june007

Interview in chennai

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi all,

I got the interview date it is on May 13. My husband received the letter in USA. will NVC send interview letter to the benificiary in India . or should i use the one which my hus got in USA. It has not mentioned about the VFS fee ,just says that i should take documents if any, which i have not submitted to NVC. those who have done with the interview and those who are preparing for the interview , friends, please help. there is hardly 20 days more for the interview. I can do the medicals only 2 or 3 days before the interview date . is that OK. I am also worried about the vaccinations. Will i get any medical form from the consulate before the interview date. Will they forward any interview letter to me from the consulate. please please do help friends.

Hi june007,

I have already responded to some of your questions via PM, but I can tell you that you can go to the Chennai Consulate website and download the medical cover sheet from the packet 4 docs. Take that and several pictures to your appointment with Dr. Sanjan John and unless you have any medical problems, you should not worry about doing the medical more than a few days before the interview. We gave ourselves one extra day in between just in case there were any problems finding the doctor or he needed extra tests run. Please go to your local hospital and get your needed vaccinations/proof of your immunizations to save yourself as much time and money as possible while in Chennai.

As far as your interview letter from Chennai, since your process is a little different from ours, I don't know what to tell you. Ask your husband if the interview letter he received is yellow - that is the color of the interview letters to get into the consulate. Even if it is not, you can have him DHL you the letter so that you have a hard copy of something to take with you in case the mail is too slow here in India. RELAX!!

Good luck, you are almost there!

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

Submitted I-130 in Delhi February 6, 2008 NOA1

Sent DS 230, DS 2001 to Chennai via courier Feb. 21, 2008

Received Case number from Chennai Consulate Feb. 22, 2008 (Postmarked Feb. 13)

Received Email Confirmation of Interview Date on March 5th: April 3rd!

SUCCESS - VISA APPROVED ON APRIL 3RD!! :) :)

POE Detroit - May 19, 2008

Applied for SSN: June 5th - Received Card: June 12th

Received Green Gard: June 12th

Driver's License: July 28th

Move to St. Louis/Ritesh starts his job: August 5th

Timeline

Hi carolyn,

Thanks a lot.

june007

Hi june007,

I have already responded to some of your questions via PM, but I can tell you that you can go to the Chennai Consulate website and download the medical cover sheet from the packet 4 docs. Take that and several pictures to your appointment with Dr. Sanjan John and unless you have any medical problems, you should not worry about doing the medical more than a few days before the interview. We gave ourselves one extra day in between just in case there were any problems finding the doctor or he needed extra tests run. Please go to your local hospital and get your needed vaccinations/proof of your immunizations to save yourself as much time and money as possible while in Chennai.

As far as your interview letter from Chennai, since your process is a little different from ours, I don't know what to tell you. Ask your husband if the interview letter he received is yellow - that is the color of the interview letters to get into the consulate. Even if it is not, you can have him DHL you the letter so that you have a hard copy of something to take with you in case the mail is too slow here in India. RELAX!!

Timeline
Hi june007,

hi carolyn, I saw the following items in the website of chennai embassy for Packet 4

- Packet 4 Forms -

• Application-DS 230

• Important Information for IV Applicants

• Photo Instructions & Poverty Guidelines

• Domicile for Immigrant Visa Sponsors

• Med Exam Cov. Let.

• VFS Office Addresses

• Social Security Information

I suppose out of the above items i have to take only the med Exam cov.let. what about social security information sheet. sorry for asking so many questions. infact i am so tensed , the interview date is so near.

june007

Timeline

do you have to have the original letter to get into the embassy? I thought that we could just fax the letter to our spous in India.

06/11/2007 Married

07/23/2007 Sent I-130 (priority date)

08/02/2007 NOA-1

12/21/2007 Approval (checked online)Merry Christmas

12/26/2007 NAO-2 postmarked

NVC

01/07/2008 NVC received case number assigned

01/28/2008 NVC generates and mails DS-3032 and AOS bill

01/29/2008 (DS-3032 request emailed by husband and fee paid using James shortcuts)

02/01/2008 AOS fee bill received by NVC

02/05/2008 I-864 packet generated (called NVC for this information)

02/09/2008 mailed I-864 packet priority mail

02/11/2008 IV Fee bill generated and paid IV bill using experimental shortcut

02/19/2008 recieved IV fee bill

03/24/2008 DS-230 generated (NVC operator informed me)

04/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE/ interview date JUNE 6th

06/06/2008 AP

12/15/2008 case returned for further review

10/01/2009 USCIS REAFFIRMS APPROVAL CASE SENT TO DOS

11/09/2009 CASE BACK IN CHENNAI

12/10/2009 2ND INTERVIEW rescheduled twice, now Feb. 12th 2010

02/19/2010 Passport with IR-1 visa recieved

I don't think the original letter in its original form is required, but I could be wrong about that - email or call the Consulate to be totally certain! :)

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

Submitted I-130 in Delhi February 6, 2008 NOA1

Sent DS 230, DS 2001 to Chennai via courier Feb. 21, 2008

Received Case number from Chennai Consulate Feb. 22, 2008 (Postmarked Feb. 13)

Received Email Confirmation of Interview Date on March 5th: April 3rd!

SUCCESS - VISA APPROVED ON APRIL 3RD!! :) :)

POE Detroit - May 19, 2008

Applied for SSN: June 5th - Received Card: June 12th

Received Green Gard: June 12th

Driver's License: July 28th

Move to St. Louis/Ritesh starts his job: August 5th

Timeline
do you have to have the original letter to get into the embassy? I thought that we could just fax the letter to our spous in India.

apart from my husband , our attorney has also received the interview letters, since our attorney is the agent on behalf of me, I think NVC will send the original interview letter to him ? not sure . if it is so he will mail the letter to me by DHL.

hope everything will be fine.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

why does you husband in U.S need those Interview letter ?? ask him to set it over express mail

USPS Priority Mail ----- Avg 10 day to reach india

DHL and Fed-Ex has faster services ??

why take a chance ... get the interview letter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.