sunny & neetu

when will i get my interview date...

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hello friends,

I had my wife go to the embassy in new delhi and submit packet 3 on April 7. Weird part is that they didn't accept DS 230 and didn't have her sign the applicant statement form. Person at the window updated our file in the computer right there and returned the DS 230 to my wife. Has this happened to anyone else?

I see that some people receive packet 4(interview date) days after submitting packet 3. I was hoping to get interview in May. :crying:

any thoughts :unsure:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

HI Sunny & neetu, Have u confirmed with the Dept of State that you, in fact, haven't received an Interview date yet? I have heard that Delhi is fairly prompt in issuing interview dates. What did they tell your wife at the embassy?

Timeline
HI Sunny & neetu, Have u confirmed with the Dept of State that you, in fact, haven't received an Interview date yet? I have heard that Delhi is fairly prompt in issuing interview dates. What did they tell your wife at the embassy?

HI PGM,

I have called DOS and no interview has been set yet. They told my wife that they will mail out packet 4 in one month. They "mailed out" packet 3 on April 1 and my wife still hasn't received it yet.

I see that rajesh&laura got their interview days after submitting packet 3. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

HI Sunny & neetu, I know this is somewhat inconvienient, but have your wife go back to the embassy & talk to them, re-submit if necessary. Stay on top of them. The same thing happened to us. We waited for one month for an interview date, then my husband went back to the Mumbai embassy to investigate & they advised him that they had "lost" P3. They entered it as "received" right in front of him & we received an interview date the next day. But, we lost 1 whole month over their mistake. So stay on top of them. Have you tried emailing them?

Timeline
HI Sunny & neetu, I know this is somewhat inconvienient, but have your wife go back to the embassy & talk to them, re-submit if necessary. Stay on top of them. The same thing happened to us. We waited for one month for an interview date, then my husband went back to the Mumbai embassy to investigate & they advised him that they had "lost" P3. They entered it as "received" right in front of him & we received an interview date the next day. But, we lost 1 whole month over their mistake. So stay on top of them. Have you tried emailing them?

HI PGM,

I did email them and this is the response that i got back:

"We have received the DS-220 from Ms. Sahota and hope to schedule her in the forthcoming months. Please note the scheduling is done during the first week of every month for the following months. If the documents provided by an immigrant visa applicant are in order, and no ineligibilities surface during the interview, a visa may be issued the same day as the interview. She is required to submit the DS-230 finally on the day of her interview.

We hope this information is useful to you. However, please contact us in case of any clarification.

Sincerely,

Visa Information Unit"

This probably means that since we sumitted the DS form at the end of the first week I will probably get interview in June. :angry:

Delhi still hasn't posted the interview dates for the month of May. So I'm praying to see my case number in that list whenever they post it. :blush:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

HI PGM,

I did email them and this is the response that i got back:

"We have received the DS-220 from Ms. Sahota and hope to schedule her in the forthcoming months. Please note the scheduling is done during the first week of every month for the following months. If the documents provided by an immigrant visa applicant are in order, and no ineligibilities surface during the interview, a visa may be issued the same day as the interview. She is required to submit the DS-230 finally on the day of her interview.

We hope this information is useful to you. However, please contact us in case of any clarification.

Sincerely,

Visa Information Unit"

This probably means that since we sumitted the DS form at the end of the first week I will probably get interview in June. :angry:

Delhi still hasn't posted the interview dates for the month of May. So I'm praying to see my case number in that list whenever they post it. :blush:

why u wating for packet 3

take print out ds230 part 1

fill it and submit with copy of your passport on counter 1 at 4pm

after sumbit this form call them after 7 days

and ask your interview date

if they will tell u interview date

go on counter 1 at 4 pm ant ask them duplicate packet four

and start your medican and lpc and ppc

they will tell u that u will get packet 4 after one month

but dont wait for that

and call 011-24198062 call them between 9-30 am to 11-30 am , genraly they attend phone in this time

thanks

laurarajesh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi,

You will have to wait because your concerned Embasys is the one of the busiest USA Embassies in the world. I hope this helps. Just be patient and you would be getting the interview date soon. IT takes 15 working days. Embassies dont work on weekends and on 2nd friday of the month

Jigi

Feb 1,2007 - I-130 Reached USCIS.

Feb 4,2007 - I-130 accepted > Get USCIS case Number NOA1.

May 8 ,2007- GET NVC Case Number > NOA2.

June 16 ,2007- Get Order from NVC to pay 70$.

July 2 ,2007- Get DS-3032 in India.

July 7,2007 - DS-3032 choice of address agent entered in NVC.

July 14 ,2007- Get I-864.

July 18 ,2007- I-864 Enters NVC.

July 29 ,2007- Get Order to Pay 380$ fee.

Aug 3 ,2007- 380$ Fee Reached St Louis.

Aug 25,2007 - NVC & St Louis People receive photocopy of my payment with USPS receipt.

After WAITING for 37 days.

Sept 10,2007 - 380$ fee encashed.

Sept 24,2007 - Receive DS-230 in Mail.

Sept 25,2007 - DS-230 despatched.

Sept 26,2007- DS-230 Delivered.

Oct 1,2007 - NVC has DS-230.

Oct 12, 2007 - DS-230 Reviewed. Case Complete

Oct 16, 2007 - Case at Embassy.

Oct 25, 2007- Interview Letter Despatched from Embassy.

Nov 3, 2007 - Recieved Interview Letter.

Dec 1, 2007 - Medical Exam .

I GOT IT

Jan 16 - I am in USA

April 15 2008 - Get my Drivers License.

I-751 Lifting Conditions at California Service Center

November 12, 2009 - I-751 Sent via USPS Express Mail

November 13, 2009 - Receipt of I-1751 Fee

November 20, 2009 - Arrested on Domestic Battery(Had argument with wife)

December 18, 2009 - Biometrics Completed at 9 am.

January 13, 2010 - Receive I-797E Notice for more evidence

February 16, 2010 - Mail reaches Californa Service Center( Next day of Preseidents Day)

February 19, 2010 - Card Production Ordered. Status now IR1

Timeline
hi,

You will have to wait because your concerned Embasys is the one of the busiest USA Embassies in the world. I hope this helps. Just be patient and you would be getting the interview date soon. IT takes 15 working days. Embassies dont work on weekends and on 2nd friday of the month

Jigi

thanks jigi. Does anyone know when delhi will post their interview dates for the month of May?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi,

Consulates post the list as soon as they are ready with it , they have to wait at time I guess for the directives from the NVC and department of state.... Have patience.. they have to post it hook or by crook.. because thats their rule .... and according to the rule.. they will post for sure

Jigi

Feb 1,2007 - I-130 Reached USCIS.

Feb 4,2007 - I-130 accepted > Get USCIS case Number NOA1.

May 8 ,2007- GET NVC Case Number > NOA2.

June 16 ,2007- Get Order from NVC to pay 70$.

July 2 ,2007- Get DS-3032 in India.

July 7,2007 - DS-3032 choice of address agent entered in NVC.

July 14 ,2007- Get I-864.

July 18 ,2007- I-864 Enters NVC.

July 29 ,2007- Get Order to Pay 380$ fee.

Aug 3 ,2007- 380$ Fee Reached St Louis.

Aug 25,2007 - NVC & St Louis People receive photocopy of my payment with USPS receipt.

After WAITING for 37 days.

Sept 10,2007 - 380$ fee encashed.

Sept 24,2007 - Receive DS-230 in Mail.

Sept 25,2007 - DS-230 despatched.

Sept 26,2007- DS-230 Delivered.

Oct 1,2007 - NVC has DS-230.

Oct 12, 2007 - DS-230 Reviewed. Case Complete

Oct 16, 2007 - Case at Embassy.

Oct 25, 2007- Interview Letter Despatched from Embassy.

Nov 3, 2007 - Recieved Interview Letter.

Dec 1, 2007 - Medical Exam .

I GOT IT

Jan 16 - I am in USA

April 15 2008 - Get my Drivers License.

I-751 Lifting Conditions at California Service Center

November 12, 2009 - I-751 Sent via USPS Express Mail

November 13, 2009 - Receipt of I-1751 Fee

November 20, 2009 - Arrested on Domestic Battery(Had argument with wife)

December 18, 2009 - Biometrics Completed at 9 am.

January 13, 2010 - Receive I-797E Notice for more evidence

February 16, 2010 - Mail reaches Californa Service Center( Next day of Preseidents Day)

February 19, 2010 - Card Production Ordered. Status now IR1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.