dbears

SLEC Medical & USEM Interview Exprerience for K2 & K4 visa applicants

39 posts in this topic

Krrystal is so happy now and asks her mother if she will come get her now. It's so hard to tell her to be patient because they miss each other so much. We just tried to tell her that it will be soon, but that is not soon enough for her. We plan on keeping Mir's arrival back to the PI to get Krrystal a secret till she will walk in the door of the house. I can only imagine the look on Krrystal's face on the date of the happy reunion. It can't come quick enough for both of them.

Ok...time to get ready for work. Take care and God bless.

Scott

This part here got me a little teary eyed. I could almost feel, it was me and my daughter in the situation... I'm sure the reunion will be a very sweet moment for the two of them. :yes:

Thank you very much for sharing Scott and Congrats on your stepdaughter's approval. :thumbs:

God bless you and your family always.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the Consul interview, they asked some of the same questions about where Mir is located and if we are married already. They asked Krrystal her age and then asked her birth date. She told them, "June 4, 2008". :lol:

Scott

Congrats :thumbs: "how old are you" seems to be a common question the CO asks children. as far as the date of birth, perhaps she's dropping a hint about receiving a gift on June 4th, like maybe... "how bout a bike dad"... :lol:

soon you'll be together as a family. :thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi! my usc husband received mail the other day from the nvc that they have forwarded my K3 papers in manila embassy and that i should be getting a packet any day soon. i just would like to ask you how to go about the K4 visa for my daughter? please share with me your knowledge on this. thanks and would appreciate your replies.

hi! my usc husband received mail the other day from the nvc that they have forwarded my K3 papers in manila embassy and that i should be getting a packet any day soon. i just would like to ask you how to go about the K4 visa for my daughter? please share with me your knowledge on this. thanks and would appreciate your replies.

I'm not too familiar with the K-4, but I can only assume it is similar to the K-2. If so, you can either have them take the medical and interview in order to have their visa issued at the same time as your visa or if they will follow to join later they don't need to interview and medical until they are ready to go. If the child will go with you, they will have to attend the interview and have their own medical. The interview will be the same interview with you, but the medical will take longer. Depending on the age of your daughter she might get a chest x-ray or a skin test for TB. The skin test takes 48 hours to read so it turns a two day medical into three day medical. Then if there is a positive result on the skin test, a chest x-ray can be ordered, which could take another day. I only say this as we were not prepared and thought it was still a two day medical for kids too.

You will need to fill up a DS 156 and DS 157 and I-134 form for your daughter too. Just no DS156K is needed. You need to pay a visa application fee at the bank and get the DS-157 for each of you. Its per person, not per interview for the fee.

It should explain it too in the packet 4. Take an early medical if you can do it....just in case there is a problem.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Post a specific question if you have one.

Scott

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not too familiar with the K-4, but I can only assume it is similar to the K-2. If so, you can either have them take the medical and interview in order to have their visa issued at the same time as your visa or if they will follow to join later they don't need to interview and medical until they are ready to go. If the child will go with you, they will have to attend the interview and have their own medical. The interview will be the same interview with you, but the medical will take longer. Depending on the age of your daughter she might get a chest x-ray or a skin test for TB. The skin test takes 48 hours to read so it turns a two day medical into three day medical. Then if there is a positive result on the skin test, a chest x-ray can be ordered, which could take another day. I only say this as we were not prepared and thought it was still a two day medical for kids too.

You will need to fill up a DS 156 and DS 157 and I-134 form for your daughter too. Just no DS156K is needed. You need to pay a visa application fee at the bank and get the DS-157 for each of you. Its per person, not per interview for the fee.

It should explain it too in the packet 4. Take an early medical if you can do it....just in case there is a problem.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Post a specific question if you have one.

Scott

thahks for the reply. yes i would like to have our medical in advance ... well, i haven't receive the packet 3. i am calling them up on monday about this. what are the things i should do to the medical in advance? like, what papers should i be showing them and how can i make an early appointment at st. luke's?

Did your husband include your daughter to your k3? If so then your daughter would be your derivatives.

You may check your schedule over here http://203.177.135.10/ivappointment/login.asp as soon as you get your schedule print at least 2.

Things needed at SLEC:

Appointment letter (website printed)/ Orignal Appointment letter (photocopy at least 2)

passport

2x2 pic with white background (3-4pcs) write your case# at the back

vacination Record

black pen

Xray film at least 3months old (if any)

Hope this could help! Goodluck

p1010202qr6.jpg

-------

CR1-CR2

06/22/07 - Sent I-130

12/04/07 - Approved

06/26/08 - Interview

07/04/08 - Visa on hand

08/08/08 - Arrived in US

08/21/08 - SSN and GC in mail

Removing Conditions

06/15/10 - Mailed I-751 packet via USPS

06/17/10 - Delivered to CSC

06/22/10 - Check was cashed

06/24/10 - Received NOA letter (Dated 6/17/10)

07/03/10 - Received biometric letter (Biometric Appointment dated 07/23/10)

07/20/10 - Early biometric done

08/13/10 - APPROVED

WOOOHOOO!!!!! :dance::thumbs::dance::thumbs::dance: Thank you Lord!!!!

Our daughter's K-2 Visa arrived yesterday via Delbros!!!! Now she can come to the states and we can be a happy family together! We will wait till July just before the next school year starts, but the visa process for our family is finally done! (Except her AOS... :lol: ) WOOOHOOO!!!!

Thanks to all those that helped along the way and to the Lord for making all things possible!

Take care!

Scott

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our daughter's K-2 Visa arrived yesterday via Delbros!!!! Now she can come to the states and we can be a happy family together! We will wait till July just before the next school year starts, but the visa process for our family is finally done! (Except her AOS... :lol: ) WOOOHOOO!!!!

Thanks to all those that helped along the way and to the Lord for making all things possible!

Take care!

Scott

Congratulations!! Am so happy for your family...your sharings regarding the SLEC and interview experience of you stepdaughter have given us so much hope. Thank you for generously sharing them with us. God bless you and may your happiness be truly complete soon!

Take care!

Scott

CONGRATULATION Scott... at least you didn't have to wait long for the visa. That's really great news! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.