forgiven

Employment question

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My girlfriend who currently lives in Davao hasn't worked for almost a year and now has an opportunity to start working for a University. We will be submitting the K-1 packet this June and she says if she starts working now and then when the time comes that she will have to go to Manila for the medical and interview she might not get an approval for her to take off a week or more from work to go to Manila and they might not give her a clearing of properties since she will have to resign only after working with them a short time, so is it best for her to not work now or work and risk not getting clearance of properties from her employer?

Edited by forgiven

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It depends on her, i'll tell you this, waiting for Visa approval will take some time and the waiting is very stressful. A job can spare her from stress and boredome. If she can't get the clearance from her employer she can always resign, as long as she did not sign a contract agreement that she will work for them for a certain period of time, she can resign anytime.

Timeline

If I were her, I will get the job since it will take a while before you get your approval and visa. As long as she asks permission properly from her superiors when it's time for her to apply leave of absence for her medical and interview, I do not find any problem they won't allow her.

-Riza

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

How does "Clearing of properties" from a job have anything to do with a Visa Approval or Visa Process.

I am not aware of this term "Clearing of properties"

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline
How does "Clearing of properties" from a job have anything to do with a Visa Approval or Visa Process.

I assume he meant the clearance you get once you resigned from work.

-Riza

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Timeline

Yes the clearance she would have to get if she resigns.

-Riza

I believe the clearance here would mean that she is cleared from any financial/property obligation toward the company before her last day of work. This is very common in the Philippines because some companies actually extend loans, advance salaries and the like to their employees.

Yes the clearance she would have to get if she resigns.

-Riza

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

i see me here..

when we sent k1 nov 24, 2007, i wasnt working..

i got bored and started working january 10, 2008..

then i was having a hard time reporting for work preparing for the interview.

and so i resigned.. :whistle:

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.