juana17

marrying in Cuba,need to certify my documents in US definitely??

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi out there :star: calling all persons who understand the lay of the land so to speak... Cuba es diferente, and persons in love with a cubano /cubana, sure know this! :wacko:

please, real experience wanted...I need to know at least where to ask and who , if not here..

I am returning, need to for many important reasons and want to marry there , en habana.

I know to have my passport, birth certificate, copies of divorce, and that they will need to be translated ,( probably there but I'll get it done here too)

I want to know if I need to send my papers to who? for what? and what $$ ??? and how fast can it be done.. or if I am there can I just go to the consultaria/notary, spend the 700.$ plus whatever else to expedite ( i think 75.$) (so I am able to get it done and go visit my in-laws without worry of time running out.) and of course then book the time to do the deed and marry my beloved!

any one on this forum (US citizen only) married in Cuba or know someone I can talk with? I have been going crazy reading whatever I can get on the cuban minrex site / of servicios notarias and I still am not sure. the US gov sites are hard to understand for me. Please please help. I want this to go as well as possible, knowing Cuba, lots can happen!!!! gracias para todos...

J :thumbs:

One love...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
Hi out there :star: calling all persons who understand the lay of the land so to speak... Cuba es diferente, and persons in love with a cubano /cubana, sure know this! :wacko:

please, real experience wanted...I need to know at least where to ask and who , if not here..

I am returning, need to for many important reasons and want to marry there , en habana.

I know to have my passport, birth certificate, copies of divorce, and that they will need to be translated ,( probably there but I'll get it done here too)

I want to know if I need to send my papers to who? for what? and what $$ ??? and how fast can it be done.. or if I am there can I just go to the consultaria/notary, spend the 700.$ plus whatever else to expedite ( i think 75.$) (so I am able to get it done and go visit my in-laws without worry of time running out.) and of course then book the time to do the deed and marry my beloved!

any one on this forum (US citizen only) married in Cuba or know someone I can talk with? I have been going crazy reading whatever I can get on the cuban minrex site / of servicios notarias and I still am not sure. the US gov sites are hard to understand for me. Please please help. I want this to go as well as possible, knowing Cuba, lots can happen!!!! gracias para todos...

hi juana,

i hope you don't mind, i posted your questions on to a message board called www cubaamor dot com

(because even if you signed up today, it still takes a few weeks before they permit you to post)

scroll to the bottom where it says "immigration & Laws" and there is a post there i started about you called "lady needs info for wedding in Cuba" give it a day or two and you'll start seeing info. also you can go surf around that site and find out more about marriage to a cuban partner.

Barb

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hello,

I just came from cuba and I was at the consultaria with my fiancee I'll just tell you briefly I have the paper in frnt of me with fiqures $100 processing documentos que aporta el ciudadano, $525matrimonio y entrega de los certificaciones de matrimonio, $100 en horario laboral, $150 en horario extralaboral, por inmediatez en el servicio de formalizacion del matrimonio. also if you were married you need to bring divorce papers already translated from here into spanish which you will then take or send to cuban interests section in washington DC and you need to have it legalizado, usa passaport, birth cert, when you arrive in cuba they give you a paper which you need to show when you depart otherwise you dont leave well you need to show them that to and your done! Thats marriage in cuba this info is upto date I just ame back and have the info went there to inquire for my self but decided to take the k-1 Visa Route. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi juana,

i hope you don't mind, i posted your questions on to a message board called www cubaamor dot com

(because even if you signed up today, it still takes a few weeks before they permit you to post)

scroll to the bottom where it says "immigration & Laws" and there is a post there i started about you called "lady needs info for wedding in Cuba" give it a day or two and you'll start seeing info. also you can go surf around that site and find out more about marriage to a cuban partner.

Barb

---------------------------

TIMELINE:

I-129F Sent: 6/10/09

I-129F Received by VSC: 6/11/09

I-129F Check Cashed: 6/16/09

I-129F NOA1 Date: 6/12/09

I-129F Touched:

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy Received: 6/18/09

I-129F RFE(s):

RFE Reply:

I-129F NOA2:09/15/09

NVC Received:

NVC Left:

Consulate Received:

Packet 3 Received:

Packet 3 Sent:

Packet 4 Received:

Interview Date:

Visa Received:

US Entry:

Marriage:

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

hi Barb, this is so old i have been married for over a year now and had my anniversary in Cuba as well!

I did all the right things, went to washington personally, and then en Cuba it was not difficult , just expensive.. altogether the costs i US for all the paperwork were like 800. which included paying to have one document certified by both countries which was a 300.$ waste not necessary rip off at CIS. then the 725. basic including a expedite , another unnecessary fee I would suggest no one do... any way I wish i had sent all those beautiful certified papers directly in to the USCIS for our immigration , by waiting, and getting confused that I might be able to send copies I lost so much time, AND when we were robbed of all our papers in December 08 we really lost months trying to get papers again... so now I am waiting for our interview date and for my beloved to be able to come home...

there is so much not accurate facts about how to do things on the other sites and info thaT pertains better to canadians, and also there are some not so nice folks who give stupid comment like don't do it ,you are opening yourself to a world of iffy and sometimes bad people who ARE CAPABLE OF ANYTHING, just by posting a question, unfortunately I have experienced this , being contacted by gross persons masquerading as in the know and oh so caring.... sorry if this sounds harsh, I have been really burned recently by such a monster. I am not trusting any more and warn people that you may get good answers here and have some compassionate folks who really share the experience with you, but you may also find your life messed with in ways you couldn't imagine... so ... anyway just clearing the space now of that energy, it will be great when the US and Cuba have a normalized relationship so that the info on the official sites is good and always current, and when many more things can be acomplished on line ahhhhh que bueno!!!!!! cuidate. juanita

hi juana,

Barb

One love...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.