Mike_Zandy

GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS :(

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

For the good news- I'll be receiving my passport today, yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! For the bad news- I have my first day of my period today (Sat April 12) and my medical is on Monday! One week before my interview April 22! Hu hu hu...

Now Mike is sad because he doesn't want this to be delayed. Im sad too :( But I just remembered that delays can be a blessing too so we just need to be patient and wait. I know God has a purpose in many things that are happening, He wanted us to keep the faith and wait...

Also, I know that as a consequence, I wont get approval right away on my interview day (besides their infamous doc verification problem!). Will this cause a long delay? I know the USEMB will just have to wait only few days. Mike is worried this will take a month! I said i don't think so...

I'd appreciate any comment on this. God bless you all!

ZANDYMe and My Honey at the Manila American Cementery

1_678006162l.jpg

x6myw1.jpg

1589m5i.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
For the good news- I'll be receiving my passport today, yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! For the bad news- I have my first day of my period today (Sat April 12) and my medical is on Monday! One week before my interview April 22! Hu hu hu...

Now Mike is sad because he doesn't want this to be delayed. Im sad too :( But I just remembered that delays can be a blessing too so we just need to be patient and wait. I know God has a purpose in many things that are happening, He wanted us to keep the faith and wait...

Also, I know that as a consequence, I wont get approval right away on my interview day (besides their infamous doc verification problem!). Will this cause a long delay? I know the USEMB will just have to wait only few days. Mike is worried this will take a month! I said i don't think so...

zandy, your medical is on tuesday.. its only april 14 by monday, and ur medical is on the 15th.so by tuesday your period is over. and dont worry about doc veri, if it happened to us, it doesnt mean it will happen to u right? think positive

1_280971304l.jpg

1_962753823l.jpg1_759630180l.jpg

1_812926551l.jpg

05-24-08 - POE JFK

06-10-08 - applied SSN (06-16-08 - received SSN card with maiden name)

06-21-08 - wedding day

06-24-08 - applied for SSN change of last name ( 07-02-08 - received SSN card with married name)

08-07-08 - AOS packet sent thru Fedex

08-08-08 - AOS packet received by USCIS

08-14-08 - NOA 1 date for AOS, EAD and AP

08-25-08 - Biometrics schedule received

09-05-08 - BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

09-08-08 - TOUCHED (I-485 and EAD)

09-17-08 - I-485 transferred to California Service Center

09-19-08 - I-485 TOUCHED (received mail same day about the transfer too)

10-03/06/07-08 - I-485 TOUCHED

10-21-08 - I-131 AP APPROVED

10-22-08 - I-765 EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

10-27-08 - RECEIVED AP in mail and I-765 touched again online

10-29-08 - Notice of Approval for I-765 was sent out today

10-30-08 - Notice of Approval for I-765 touched again then RECEIVED THE EAD CARD the same day

maybe you will finished your monthly period on tuesday or wed? and can go ahead have the medical.

yes tuesday or wednesay. only im a little delayed already :(

I think it's ok if you will be delay only 1 day for the medical? maybe try to call St Lukes on Monday, and ask if it's ok to be delayed at least 1 day, and u can still catch up the april 22 interview in US Embassy?

did u know during my med when i know for sure il have my period that day and i cant change my med exam, coz if i would then its gona be less than a week...

what i did was i went to my doctor asked about a certain pills to at least stop my period, well she's an internal doctor so she cant help me with it lol but she directed to me to an ob-gyn same hospital/clinic and talked to her that i needed to have a pills that at least could stop my menstrual period. i explained it to her and how important is the med exam and she's kind enough to suggest a (birth control) pills that i should take till my med exam and it work... the day after im done with the med i stopped taking the pills and right away i got my period lol... ( i took the pills 5 days before my med exam)... i just dont have a choice and i gota do to make it happen (embassy only gave us 3 weeks notice)

i know its late now for you to visit an ob-gyn but i hope you'll can find a way... good luck and God bless!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

the OP has her period already so it's too late to take the drug that can stop her menses :) what i suggest you do, is go ahead with your scheduled medical exam and let them know that you're on your last few days of your menses. Your period will only interfere with the urine test but some doctors/med techs will consider it if you're on your last days especially if the bleeding is not that heavy anymore. maybe slec will have you complete the other tests like the xray, blood test, pe, etc and just return for the urine test.

Good luck and don't worry too much :)

Sent N400: Oct 27, 2011

NOA: Nov 1, 2011

Biometrics: Nov 16, 2011

Yellow letter date: 12/14/2011

Yellow letter received: 12/19/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
the OP has her period already so it's too late to take the drug that can stop her menses :) what i suggest you do, is go ahead with your scheduled medical exam and let them know that you're on your last few days of your menses. Your period will only interfere with the urine test but some doctors/med techs will consider it if you're on your last days especially if the bleeding is not that heavy anymore. maybe slec will have you complete the other tests like the xray, blood test, pe, etc and just return for the urine test.

Good luck and don't worry too much :)

don't worry, your period will usually take 3-5 days at most and today is only saturday. pray that your period will be done by next wednesday then have your medical asap...if at worst you cannot take the medical 1 week before, consider rescheduling your interview date....well...good luck and we will be praying for you... keep the faith in the Lord who knows all things and who knows what's best for all of us...ok?

I'm a guy, so what do I know, right? :lol: I would not scrap the medical. I would go on Tuesday and tell them about your period. As DocJazzie said, since you will be almost done, maybe you can do all the other tests and by Day 2 you might not be bleeding and can do your urine test. Even if its an extra day for the urine, I think you might be okay still for your interview date. My daughter was delayed by a TB skin test for an extra day and she still got to take her interview and got her visa right away, so I would not give up. The worst that could happen is your medical results are delayed. You can still have your interview and the embassy will just hold the decision of your visa till the results of the medical are received.

Scott

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

Even though you have your period, they will still let you have your medical done but you will be missing some of it like the part where you will be asked to undress for the panel physician to check on you and giving urine specimen. The rest, they will just carry on and then will ask you to come back once your period is over for those that you missed. You might be able to come back before the interview and that will give St. Lukes some time to forward your medical results to USEM before your interview. There had been applicants who went there for the PE with their menses and still made it so you will be fine. They will advise you on what to do.

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: Timeline

Thank you to all that has responded..

Gosh, I know my lovely fiancee is quite open for discussion on many topics.. But, I never once thought her period would make international news :D I was quite sad to find out this may delay things.. It sounds as if all will be ok. She'll will need to go back and finish a few days later.

God Bless and good luck to everyone!

1_678006162l.jpg

x6myw1.jpg

1589m5i.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

dont worry maybe on 15th ur period is over...and the physical exam usually done on the second day of medical...im done with my medical last week..now i had my menstration today..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.