melusine

MTL (and others) Waiting for an interview date

792 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey!!

Still waiting for an interview date.. Anyone else?!?!

I call everyday and everytime they say no, my hopes start to go down and down. I knowww that I'll get a date soon but I would love to know so that I can start planning stuff like a move date and wedding date! (My family keeps bugging me cuz they need to book off work so that they can come to the wedding)

Anyways, Part of me wants to wait a little before I call again for the fear of hearing them say no interview date yet but at the same time.. I would hate to have a date given and not know.

Soonnn.. I can feel it.. but how soon is the question? lol

Hello,

I don't really understand how they book the interviews....my eligibility date was May 5 and I have an interview set for June 27. Try to not get discouraged....think of it this way....one morning the DOS will say "yes...your scheduled for July ##.

to

This process is absolutely the toughest thing I've ever had to endure....I've been married 16 yrs....3 beautiful kids...and due to an illness to my father in law all of our lives were turned upside down and now we must start over again.....but it's almost over for many of us waiting....good luck to all and congrats to those who have gone before us!!

I just can't believe that I'll be adopting a new NHL team....well I'll always love the LEAFS....but it looks like the DUCKS are my new team...that sucks eh?

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey!!

I call everyday and everytime they say no, my hopes start to go down and down. I knowww that I'll get a date soon but I would love to know so that I can start planning stuff like a move date and wedding date! (My family keeps bugging me cuz they need to book off work so that they can come to the wedding)

Anyways, Part of me wants to wait a little before I call again for the fear of hearing them say no interview date yet but at the same time.. I would hate to have a date given and not know.

I totally feel your pain. Mind you I haven't been eligible as long as you have but I am so anxious. I hold my self back from calling everyday. I am going to call this afternoon but I just have a bad feeling that I won't have an interview. When I called DOS a couple of weeks ago they told me that they sit down one day a month (can be a different day each month) and book the interviews for the next month. So hopefully they will have those dates soon! What I don't understand is that some people get interview dates before others when they submitted their package 3 after people who don't have a date (if that made any sense!). There are still a lot of people ahead of me who don't have dates so I don't know. I don't even care when the interview is I just want to know the date!!!! AHHHHHH! (I guess this should've gone in the VENT! sorry!)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey!!

Aww Lori (F)

I'm sorry hon!!!

Don't worry, like I told you on MSN, it goes in batches...soon, I can feel it....

Hang in there love!

Thank Laura!! I knowww... soooonnn :-D Trying to keep busy (with cleaning the house) and not focus my attention 24/7 on the whole interview thing! But it is ohh so very hard! lol

Hey!!

Totally understand how you feel. Well, our interview was scheduled on the 7th of last month, so hopefully they'll start schedulilng for July any day now.

Thanks!!! It's always great to have the support from people who know what you are feeling and going through. All I hear from my family is.. we really need to know a date!!! It is as if I know but I'm not telling them for some reason. Oh well!

hooray my visa is at the post office!

rachel? is the canada post website showing anything for you?

so Im leaving canada next weekend

leafgal: you know that with their win detroit is only 2 cups-win away from replacing the leafs in 2nd place for teams who won most cups? 1st place is of course unreachable for any team as it is owned by the greatest dynasty of all sports: Les Canadiens de Montreal with 24 cups!!!

YAY!!! For getting the Visa!!! Congrats to everyone!!! :dance:

Timeline
But that is very exciting that yours has arrived! Do you pick it up from the post office or do you think they'll deliver it to you today?

no no

they left one of them little paper where they tell you you werent there when they came and that you have 15 days to go to the post office.

Im getting it tonite after work

aaaaah, finally Ill be with my sweetie. She's so fine...

Timeline
Hey!!

I totally feel your pain. Mind you I haven't been eligible as long as you have but I am so anxious. I hold my self back from calling everyday. I am going to call this afternoon but I just have a bad feeling that I won't have an interview. When I called DOS a couple of weeks ago they told me that they sit down one day a month (can be a different day each month) and book the interviews for the next month. So hopefully they will have those dates soon! What I don't understand is that some people get interview dates before others when they submitted their package 3 after people who don't have a date (if that made any sense!). There are still a lot of people ahead of me who don't have dates so I don't know. I don't even care when the interview is I just want to know the date!!!! AHHHHHH! (I guess this should've gone in the VENT! sorry!)

Let me know when you call today.. it will save me a call... and hearing them say nope. lol

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Southern Canadian and Anxiously Waiting -

I called on Monday and the lady I spoke to said everything had been received and looked good :wacko: but that we were just in the stack awaiting an interview date. I'm not sure how they do it because, as you guys said, there are some folks who sent their packets in after others, yet already have their interviews. I think you can drive yourself crazy trying to figure it out!

I'm going to limit myself to calling each Monday, and pray that the interview falls during one of my trips to Canada so I don't have to buy another plane ticket and take more time off work than I already do!

Timeline

7/11/2007 - I-130 NO1A Hard Copy

8/13/2007 - Son Drayson born in Sudbury, Ontario.

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

10/15/2007 - Trip to Toronto for Dray's Consular Birth Abroad, SS application, and US passport

3/18/2008 - NOA2 for both I-129 and I-130!! No touches or email notifications at all!

4/2/2008 - estimated that NVC received

4/9/2008 - estimated that K-3 was sent from NVC to USEMontreal

4/16/2008 - Received hardcopy from NVC

4/16/2008 - Packet 3 Received

4/24/2008 - Packet 3 Sent to USEMontreal

7/14/2008 Interview in Montreal!!!!

7/17/2008 Visa received

7/18/2008 POE Sault Ste Marie Michigan

8/21/2008 moving day...back to Anchorage, Alaska!

4/20/2009 AOS granted, 10 year Green Card arrives, Social Security # given :)

Timeline

I called on Monday and the lady I spoke to said everything had been received and looked good :wacko: but that we were just in the stack awaiting an interview date. I'm not sure how they do it because, as you guys said, there are some folks who sent their packets in after others, yet already have their interviews. I think you can drive yourself crazy trying to figure it out!

I'm going to limit myself to calling each Monday, and pray that the interview falls during one of my trips to Canada so I don't have to buy another plane ticket and take more time off work than I already do!

I am driving myself crazy well actually my fiance is driving me crazy, everyday he is like "are you going to call? please call". I am going to limit myself to every Friday afternoon!

Southern_Canadian .. when was the last time you called? I will for sure let you know after I call. I think I am going to call around 3 today! Does anyone know how late they are open till?

Timeline

I am driving myself crazy well actually my fiance is driving me crazy, everyday he is like "are you going to call? please call". I am going to limit myself to every Friday afternoon!

Southern_Canadian .. when was the last time you called? I will for sure let you know after I call. I think I am going to call around 3 today! Does anyone know how late they are open till?

I believe it's 5pm Eastern Time

Timeline

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

10/15/2007 - Trip to Toronto for Dray's Consular Birth Abroad, SS application, and US passport

3/18/2008 - NOA2 for both I-129 and I-130!! No touches or email notifications at all!

7/17/2008 Visa received

Timeline

I believe it's 5pm Eastern Time

Thank you! I am going to call at 4pm then! Ahhhhhhh!

Timeline

I called yesterday.. sometime after lunch.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Guys, I just called... on hold for about 10 minutes and finally a nice lady came on and said "you are still eligible, but no interview scheduled yet". Well I HOPE I'm still eligible LOL!! Sigh, the wait continues...

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
I must admit the people at DOS are very friendly. You would think they would get annoyed everytime we call but they don't. Do you think they keep track of how many times you call?

I've called only once, but I've emailed Montreal about 10 times. I'm afraid they move me to the bottom of the stack each time I email...

Timeline

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

7/17/2008 Visa received

Timeline
I must admit the people at DOS are very friendly. You would think they would get annoyed everytime we call but they don't. Do you think they keep track of how many times you call?

I agree, the people at DOS are very friendly!! I don't think they keep track of how many times you call. Wow, I really hope that they don't! LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.