dbears

SLEC Medical & USEM Interview Exprerience for K2 & K4 visa applicants

39 posts in this topic

Congrats about that negative skin test. I hope they were able to catch the flight back home :dancing:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you!

One more question...for those who's kids had a positive skin test for TB, how long did it take to see the induration to appear? Was it a couple of hours, or did it take up till the last minute to appear?

Thanks.

Scott

That's actually a good question. My daughter had a small redness on the part where she had a skin test on the day it was done, then it remains on that size and when we were on our way to go back for the reading, we took the MRT since we woke up late and can't bear to take the taxi and beat the traffic. The MRT was packed with people and unfortunately, my daughter's arm was pushed and the redness increased in size. The skin test turned to be positive, I am not sure if it was the MRT incident that did it or the BCG vaccine she had when she was an infant. In short, she was instructed to chest xray and we need to go back again tomorrow for the result. I'm getting impatient to get my result as well which is being held, and her medical results so these will be behind us and we can concentrate on the interview preparation...whew...i pray that everything is fine with her xray

Married 05-23-08

AOS/EAD/AP:

6/19/08 : Sent package to Chicago lockbox thru fedex

6/24/08 : NOA1

6/30/08 : Biometrics Appointment Notice

7/21/08 : AOS transferred to CSC

7/23/08 : Biometrics Appointment

8/18/08 : EAD card production ordered!!!

8/18/08 : AP document approved!

8/26/08 : AP received in the mail

8/27/08 : EAD card received in the mail!

9/25/08 : Greencard production ordered!!!

9/29/08 : GC received!!!

Removing of Conditions:

7/21/10 : Application to Lift Conditions on Permanent Residency

09/30/10: Notice of Action

10/04/10: Biometrics Appointment

10/18/10: Approval

10/25/10: 10-year GC received

Naturalization:

03/07/12: Application for Naturalization

03/09/12: Notice of Action

04/16/12: Biometrics Appointment

06/08/12: Testing and Intervview - passed!

09/26/12: OATH TAKING CEREMONY - Today I become a US Citizen

Dave and Rose.....good luck with the chest x-ray. I think if she had the BCG vacc. then that is likely the cause of the positive. Our hearts and prayers go out to you.

As for my own situation....nothing in this process ever works smoothly and the medical was true to form. My step-daughter's medical results were not released in time to catch her flight and they missed it. I called the travel agent and made arrangements for another night's stay (now five nights for a two day medical) in Manila. I then realized that their flights had to be changed before the time of her flight or she would lose the ticket and no refund. They were still in SLEC with no end in sight so they can't leave to go to a ticket office. Yikes!!! I called the call center for Cebu Pacific and explained the situation of why my mother-in-law could not make the change herself. Luckily, they did the rebooking over the phone with just my request. My mother-in-law was able to get the results released from St. Luke's and then went to the ticket office in Robinson's mall to pay the change penalty on their ticket. Whew!!! (Sigh of relief)

Anyways....I just wanted to recommend Asiatravel.com to everyone. Those people are the best. Everytime I called them to say that we needed to add another night, they were always friendly and helpful. Normally, they send a payment voucher via email for the traveler to present at the hotel as proof of payment. Since it was such short notice for the changes, they just said that they would take care of everything with the hotel and not to worry about going to a cafe to print the voucher. They are so nice and their rates are good too. They even have a USA 1-800 number you can call them with so there are no international long distance charges.

Ok....take care everyone. I will post more after the interview.

Scott

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

had my medical last jan.31 for k1 and k2. we went at st.lukes 1pm and everything was fine, had my x-ray, blood extraction, urine, eye exam and PE.my daughter had her PE, height and weight checked..we were done at 5:30PM the doctor ask me and my daghter (3 yr.old) to come back the next day for the tuberculine skin test, coz the result of the TST is readable 2 to 3 days so she decided to give the test friday so that it can be read by monday. that was ok for me since i just stayed at cherry blossoms which is a walking distance from st.lukes.

my daughter's TST is negative there is no swelling or lump at the enjection site even if she has given BCG when she was infant. ( i really thank god for that ) after the tst reading we had our vaccinations..

*btw make sure that you bring your daughter's or son vaccination record for them ( the doctors ) to have a comparison and which vaccination is appropriate. make sure also that it has no erasures!!! in my case i had the vaccination record of my daughter but sadly it has erasures in her name and mispelled! the doctor ask me to secure another copy but i told her that if i do that there will be no enough time since my interview is coming ( feb.8 ) and i have to get that in Davao which really takes time, so she decided to repeat all the vaccinations that my daughter had and give what is needed and she added that there is no risk of doing that so i did agree. so basically we're done with the medical at feb.4..

*during the interview there were no questions ask to her..

I-751 Removing of Conditions

03-03-2011 - I-751 Application sent with K2 dependent

03-08-2011 - checks were cashed

03-15-2011 - NOA received dated 03/04/2011

04-01-2011 - Biometrics Appointment

04-19-2011 - Card production was ordered

04-21-2011 - Approval Notice was sent

04-22-2011 - Approval notice received

04-23-2011 - 10 yrs Green card on hand

My step-daughter (k-2) went to her medical yesterday after a day's delay due to unplanned non-working holiday on Monday where SLEC was closed. Everything is same as reported previously. She had a physical exam, eye test, and all as usual. Then they told her Lola about the TB skin test and she will have to come back in 48 hours for reading. We were not expecting that so its another delay and change of flight. :( Just hoping its not positive cuz then I guess its a chest x-ray and another day's waiting.

We have already changed her flight three times due to passport problem, SLEC being closed on Monday, and now the TB test. I think the ticket agent at Cebu Pacific loves us cuz they make lots of money in changing tickets. LOL It's kind of frustrating though cuz we did not really know the process will extend so long for a child. My wife was done in two days and not a single problem. Krrystal has had nothing but delays and problems. Hope she will get through it all soon. We don't think she had a BCG shot as a baby, so we are hoping the skin test will be negative and no chest x-ray. If she has a chest x-ray and will need to stay till Friday, then she might as well not go home as they will come back on Sunday for a Monday interview!!!

Okay...just venting frustration now. Take care!

Scott

hoping these will be your last hurdles and that the interview will be a breeze. :thumbs:

hello i just read all your venting here i just want to know about my daughter i started to worried here she is 5yrs old she got only vaccine when she was a baby which available at barangay health center...do i need to bring her baby record of immunization ???but how about if she havent yet her booster ???does she will have shots there?? what else vaccine she needs????

...i know so expensive to stay long there in manila!!! thank you for any reply.....

wait.jpg

USCIS

CR1 Filers:

07-26-2007 : I-130 Sent

02-22-2008 : I-130 Approved

NVC

05-06-2008 : NVC Received :

2008-07-01 : Case Completed at NVC

2008-08-05 : NVC Left

USEM

08-25-2008 : Consulate Received

08-20-2008 : Medical Appointment Date

09-04-2008 : Interview Date

STATUS

08-27-2008 : Medical Passed

09-04-2008 : Passed (Pink and White slip) additional documents and Dv

10-17-2008 : visa on hand

DEPARTURE

10-25-2008 : US Entry

Minneapolis : Port of entry

Kansas City, Missouri : Final destination

Thank you!

One more question...for those who's kids had a positive skin test for TB, how long did it take to see the induration to appear? Was it a couple of hours, or did it take up till the last minute to appear?

Thanks.

Scott

That's actually a good question. My daughter had a small redness on the part where she had a skin test on the day it was done, then it remains on that size and when we were on our way to go back for the reading, we took the MRT since we woke up late and can't bear to take the taxi and beat the traffic. The MRT was packed with people and unfortunately, my daughter's arm was pushed and the redness increased in size. The skin test turned to be positive, I am not sure if it was the MRT incident that did it or the BCG vaccine she had when she was an infant. In short, she was instructed to chest xray and we need to go back again tomorrow for the result. I'm getting impatient to get my result as well which is being held, and her medical results so these will be behind us and we can concentrate on the interview preparation...whew...i pray that everything is fine with her xray

hello just wanna know something here....you said your daughter got bcg when she was a baby did you bring with you her immunization record ?? how about if you will bring record with you showing that she got already bcg ... does she still need skin test???? and i wonder how old is your daughter ..my daughter is 5yrs is it ok for her to have xray in that young age?????

wait.jpg

USCIS

CR1 Filers:

NVC

USEM

STATUS

DEPARTURE

Thank you!

Thanks.

Scott

hello just wanna know something here....you said your daughter got bcg when she was a baby did you bring with you her immunization record ?? how about if you will bring record with you showing that she got already bcg ... does she still need skin test???? and i wonder how old is your daughter ..my daughter is 5yrs is it ok for her to have xray in that young age?????

Don't worry....it's frustrating, but its safe. You should bring any immunization records you have for your child to the medical. If you are missing any for them or you, then they will give it there as part of the medical. You can refuse vaccination during the medical, but you will need them anyway before you adjust status or you child starts school, so you might as well get them there as its included in the cost you're paying for the fee. We skipped it because of the time limits we had, but I would recommend getting them there.

The BCG is not part of the medical at SLEC. Some children in the Philippines were given the BCG vaccine there, but not all. They give a PPD skin test for kids at the medical in place of a chest xray. As long as they have a negative results in the skin test, they will not have to get an xray. If the skin test is positive, then a chest xray will be ordered to determine if the child has active TB.

My step-daughter is 7 years old. I don't really know about the safety of a chest x-ray at their age, but I guess its okay or they would not require it. I am sure its avoided as its not the best thing for a child, but it's not life threatening.

Hope that answers your questions.

Scott

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-Biometrics

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

Dave and Rose.....good luck with the chest x-ray. I think if she had the BCG vacc. then that is likely the cause of the positive. Our hearts and prayers go out to you.

As for my own situation....nothing in this process ever works smoothly and the medical was true to form. My step-daughter's medical results were not released in time to catch her flight and they missed it. I called the travel agent and made arrangements for another night's stay (now five nights for a two day medical) in Manila. I then realized that their flights had to be changed before the time of her flight or she would lose the ticket and no refund. They were still in SLEC with no end in sight so they can't leave to go to a ticket office. Yikes!!! I called the call center for Cebu Pacific and explained the situation of why my mother-in-law could not make the change herself. Luckily, they did the rebooking over the phone with just my request. My mother-in-law was able to get the results released from St. Luke's and then went to the ticket office in Robinson's mall to pay the change penalty on their ticket. Whew!!! (Sigh of relief)

Anyways....I just wanted to recommend Asiatravel.com to everyone. Those people are the best. Everytime I called them to say that we needed to add another night, they were always friendly and helpful. Normally, they send a payment voucher via email for the traveler to present at the hotel as proof of payment. Since it was such short notice for the changes, they just said that they would take care of everything with the hotel and not to worry about going to a cafe to print the voucher. They are so nice and their rates are good too. They even have a USA 1-800 number you can call them with so there are no international long distance charges.

Ok....take care everyone. I will post more after the interview.

Scott

Skeeter,

Thanks for the prayers and to all VJers as well. My daughter's chest x-ray is clear so I think it was the BCG that did it. The immunization went fast for my daughter and my medical results were released few minutes after I dropped my receipt to counter A, however, my daughter's result took an hour or so...they were editing it they said. Well, medical is behind us now, this is the greatest hurdle I have I must say, the interview is just a one foot tall hurdle... :blush::yes: all we have to do is be true and be the best of what we are. Goodluck to to you guys, I will post again in here after the interview. Ours will be on March 11.

Married 05-23-08

AOS/EAD/AP:

Removing of Conditions:

Naturalization:

Thank you!

Thanks.

Scott

Yes, the doctor will ask for the baby immunization record. I don't know what happens if you don't have it but it certainly will make the medical process for your baby smooth and faster if you have her records as they will just refer to it and will determine right there and then what vaccines are appropriate. I saw some kids as young as your kid who went for xray after being positive in skin test so the answer is yes, she will have it if the test says positive. My daughter is 1-0 years old.

Married 05-23-08

AOS/EAD/AP:

Removing of Conditions:

Naturalization:

Thank you!

Thanks.

Scott

Don't worry....it's frustrating, but its safe. You should bring any immunization records you have for your child to the medical. If you are missing any for them or you, then they will give it there as part of the medical. You can refuse vaccination during the medical, but you will need them anyway before you adjust status or you child starts school, so you might as well get them there as its included in the cost you're paying for the fee. We skipped it because of the time limits we had, but I would recommend getting them there.

The BCG is not part of the medical at SLEC. Some children in the Philippines were given the BCG vaccine there, but not all. They give a PPD skin test for kids at the medical in place of a chest xray. As long as they have a negative results in the skin test, they will not have to get an xray. If the skin test is positive, then a chest xray will be ordered to determine if the child has active TB.

My step-daughter is 7 years old. I don't really know about the safety of a chest x-ray at their age, but I guess its okay or they would not require it. I am sure its avoided as its not the best thing for a child, but it's not life threatening.

Hope that answers your questions.

Scott

thank you scott ..i feel good now

wait.jpg

USCIS

CR1 Filers:

NVC

USEM

STATUS

DEPARTURE

Yes, the doctor will ask for the baby immunization record. I don't know what happens if you don't have it but it certainly will make the medical process for your baby smooth and faster if you have her records as they will just refer to it and will determine right there and then what vaccines are appropriate. I saw some kids as young as your kid who went for xray after being positive in skin test so the answer is yes, she will have it if the test says positive. My daughter is 1-0 years old.

Gosh, I have my daughter's immunization record but i couldn't find my son's record, i only have the baby book with immunization schedule but he didn't have some of those scheduled immunization.. he (both of them) only had what was given free by the health center and i lost his the health center record card :(

do you think it will be ok if i tell them my son received every immunization that his "ate" had? did anybody expereince not bringing immunization record for their child? how did it go?

thank you again to those that will share.

ROC

N-400

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Gosh, I have my daughter's immunization record but i couldn't find my son's record, i only have the baby book with immunization schedule but he didn't have some of those scheduled immunization.. he (both of them) only had what was given free by the health center and i lost his the health center record card :(

do you think it will be ok if i tell them my son received every immunization that his "ate" had? did anybody expereince not bringing immunization record for their child? how did it go?

thank you again to those that will share.

one thing to remember. vaccinations are not required for the K-1/K-2 visa to be issued. however, they are required for AOS. If you have no vaccination records for your son, the doctor will probably let you decide if you want any given that are appropriate for the age of your son. any vaccinations you have records for or those that are given at St. Lukes, will be enter on a DS-3025 by the doctor.

http://www.visa-talk.com/DOC/Medical-forms/DS3025.pdf I doubt the doctor will enter that the vaccinations have been taken in the past without any vaccination records.

in our situation, my wife couldn't find our daughter's vaccination records. we decided to have her retake the vacinnations at St Lukes since they are included in the cost of the medical. since some vaccinations are in a series, it also saved some time by having them started at St Lukes.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

one thing to remember. vaccinations are not required for the K-1/K-2 visa to be issued. however, they are required for AOS. If you have no vaccination records for your son, the doctor will probably let you decide if you want any given that are appropriate for the age of your son. any vaccinations you have records for or those that are given at St. Lukes, will be enter on a DS-3025 by the doctor.

http://www.visa-talk.com/DOC/Medical-forms/DS3025.pdf I doubt the doctor will enter that the vaccinations have been taken in the past without any vaccination records.

in our situation, my wife couldn't find our daughter's vaccination records. we decided to have her retake the vacinnations at St Lukes since they are included in the cost of the medical. since some vaccinations are in a series, it also saved some time by having them started at St Lukes.

I guess, i may just have to let them give my son all the vaccination available and appropriate for him... Thanks Roy and Yazi.

ROC

N-400

Hi All.....

Well my step-daughter's K-2 interview is done and all seems well. She was given a pink slip and her appointment letter and told to pay Delbros for the visa delivery anyway. It's funny because I asked my mother-in-law about the approval and according to her....the Consul told her the "petition" is approved. I said, "Petition?" She said, "Yes...the petition is approved." Mir told her the petition was approved long ago, but we hope the Visa is now approved." She replied again, "Yes...the petition is approved." :lol: Since she was given a slip and told to go pay Delbros, I guess that's a good sign. :thumbs::dance::thumbs::dance::thumbs: She did not ask if the document verification was complete, so we are not sure if the visa will come right away or be delayed like others have been for the document verification. We're just happy to know she is approved and will get her visa.

As far as the interview, they arrived way too early at 5am at the gates. They had to wait and wait and finally Krrystal's Lola heard the gaurd call for 7am appointments. She proceeded to fall into the line. Only problem was that when she reached the gaurd, he pointed to her appointment time of 7:30am in the letter and told her she cannot go inside yet. She was finally allowed inside to get her seat after they called the 7:30am appointments.

At the pre-screener, the asked for my I-134 and taxes/w-2 forms, Krrystal's birth certificate, and some photographs of us together, which she gave them. One note on the birth certificate, she provided them with a copy first and he asked for original. She gave him the original and he returned the copy. She never got the original back. Not sure if that was an embassy mistake or what, but I thought only a copy was required as long as you brought the original to view. They asked a few more questions about me and where Krrystal's mother was located. Then she waited for the Consul interview.

At the Consul interview, they asked some of the same questions about where Mir is located and if we are married already. They asked Krrystal her age and then asked her birth date. She told them, "June 4, 2008". :lol:

The interview was short and sweet as usual and then the Consul told her that the "petition" was approved. They went out and waited to be called to the final window. Then they were told to go to pay Delbros, which they did.

Krrystal is so happy now and asks her mother if she will come get her now. It's so hard to tell her to be patient because they miss each other so much. We just tried to tell her that it will be soon, but that is not soon enough for her. We plan on keeping Mir's arrival back to the PI to get Krrystal a secret till she will walk in the door of the house. I can only imagine the look on Krrystal's face on the date of the happy reunion. It can't come quick enough for both of them.

Ok...time to get ready for work. Take care and God bless.

Scott

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-Biometrics

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.