mary12

DOCUMENT VERIFICATION/DELBROS

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I find it a little bit odd coz i read in this website that we are suppose to pay delbros so that document verification will not be delayed, hence i did pay a month earlier than my interview only to find out a few days before my interview that no verification process has been initiated at all at that time. Now the question is, why should we pay early for the verification process if USEM will not initiate the move to verify till our interview. I dont understand the system.

Anyway, its kinda frustrating that the document verification, i understand will take 4 weeks maximum??? just to check the documents issued by the same institiution that will verify our documents? Its like double verification process being made. Its ok to verify it twice, but i hope not that long as in 4 weeks. We have waited for so long, about 6 months just for the K1 papers to arrive to Manila from the US, then wait for 60 days to have your interview set and then the document verification of your birth certificate and cenomar for a month? If its a day or perhaps 3 days, that would be fine, but 4 weeks? That's too dragging already.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's what im worry for also, but my case i never paid documents verification 1 month before my interview coz i didn't know it's like that i just knew that's there's doc. verification fee when im already at the embassy and ready for my interview so before i leave USEM i pay 650p for that thing now it's been 3 weeks already from my interview but i still don't have my visa. im really worried a lot if documents verification only verify cenomar and birthcertificate why it takes that long.. hayy naku!!! my other co same applicants they already have their visa coz they already pay their doc. verification before the interview..

You should follow what others did... After paying for the doc. verification fee in advance, they faxed the receipt to USEM and then they kept on calling Delbros if they are working on it. That way, on the day of the interview, everything is done and won't cause any delays on the issuance of the visa.

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Timeline

On my packet they never say i should pay doc. verification that's why i am so shocked when im in the USEM after my interview they ask me to pay 650p for doc. verification and 250p for visa delivery fee really confusing a lot and now it's been 3 weeks past by and haven't have my visa yet...

That documents verification can cause refusal?

Timeline

I paid the Document verification thing just last monday since I failed to get a Cenomar. Apparently the packet they sent were old and the forms expired last 07/30/2007.

My Interview was this morning. During prescreening they have asked for my CENOMAR. I explained to them that it was not in my packet as part of the requirement and that I tried getting one last Wednesday but it takes 10 working days to get a certificate.

During the Final interview with the Consular Officer he said that Im approved and should be getting my Visa in a week and when I went to the releasing documents counter they didnt asked for me to pay for it but asked the person before and after me to pay for it. I am just assuming the reason for this is because most of them were of kind of of age (older later 30s to 50's) no offense but maybe just to double check if they have ever been married since they had a lot of time to get married.

Well this is just my opinion... Maybe u can get a very recent CENOMAR and BC just to avoid the delay on your VISA if in case u dont trust the Document Verification process. Which I think it is just a waste of time and money by the way.

Timeline

I failed to mention that when I was in the releasing counter the person ahead of me was asked to show the receipt of the payment for document verification while I was not asked for the receipt even if I already paid it.

On my packet they never say i should pay doc. verification that's why i am so shocked when im in the USEM after my interview they ask me to pay 650p for doc. verification and 250p for visa delivery fee really confusing a lot and now it's been 3 weeks past by and haven't have my visa yet...

mary and true: i'm sorry about your situation and all of you who are stuck with doc verification AP/AR... it is disheartening :( .. few weeks months back there were always rejoicing in the philippine forum becoz so and so passed the interview and got his/her visa without a hitch.. but now :( ... it is really sad.

you were interviewed 3weeks ago, the USEM just updated the packets to contain the Delbros verification thing. :http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=119938

i hope they did that way back when they started implementing this 'standard' verification procedure but then they had to wait for all the other changes to take effect before they updated the packets and even now, they are still posting that old outdated packet in one page (in a more comvenient and easier to locate page while the new one is a little harder to find).. Hayy, what to do with USEM! :angry:

pls stay strong, you will get your visa in God's perfectly appointed time. I will include you both in my prayers. (F)

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I find it a little bit odd coz i read in this website that we are suppose to pay delbros so that document verification will not be delayed, hence i did pay a month earlier than my interview only to find out a few days before my interview that no verification process has been initiated at all at that time. Now the question is, why should we pay early for the verification process if USEM will not initiate the move to verify till our interview. I dont understand the system.

Anyway, its kinda frustrating that the document verification, i understand will take 4 weeks maximum??? just to check the documents issued by the same institiution that will verify our documents? Its like double verification process being made. Its ok to verify it twice, but i hope not that long as in 4 weeks. We have waited for so long, about 6 months just for the K1 papers to arrive to Manila from the US, then wait for 60 days to have your interview set and then the document verification of your birth certificate and cenomar for a month? If its a day or perhaps 3 days, that would be fine, but 4 weeks? That's too dragging already.

Me too i dont understand bec. i have 1 friend that after interview she paid the document verification w/ her fiancee & only 1 day she received her visa.

Oh my goodness!!! :blink: . I have also 1 friend that we have same scheduled in interview last march 3,2008 & she already paid document verification last feb. 8 but she said her visa was delayed & only this coming 1st week of april they'll deliver her visa. :wacko:

Timeline

Most likely not REFUSAL, just DELAY. Of course if they find any actual discrepancies after completing the Doc Verification, then they will have other questions...but this is not the common problem. The common problem is the DELAY caused by the Manila Embassy not following their own process and getting the Dov Verfication completed BEFORE the applicant interviews.....grrrrr.....

As DavidMae says, the thing we have to do is to call and call and pester the embassey to ensure that they are doing their work as they should be - IN ADVANCE - so that the doc verification will be completed by the time of the embassy interview. That's what we did...It was a pain to keep calling and faxing them, but I am sure that if I had not, we would not have gotten the good news that our Doc Verfication was completed already when we went to our interview today.

Warm Regards,

Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

The doc verification process did not start until late November/early December. We paid on January 7th only to find out at the interview that DELBROS forget to forward my wife's payment. This is where the suggestion to call DELBROS originated. The delays are caused by both DELBROS and the Embassy.

Until today, the longest delayI have seen for doc verification is 8 weeks. Unfortunately, we have started week 9 since the interview.

If you remember your CFO seminar, this process is years faster than getting a Philippine immigrant visa.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Until today, the longest delayI have seen for doc verification is 8 weeks. Unfortunately, we have started week 9 since the interview.

Sorry to hear that, edp333... Being stuck in AR prison used to last up to 6 weeks the most and considered the norm... with this doc. verification, it looks like it is taking longer. I wonder if the USEM and Delbros even thought about the downside of this whole new shebang? It seems to me that they are lacking of coordination and didn't really think about the whole thing. :blink:

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just because you paid it doesnt mean Delbros notified the embassy you paid it. It is advised to follow up with Delbros one week after paying the fee to verify they have notified the embassy you paid. Its 4 weeks from the time the embassy is notified to process the document verification. Delbros is not always on top of things.

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Just because you paid it doesnt mean Delbros notified the embassy you paid it. It is advised to follow up with Delbros one week after paying the fee to verify they have notified the embassy you paid. Its 4 weeks from the time the embassy is notified to process the document verification. Delbros is not always on top of things.

Chris

Hi! I paid Delbros March 31, 2008. I called them 1st week of April and they said request will be forwarded April 14th. I called on April 14th and said request was forwarded already, two weeks after I paid! My interview will be on April 29th. My question is where will the request be forwarded? USE or NSO? How does the document verification thing work?????! I'm confused. :bonk: I hope my documents get verified before my interview date! Sigh. :unsure:

Peypey

AOS Journey

July 26, 2008 ------------ Sent AOS Packet to Chicago

July 31, 2008 ------------ Received NOA1 for EAD, AP and AOS

August 23, 2008 --------- Biometrics appointment done

September 5, 2008 ------ No touches or updates through email yet. Case not visible online.

September 23, 2008 ----- No touches or email notifications still. Case not visible online.

September 30, 2008 ------Scheduled for an InfoPass appointment on October 3rd as advised by USCIS.

October 1, 2008 ----------- EAD card production ordered and AP approval notice sent. Case finally visible online.

October 2, 2008 ----------- Cancelled InfoPass appointment on October 3rd.

October 6, 2008 ----------- AP document received in the mail.

October 7, 2008 ----------- EAD card production ordered again??!!

October 10, 2008 ---------- EAD card received in the mail.

October 20, 2008 ---------- Received mail for GC interview. Yikes!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i think it won't cause refusal as long as your documents are all true.... document verifications affect only to the people got late registrations of BC and some other errors to your original documents u submitted to USCIS, NVC or USEM ----- it will only cause delay but not refusal of visa

Edited by gurl

Strike till the IRON is HOT

K3 flow

wedding date 04/24/07

130 sent 07/27/07

noa1 09/10/07

noa2 03/13/08

129f sent 09/10/07

noa1 09/24/07

noa2 03/13/08

package rcvd by NVC 04/04/08

date rcvd by consulate 04/09/08

passed - my medical 05/15/08

APPROVED - interview date (K3 visa ) 05/28/08

VISA delivered - - - - - June 05, 2008

POE @ Detroit - - - - - - June 21, 2008

submit AOS application to Chicago Lockbox - - - May 14, 2009

Check encashed - - - - - - - - -- - - -- -- - --- --- May 22, 2009

NOA1 for AOS & EAD received- - - - - -- --------- -May 26, 2009

Letter for Biometrics received from the mail----- June 11, 2009

Appointment for Biometrics------------------------ June 26, 2009

Card Production Ordered 4 EAD------------------- June 26, 2009

EAD approval - - - - - - - - - -- - -- - - - - - - -- -- July 02, 2009

Received EAD from the mail ----------------------- July 06,2009

Received noticed for I-485 - ----------------------- July 11, 2009

Schedule for Interview & Passed ---------------- August 12, 2009

Green Card Production --------------------------- August 12, 2009

Welcome Notice Received------------------------- August 20,2009

GCard/PR received-------------------------------- August 24, 2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.