crazy4daisy

police clearance - singapore

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi fellow VJ'rs

My fiance was working as a caregiver in Singapore for 6 months before returning to the Philipines. Will the embassy require her to get a

police clearance with the NOA2 package? I noticed that it takes some time to get the document back from the foreign governments if needed. I

dont want the process to be delayed by this.

Thanks in advance

Visa Journey Time-line

October 20, 2008 - Met online

December 23 - 29 - Visited Daisy in Mexico City

January 10, 2009 - Proposed

January 20, 2009 - FedEx to C.S.C I-129F application

January 21, 2009 - I-129F application received at C.S.C

January 22, 2009 - received NOA1 notice

if she stayed in a place for 6 months or more, she is required to get a police clearance from that country. If she's here in the Philippines, maybe she can call the Singapore embassy to ask for the procedure to secure one.

Sent N400: Oct 27, 2011

NOA: Nov 1, 2011

Biometrics: Nov 16, 2011

Yellow letter date: 12/14/2011

Yellow letter received: 12/19/2011

Timeline
if she stayed in a place for 6 months or more, she is required to get a police clearance from that country. If she's here in the Philippines, maybe she can call the Singapore embassy to ask for the procedure to secure one.

hi docjazzie,

I just want to ask what if the beneficiary stayed in japan for visiting relatives and not for work, do i required to have police clearance? I was given a visa for 3 months then we applied for extension and gave me 90 days extension. Like i arrived in japan feb 23 then back to Philippines august 22 (1 day for 6 months). Do i need to have Police clearance since it says that exactly 6 months or more?

Thanks in advance,

sugar

***k1***

07/28/07 - I-129f sent

08/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/14/07 - NOA2 received

05/02/08 - Medical

05/08/08 - Interview

05/08/08 - Applied for PC (Japan Embassy)

06/19/08 - Received PC

06/23/08 - Submitted PC at US embassy

07/03/08 - received visa ( Thank God!)

07/03/08 - Prism and CFO

07/07/08 - arrived in Las Vegas

07/24/08 - civil wedding

08/05/08 - apply for ssn

08/12/08 - received ssn/card

***AOS***

08/19/08 - sent AOS, EAD, AP

08/27/08 - check cashed

08/30/08 - received notices (AOS, EAD and AP)

09/04/08 - received biometrics appointment letter

09/18/08 - biometrics schedule

11/18/08 - AP Approved (CRIS)

11/18/08 - Card Production Ordered (CRIS)

11/21/08 - AP received

11/28/08 - EAD received

01/23/09 - AOS Interview letter recieved

Timeline

Yes you need to have one from singapore. My fiance did not get her visa approved because of the baloney! We have to submit all the paperwork to the singpore police force to get the CNCC (certificate of no criminal conviction) and the idiots want in in singapore dollars!!! I have called them several times,they asked for a bank draft yet would not accept a international postal money order!!!! I even tried to explain to them (as told to me by my US bank) that all most global transactions are in US Currency,then converted. EXAMPLE: when a purchase is made by a credit card,it is in USD then converted to local currency. A barrel of oil is also based on the USD. They said no creit cards either! The man I spoke with was pretty rude,but get this,he told me they would take cash. Luckly, I live by an international airport and I am going to give this turkey the $50.00 in singapore currency,after i get it converted!

I would start on this now. All the info is at this website for singapore, WWW.SPF.GOV.SG and look for the page for application for certificate of no criminal conviction (CNCC). All the phone numbers that are given on the web-site,no one seems to answer......trust me I tried them all,but here is a good "inside" number,011 65 6435 8277- this will get you someone to speak to if need be. I hope this helps you ot & good luck!!! AIRICH

Timeline

My Fiancé was also working in Singapore for a year, we are planning to send the Application for Certificate of No Criminal Conviction (CNCC) as soon as we get packet 4 in the mail or she goes to St. Lukes to pick it up. I went to Wells Fargo here in the U.S. and they issued a bank draft in Singapore Currency on the spot and I have already sent it over to Lizel. Below is the link where you can find all the requirements. It sounds like it takes the two weeks or so to issue the CNCC.

http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cert_issued.htm

Timeline

If they were over 16 years of age when in another country for 6 monthe or more, then YES, it is required. It does not matter the reason for being there: work, school, extended vacation, etc.

In Singapore, a Police Clearance is called a CNCC (Certificate of No Criminal Conviction). Below is the link with more info and form/instructions for requesting, It took about 5 weeks for ours to come in the mail.

Calling the Singapore consulate in Manila didnt really help...in fact, we got some incorrect information from them initially.

Getting a Bank Draft in Singapore Dollars was IMPOSSIBLE in the philippines - even from the suggested banks given by the Singapore Consulate in Manila. However, it was so easy in the US. We also got ours from a Wells Fargo bank branch.

This web site has all the information you need to file the form and additional required documentation. For the requirement of "US Gov't documented Reason for CNCC Request", I made an inquiry via email to the Singapore Police (email addy available at link below) and we received a very courteous and prompt reply via email. (I try to keep things written when interacting with individuals for ths process whose first language is not English. It seems to have increased understanding, decreased the number of communication iterations required and generally decresed our stress level.)

The K1 Visa requirements listing on the mnl.usmbssy.gov was sufficient for inclusion to cover the "documented reason for the requested CNCC).

http://www.spf.gov.sg/faqs/police_cncc.htm

All in all, it was a much smoother process than say dealing with NSO or DFA here in the Philippines. Good Luck to you.

Warm Regards,

Samby

Edited by TinTin and Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Timeline

Thanks so much for the replies. I will try to start on this as soon as possible. But it

seems that it cannot be sent until the NOA2 and packet 4 is approved and delivered.

This procedure seems so ridiculous that it cannot be checked on as part of the NBI or immigration approval

I hope you finally got your visa approved airich.

thanks again everyone

Visa Journey Time-line

October 20, 2008 - Met online

December 23 - 29 - Visited Daisy in Mexico City

January 10, 2009 - Proposed

January 20, 2009 - FedEx to C.S.C I-129F application

January 21, 2009 - I-129F application received at C.S.C

January 22, 2009 - received NOA1 notice

Timeline
Yes you need to have one from singapore. My fiance did not get her visa approved because of the baloney! We have to submit all the paperwork to the singpore police force to get the CNCC (certificate of no criminal conviction) and the idiots want in in singapore dollars!!! I have called them several times,they asked for a bank draft yet would not accept a international postal money order!!!! I even tried to explain to them (as told to me by my US bank) that all most global transactions are in US Currency,then converted. EXAMPLE: when a purchase is made by a credit card,it is in USD then converted to local currency. A barrel of oil is also based on the USD. They said no creit cards either! The man I spoke with was pretty rude,but get this,he told me they would take cash. Luckly, I live by an international airport and I am going to give this turkey the $50.00 in singapore currency,after i get it converted!

I would start on this now. All the info is at this website for singapore, WWW.SPF.GOV.SG and look for the page for application for certificate of no criminal conviction (CNCC). All the phone numbers that are given on the web-site,no one seems to answer......trust me I tried them all,but here is a good "inside" number,011 65 6435 8277- this will get you someone to speak to if need be. I hope this helps you ot & good luck!!! AIRICH

I have to say, if you failed to provide the documents requested for the visa its not baloney and only your fault.

Also someone requesting payment in THIER currency does not make them idiots.

If you had a store in the US would you accept Singapore dollars, I dont think so!

Because of the plummeting value of the US dollar, many, many international transactions are rapidly moving away from being pinned to the US dollar.

Mike and Mely

Met online -6/10/07

Met in Philippines-11/10/07

I-129F mailed -11/23/07

NOA2 -5/09/08

USEM recieved -5/28/08

Medical test -6/16/08 PASSED

Interview -6/23/08 APPROVED

Visa in hand -7/04/08

Flight to USA -7/09/08

Married -7/31/08

AOS Sent -8/24/08

Biometrics -9/20/08

EAD received -11/16/08

Green Card Ordered-2/13/09

Timeline
Thanks so much for the replies. I will try to start on this as soon as possible. But it

seems that it cannot be sent until the NOA2 and packet 4 is approved and delivered.

This procedure seems so ridiculous that it cannot be checked on as part of the NBI or immigration approval

thanks again everyone

Adobocrazy,

There is absolutely NO NEED TO wait for the NOA2. In fact, if you wait that long, you very well may not have the CNCC from Singapore in time for your embassy interview. Just go to the Singapore web site, follow the instructions to fill out their form, include the required additional documentation and the bank draft. Send it away today. Don't wait.

Regards,

Samby

Edited by TinTin and Samby

TinTin and Samby

Timeline

thanks again everyone

Adobocrazy,

There is absolutely NO NEED TO wait for the NOA2. In fact, if you wait that long, you very well may not have the CNCC from Singapore in time for your embassy interview. Just go to the Singapore web site, follow the instructions to fill out their form, include the required additional documentation and the bank draft. Send it away today. Don't wait.

Regards,

Samby

Samby,

Hello. I am curious what documentation you provided to the Singapore police dept. to show proof that you needed to obtain a CNCC? I have read other posts where the CNCC would not be issued until the appointment letter was faxed over because they wanted proof that another governmental agency was requesting a police clearance. We just about have all of our documentation ready to go; I was just waiting on the letter from the Embassy. Thanks for your insights on this process!

Thanks,

Larry

hi there...that is the reason why i didnt write down anything except "NA" on my last 5 years of stay when i am filling up the applications coz i dont want to get that police certificate from the countries i lived and worked b4. my passport was renewed 2 years b4 we filed the application,so i made it.

getting police certificates from foriegn countries is really takes time...i met one at the embassy and she was from singapore also,it takes her more than 1 month to recieved it.its good that she have friend in singapore to get it for her.

Nov. 23, 2009 mailed the I-751- Lifting of Conditions

Nov. 30,2009 USCIS sent it back to me coz i sent it 1 day earlier

Dec. 05, 2009 mail it again

Dec. 15, 2009 NOA1 recieved - GC 1 year extension

Dec. 24, 2009 recieved Biometrics Appointment

Jan. 08, 2010 Biometrics

Jan. 27, 2010 Approved...my card will be here within 60days

Feb. 01, 2010 Recieved 10 yrs. GC in the mail

March 17, 2008 papers for son sent to chicago

March 19, 2008 chicago recieved the papers

March 27,2008 NOA1

June 03,2008 NOA2 Petition Approved

July 19, 2008 AOS fee bill send to me...with MNL case number.

Aug. 14 2008 notice for visa payment

Aug. 16, 2008 I-864 download instructions

Sept 4, 2008 DS-230 instruction recieved

Sept. 29, 2008 NVC asking for missing documents for my son

Oct.18,2008 mail the letter of consent from the father

Oct 20, 2008 NVC recieved the letter of consent

Nov. 4,2008 recieved letter from NVC with the date of interview

Dec.09,2008 Medical at St. Lukes

Dec 22,2008 Interview for my son at Manila embassy

Jan.7,2009 Submit the proof of relationship

Feb. 02, 2009 going home to Phils

Feb.20,2009 Fly to USA...Mnl-Detroit

Sept.1 2009 Embassy sent a re medical form (almost 9 months waiting)

Nov. 9, 2009 Son re medical at St. Lukes...passed!

Dec. 08, 2009 VISA issued...thanks God!

April 25, 2010 son flying to USA---nxt journey,CITIZENSHIP!

Timeline

thanks again everyone

Adobocrazy,

Regards,

Samby

Samby,

Hello. I am curious what documentation you provided to the Singapore police dept. to show proof that you needed to obtain a CNCC? I have read other posts where the CNCC would not be issued until the appointment letter was faxed over because they wanted proof that another governmental agency was requesting a police clearance. We just about have all of our documentation ready to go; I was just waiting on the letter from the Embassy. Thanks for your insights on this process!

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Larry,

Sorry for the late reply. Here is the email (first is on bottom, last is on top) I sent to the Singapore authorities and their reply. I sent via FedEx from the Philippines and had no problem. The CNCC was returned via registered mail. Total time from send to receive was about 5 weeks. Let me know if I can help further. Good luck! -Samby

Sent: Friday, October 19, 2007 3:16 AM

To: 'SPF_CID_CNCC@spf.gov.sg'

Cc: 'SPF_Feedback_MAYCI@spf.gov.sg'

Subject: RE: (SR#: SR/2007/1017/1-7HUNH) - Activity #XXXXX:

Dear Sir:

I want to thank you most kindly for your prompt and clear reply to my inquiry. This level of excellent customer service is most appreciated by me.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: Friday, October 19, 2007 8:40 AM

To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Cc: SPF_Feedback_MAYCI@spf.gov.sg

Subject: (SR#: SR/2007/1017/1-7HUNH) - Activity # - XXXXXXXX:

Dear Sir,

I refer to your email of 17/10/07.

Please note that the document mentioned is acceptable,

As for the payment, you may use a cheque, if you have any that is acceptable by DBS Singapore. The National Philippines Bank do issue bank draft in Singapore dollars.

We do not have service in credit payments for oversea applicants.

CNCC OFFICE

CID/CRO

SINGAPORE

Kumary

WARNING: "Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not the intended addressee, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance thereon. Communication of any information in this email to any unauthorised person is an offence under the Official Secrets Act (Cap 213). Please notify the sender immediately if you receive this in error."

Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 6:54 PM

To: SPF_CID_CNCC@spf.gov.sg

Subject: Application for Certificate of No Criminal Conviction (CNCC)

17 October 2007

RE: Application for Certificate of No Criminal Conviction (CNCC)

Good Day:

I am a US Citizen sponsoring a Filipino Citizen for a US Immigration Visa (K-1). The US Embassy in Manila has informed us that Miss XXXXXXXXX, a Filipino Citizen, is required to obtain a Police Clearance document from Singapore where she lived in 2004-2005 during her Academic Work Training program. This is required because she was in Singapore for “6 months or longer”.

I have 2 questions regarding the form and requirements for this document.

1. Requirement number 6 on your Application form states:

6. Applicant must produce documentary proof from foreign immigration/government bodies or

embassies to show proof that the certificate is required by such authority.

In addition, your web site at http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cert_issued.htm states:

>>Documentary proof from the immigration authority requiring the certificate. (A print out of the application requirements is not acceptable.)

I am planning on submitting a copy of the official USA Government Notice of Action (NOA-1) showing the visa application for Miss XXXXXXXXX in process along with the documented US Embassy requirement for the Police Clearances from all countries where the individual has resided “6 months or longer”. Is this documentation acceptable to you?

2. Your stated fee required for application from abroad is S$50. You indicate this should be sent via a “bank draft”. But, how would we get a bank draft in the Philippines that is payable in Singapore Dollars? All banks we have visited say that is not possible. Do you accept USA Credit Cards? Can you suggest a means by which we can meet your requirement given that we are in the Philippines?

Thank you very much for your prompt attention and reply to these 2 questions.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXX

TinTin and Samby

Timeline

I have to say, if you failed to provide the documents requested for the visa its not baloney and only your fault.

If you had a store in the US would you accept Singapore dollars, I dont think so!

Because of the plummeting value of the US dollar, many, many international transactions are rapidly moving away from being pinned to the US dollar.

Timeline

In our case I had ALREADY tried previously to get the police clearance,but I needed to have documentary "proof" from the consulate before I could get the application to process for the the police clearance certificate. So she had to go to the interview to get proper "proof",a letter from the consulate. Ok, maybe your right,they aren't idiots but were VERY rude,you wern't on the phone with me,so you don't know the whole story and there is no need for me to have to explain myself on this issue, regardless of your opinion. I am just trying to give a fellow VJ'R some advice from MY experience...I know it's your opinion.....but you know what what they say about opinions???? If a person came to my store (from Singapore) they would already would have U.S. currency (because my store in in the U.S.),as if I was in Singapore,I would have Singapore dollars, when in the Philippines you would ALREADY have pesos because you went to the currency exchange......duh! If they paid by credit card,the money conversion is automaticly done. Like when you used your credit card in the Philippines :)

A big part in the decline of the U.S. Dollar is due to greed from finance companies giving bogus morgages to people who couldn't afford them after the interest rates went up. Peoples debt ratio was higher than total earned income,it had to collapse sooner or later,thats why we are in a recession. The dollar is down,and it will get a little tougher in the next year,but it will bounce back. We are AMERICANS, we always bounce back and do well (especially after the election), we always do!

I know alot of said of global money transactions moving to the euro,but last i heard, the market is STILL based on the U.S. Dollar!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.