit for NCLEX

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Sorry, But every comment you posted is incorrect and is opposite of what every one else stated.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline

Sorry, But every comment you posted is incorrect and is opposite of what every one else stated.

its ok if u find it wrong but im not saying this according to my knowledge but according to the whole application packet sent to me when i applied for NCLEX (CALIFORNIA) ..well maybe its only for california..

but yes, il stick to it tallcoolone...may i suggest to you to research for yourself, NCLEX infos are NOT complicating. sorry to say but just being honest, filipinos are making it like one.

i read one post here which is true....NLE is required FOR CGFNS.

no PI license = no cgfns&IELTS = no visa for nurses (u cant apply for that nurse visa without IELTS passing score even uv passed cg)

when ur ALREADY in the U.S. - TAKE THE NCLEX and get SSN! (no more, no less! applies to california and some other states, so better check ur state)

dont just stick to peoples advices, go research for yourself. u may find my suggestion opposite to them like what u said...but for ur own good..research for yourself..

know your state 1st,then check their requirement.. your state's requirement maybe different from the requirement of the states, where the people who gave u advices applied for nlcex.

trust ONLY the bon of your state

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
In Philippines, do you have to pass your NLE before you can take NCLEX ?

YES it's necessary,. It's one of the requirements,..

Before it's okey if you don't have a license from the PI,. and i had more than 5 friends who didn't take NLE and they were able to take NCLEX.... but now when you apply for NCLEX and if you're from the PHil, they will ask for your License from the PRC...

were you able to take the NLE?

I think the process varies by state. It is still okey even if you dont have a license from PI in California for example.

Here's an excerpt from California nursing board (http://rn.ca.gov)

Submit a copy of your license or diploma that allows you to practice professional nursing in the country where you were educated. If you do not hold a license, a written explanation is required.

ALSo, NLE might be required by CGFNS but CGFNS is not required by the California board. Which makes the NLE a moot point

Edited by NoelandTintin

Timeline

Actually tallcoone, shes is right. The reason for a lot of confusion is that most nurses that come to the US, come to the US on "work" visa. If you come to the US as a nurse on work visa, an NLE is required, but that requirement is not coming from the board of nurses. It is usually coming from US Immigration or the employer.

If a nurse comes to the US as a wife or soon to be wife of a US citizen, then that nurse is not coming under "work" visa isnt she. That nurse is not subject to that NLE required by Immigration. That nurse would just need to comply with her state's board of nursing and most state do not require NLE.

Timeline

Im a Nurse Graduate lastyear but didnt able to take the NLE exam, but planning to take the NCLEX when i get in the United States in CA.

Can somebdody give me the infos on how to apply and or register to be able to take the said EXAM?? I dont have any idea of it as for now, but I eagered a lot to do my Profession once there is an oppurtunity for me..

As far as I know in CA. you wont have to be an RN in the Philippines as long as you passed their NCLEX...

Hope someone can help me though.

Cheers!!..

Actually tallcoone, shes is right. The reason for a lot of confusion is that most nurses that come to the US, come to the US on "work" visa. If you come to the US as a nurse on work visa, an NLE is required, but that requirement is not coming from the board of nurses. It is usually coming from US Immigration or the employer.

If a nurse comes to the US as a wife or soon to be wife of a US citizen, then that nurse is not coming under "work" visa isnt she. That nurse is not subject to that NLE required by Immigration. That nurse would just need to comply with her state's board of nursing and most state do not require NLE.

dancing-2.gifDSCN0582-1.jpgdancing-2.gif

thweregettingmarried.gifthweregettingmarried.gifthweregettingmarried.gif

butterflies.gifbutterflies.gif

-a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e-

Timeline
Im a Nurse Graduate lastyear but didnt able to take the NLE exam, but planning to take the NCLEX when i get in the United States in CA.

Can somebdody give me the infos on how to apply and or register to be able to take the said EXAM?? I dont have any idea of it as for now, but I eagered a lot to do my Profession once there is an oppurtunity for me..

As far as I know in CA. you wont have to be an RN in the Philippines as long as you passed their NCLEX...

Hope someone can help me though.

Cheers!!..

My wife just graduated a few months ago too and will be leaving the PI hopefully in June. As a result, she's not licensed and wont be in the Philippines. Pretty much in the same situation as you.

Luckily, NLE is not required.

Go to http://rn.ca.gov. This site has all the info you need.

If you have any questions regarding anything about nursing, a better forum is allnurses.com. There's a lot more resources there for this subject than here at VJ.

Timeline

thank you taking the time to read my suggestion for tallcoolone Noel/Tintin. yeah, im speaking basically for california nclex applicants..though it has similarities to some other states in the u.s.

------------------------

K-1

Jan - sent application

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.