6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Does anyone have their telephone number so I can call to see if they received it yet or not

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to get the case and what Info Im going to have to come up with ?

Will I have to have 3 years of tax returns...and what if I didnt meet the income requirements 2 of those years (05 and 06) ????

So many questions now ???

Please help....I know you all will tho...you are all so GREAT

Whoops...I was using my financee's log in...Im Patricia not STeve....lol !!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

You can call NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5;

Or, you can call the US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, then 0

They both can offer the same information, but DOS seems a bit easier to get through to!

If you give them tyour EAC # and answer some questions about the beneficiary - name, DOB etc, they can give you the LND# and tell you if its on its way to the embassy. It usually only takes a few days from NOA2 to NVC to embassy for VSC filers.

I ordered tax transcripts to use as supporting evidence for the I134. They are free. Google it. It took exactly a week for them to arrive.

As for the 125%, as long as you make enough currently you will not need a co-sponsor.

Good luck!

Timeline

Yes. They evaluate the sponsor on current earnings. I only submitted my last year's (2006) tax info with the I-134, a letter from my employer and a few recent paystubs. My then fiance was approved without incident on 7 Jan. 08. He's here now and we're married. There were no questions asked about my ability to sponsor him.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Glory Be to God......Thank you so much for your info....I really appreciate it !!

Were you approved the same day you went for your interview and medical....Did they call you later, or tell you right then ?

Thanks again !!

Timeline
Glory Be to God......Thank you so much for your info....I really appreciate it !!

Were you approved the same day you went for your interview and medical....Did they call you later, or tell you right then ?

Thanks again !!

They told him that day he was approved, pending the medical results. The medical results typically take about 4 days to get to the embassy. So, he interviewed & had the medical on a Monday and received the visa at home the following Tuesday (6 business days later).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.