w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Richardson says Leader In Delegate Count After This Week's Primaries Should Be Considered Nominee

36 posts in this topic

It's not democratic because only those states that get to go first have the chance to be part of the popular vote which is fine if it's a clear cut lead but not if it's a tight race...that's simply how I see it but feel free to explain it to me in a way that makes it clearer because I am trying to understand.

You were the one who stated that Obama is winning on charisma rather than policy differences. That wasn't my line.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
It's not democratic because only those states that get to go first have the chance to be part of the popular vote which is fine if it's a clear cut lead but not if it's a tight race...that's simply how I see it but feel free to explain it to me in a way that makes it clearer because I am trying to understand.

You were the one who stated that Obama is winning on charisma rather than policy differences. That wasn't my line.

There's a total of 4049 Democrat delegates, so a simple majority - 2025 is required to secure the nomination. I can understand the confusion, but really this process is quite democratic because in this unique race, just looking at the numbers, both Clinton and Obama are close. That's why you have to factor in the trends, the momentum, and the polls. There's approx. 800 Super delegates who may sway this race if it goes all the way to the Convention. Since it's not likely that either one of them will have enough delegate votes prior to the DNC, if the trailing candidate stays in the race any longer past tomorrow, they are in essence making it less democratic, because with the Superdelegates weighing in, they could essentially pick the candidate with the less popular vote. Hopefully they won't do that if the race goes all the way to the Convention.

So essentially, neither candidate can have the majority vote needed, but one will be have the most votes and my argument is that should be the Party's nominee. That to me is democratic.

As I said, it is now more clear why states wish to be 'first' in the race because their votes have greater significance than states that come later and some states never get any say in it at all. That seems well, undemocratic to me. However, that's your system and most people seem to like it so there you go.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
As I said, it is now more clear why states wish to be 'first' in the race because their votes have greater significance than states that come later and some states never get any say in it at all. That seems well, undemocratic to me. However, that's your system and most people seem to like it so there you go.

I understand your sentiment, but I believe the Democratic Party wants select the best possible nominee available (one who can win the Presidential Election), which is a bit different from general election. Had all the states had their Primaries at the same time, the candidates wouldn't have had the chance to campaign in each state and the winner would be whoever goes into the race as the favorite. This particular race has been amazing because it shows that the favorite going into it isn't necessarily a shoe-in for the nomination. Back in November, nobody thought Hillary could be stopped...that she was a shoe-in. Hillary was the favorite simply on her name recognition, but has since lost her dominance in the race as voters got the chance to hear all the candidates. That to me is as good as anyone can hope for.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm a little worried.

On the other hand, I don't care who gets the nomination as long as they can win the whole thing.

That's the deal , I doubt Hillary could win the whole thing where Obama likely can. There are many of us independent type voters who can't stand Hillary but might vote for Obama.

November 5, 2007 --- 1-129F sent to CSC

November 6, 2007 --- Package received at CSC signed for by V SEMEGI

November 14, 2007 --- NOA1 Date

November 19, 2007 --- NOA1 Hardcopy I-797 received in the mail

March 10, 2008 ---- Touched

March 13, 2008 ---- Touched

March 14, 2008 ---- Touched

March 20, 2008 ---- Touched ( I guess approved but no update on website or email?)

March 25, 2008 ---- Noa2 hard copy received in the mail Dated March 20, 2008

March 31, 2008 ---- NVC Received our File-- Assigned case #

April 2, 2008 ------- Package shipped to US embassy Manila

May 8-9, 2008------ Medical (approved)

May 20, 2008------- Interview (Approved)

May 29, 2008------- Visa Delivered

June 12, 2008------ Flight to USA -POE Chicago

"Calling an Illegal immigrant an Undocumented worker is the equivalent of calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm a little worried.

On the other hand, I don't care who gets the nomination as long as they can win the whole thing.

That's the deal , I doubt Hillary could win the whole thing where Obama likely can. There are many of us independent type voters who can't stand Hillary but might vote for Obama.

I hope Obama gets the nomination. As McCain said, Obama's talk is just "an eloquent but empty call for change," which will be easy to expose with a reasonable amount of scrutiny.