Dennishiella

police certificate

16 posts in this topic

hi vj'ers i got my police cert now they did not put any date there they did not write that i lived here from birth to present is it ok?..but it stated there that i have no record and that im in good outstanding character..is this ok....or do i have to ask them to write a speific date?thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi vj'ers i got my police cert now they did not put any date there they did not write that i lived here from birth to present is it ok?..but it stated there that i have no record and that im in good outstanding character..is this ok....or do i have to ask them to write a speific date?thanks

Hi,

The date only that appears at police certificate,was the date it was being issued to you, and with validity of 60 days.

That is ok, since in your g325-a it has only one address u put , right? unless you had any other address when you reached the age of 16.

:)

Edited by SHAPE OF MY HEART

hi,

I'm confused too, about securing police clearance... since birth to 18 years of age i lived in Isabela and from 19 yrs old to present im here now in manila. do i have to secure police clearance in isabela too or the police clearance i got here in manila is already ok.

pls advice...

Timeline
hi,

I'm confused too, about securing police clearance... since birth to 18 years of age i lived in Isabela and from 19 yrs old to present im here now in manila. do i have to secure police clearance in isabela too or the police clearance i got here in manila is already ok.

pls advice...

Hi,

yes you need to get also police certificate from Isabela since you have live there at age of 16.

As I understand you need to submit a police certificate from abroad if you stayed/worked abroad...but if you just stayed in the Philippines then NBI will do. What I submitted before was NBI and my police certificate from HK and Taiwan.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Timeline
hi there again,i have lived in two barangay's here in our town gapan i wrote that in g325 i think i since its the same town 1 police cert/clearance is enough..am i correct?thanks

Yes that's good.

Police clearance is being issued by Municipality of your town/district. So even if you had lived in 2 barangays , that 's ok, because your baranggay is under the municipality/ or town of Gapan. Unless you are only requesting for baranggay clearance , that is you request to both baranggays then.

i think you are good about that.. :)

Timeline
As I understand you need to submit a police certificate from abroad if you stayed/worked abroad...but if you just stayed in the Philippines then NBI will do. What I submitted before was NBI and my police certificate from HK and Taiwan.

Hi there,

Maybe its in the older version,

As i understand in the updated version they emphasize to secure police certificates from wherever place u have live since age of 16. (that you've listed in G325-A Biographic data)

Police clearance and NBI clearance are not the same also.

thanks for the clarification.. im a bit confused too.. i already have my NBI so with my police certificate issued here in manila. so NO need to secure police certificate in isabela even i stayed there since birth to 18 years of age? :unsure:

Timeline

thanks for the clarification.. im a bit confused too.. i already have my NBI so with my police certificate issued here in manila. so NO need to secure police certificate in isabela even i stayed there since birth to 18 years of age? :unsure:

Hi there,

Maybe its in the older version,

As i understand in the updated version they emphasize to secure police certificates from wherever place u have live since age of 16. (that you've listed in G325-A Biographic data)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

walls1010 is correct. You ONLY need NBI clearance and dont need to get police clearance from every town that you've lived in the Philippines.

You only need police clearance IF you stayed/lived abroad.

If you already have NBI clearance (green) and did not live abroad, then you're all set.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

This topic is a bit confusing but let me try to shed some light. :-)

Yes, NVC requires that you secure police certificates from every place u have lived since age 16. But one must realize that this statement is "universal" and applies to all applicants all around the world. And different countries have slightly different system of governtment or "police system."

For example, in the Philippines we have what we call a "Police Certificate." The kind you get from your local municipalities. And then we have another type of police certificate called... "NBI clearance".

For the purpose of CR1/IR1/K1/K3 applications, the type of police certificates that NVC needs from applicants from the Philippines is the NBI clearance.

Now if you've lived anywhere else in the world, you will also need a "police certificate" from that part of the world. In most countries this police certificate would probably just simply be called "police certificates". But you never know... some countries might have a weird acronym for their national police clearance system. They might call it NBI, FBI, what ever... but they're all just a type of police certificate just like the NBI certificate we have here in the Philippines.

Hope I made that clearer. :whistle:

ah ok so ill not send this police cert of mine to the nvc just the nbi...maybe it would not matter to send them both what do you think?thanks again...i sent all my ds230 docs to my husband this afternoon and i wish for a faster process coz my husband will be having his training on 3rd week of may..we are praying that we are done before his training coz no one can mail them to the nvc..we are still waiting for the iv bill now it was generated on 31st of march...wish us luck...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.