Marissa&Stephen

Packet 4 - What is It?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys. Currently in the middle of the second part of our K1 process at the London Embassy. I've been reading through the various posts and timelines trying to get an idea for when he's going to get his interview date from sending off the checklist and such, as he has to book a flight to London for it. Some of the timelines I come across have mention of receiving a "Packet 4," and some make no mention of it at all. Can somebody explain to me what exactly this is, and what is in it? As far as I'm aware, we've only received three packets and no mention has been made of another in the paperwork for Packet 3.

I am also curious as to how long it's taking the London Embassy to select interview dates from the time they receive the completed checklist. We are still holding onto ours as we wait for the police background check to show up from Belfast, but it seems as if the interview will be a month or more from now we may as well send it in. So those of you that have gone through the London Embassy, can you please give me a better guesstimation of when the interview might be?

Thanks in advance! :)

10 Oct 05 - Fill out K1 Visa & send to Texas SC

26 Oct - My ring is bought and we are officially engaged!

28 Oct - NOA1 received

10 Jan 06 - I fly to UK to meet Stephen's family and visit for 3 months

11 Jan - USCIS requests "additional information" from us

25 Feb - RFE packet mailed out to California SC

06 Mar - California SC receives packet

22 Mar - NOA2 - Approved!

20 Apr - Stephen receives his packet from the Embassy!

22 Apr - Stephen mails packet 3 back to Embassy!

09 May - Medical appointment booked for 1 June. Checklist mailed same day.

19 May - Embassy replies with Packet 4 - INTERVIEW 2nd of JUNE! :D

01 Jun - Stephen flies to London for medical that day and interview next day

02 Jun - Approved at Embassy! Once medical results are in, Visa will be on its way!

11 Jun - Stephen receives Visa!

22 Jun - Stephen flies to US!

ticker.png

3dflagsdotcomusa2faws1tt.gif 3dflagsdotcomuk2faws3zl.gif

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The most critical thing in packet 4 will be notification of the interview date. There's a few other things too, but the interview details are the main thing.

The initial mystery that attends any journey is: how did the traveller reach his starting point in the first place?

---Louise Bogan, Journey Around my Room

And the medical details!!

London seems to be taking up to 8 weeks to give out an interview date, but there are no guarantees. They might suddenly assign more staff to processing the backlog, but then again they might take longer. Once assigned, it seems that the interview itself is maybe 4 weeks from assignment date.

In your case, it seems like your fiance has to be prepared to fly back to the UK at short notice. The only consequence that I can see from this tactic is that the plane ticket may be expensive.

Best of luck,

G

I-129F Filing

G (USA)

L (Scotland)

2005-02-05 Sent to TSC

2005-03-02 NOA2 rcvd

2005-04-27 Medical - 3:40 pm in Edinburgh

2005-05-19 Interview - approved!!

2005-06-12 G & L fly to Florida

2005-08-20 Wedding day!!

2005-09-15 Sent AOS docs

2005-09-23 NOA1 rcvd for 485, 765, and 131

2005-11-28 AP rcvd

2006-01-03 EAD rcvd

2006-03-08 AOS interview - Success - pending FBI name check!!

2006-04-05 Rcvd the 'Welcome To America' email. Name check is done!!

2006-04-17 Green Card Received!!

2008-02-05 Sent I-751 to remove conditions

2008-02-11 I-751 received in Texas

2008-02-25 Check finally cashed!!

2008-03-19 Biometrics completed in West Palm Beach

2008-12-23 Rcvd notification of GC production

2008-12-30 Rcvd notification of confirmation letter going in the mail.

"Just as our DNA is unique, so too is our visa processing experience."

G 3/31/05

Have a look at my timeline I was originally given a date of 22 may then it changed to 10 may. The original date was 12 weeks from the date they received my packet 3. All that was in packet 4 was the interview letter, visa payment slips and instructions on how to find the Embassy.

Good Luck

Adele

Edited by MrsW2B

> Texas have received out application and cashed the cheque!

We got our NOA1 as at 26 Oct 2005!

Sent to CSC 26 Oct 2005

NOA2 26 Jan 2006

Sent to Embassy 9 Feb 2006

Embassy sent pk3 21 feb 2006

Recd and return pk3 27 feb

Medical 8 March

recd pk4 11 April

Interview 10 May

Visa Approved 10 May

Visa Received 13 May

Fly to Memphis 21 june

Married 1 September

AOS NOA1 23 Jan 2007

Case transferred to Missourri

Case transferred back to CSC feb 01

Card in the mail March 05

Case approved March 005

Welcome to America Letters received March 08

Filed for lifting of conditions - received in Vermont Jan 20 2009

I-797C NOA received Jan 26 2009

Visit My Website

A Joy unshared is like and unlighted candle

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Antone - dang, I haven't seen you on here in ages.....how the heck are you and your beautiful wife?

Yeah, I've been AWOL for a while. We're doing well. How are things with you?

The initial mystery that attends any journey is: how did the traveller reach his starting point in the first place?

---Louise Bogan, Journey Around my Room

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.