Gradie and Jane

Is travel order really required by the DFA who are Gov't employee

7 posts in this topic

:help::help::help: I need a quick answer... Is there anyone here who are currently working in the goverment agency? Because I am a high school goverment teacher, then our Superindent did not signed my Travel Order which somebody told me that if I dont have this one i will be trapped by the DFA at the airport... is this true? I am on leave without pay since December and My superindent told me better to resign or go back to work now.... :crying::crying::crying: Because goverment teacher are not allowed now to travel abroad :crying: what will i do.... ? I need to go and leave Pinas for the meantime this coming March 8 coz i have already now my ticket.... :help::help::help:

janerevised043.jpg

janeandhernewcar001-1.jpg

:help::help::help: I need a quick answer... Is there anyone here who are currently working in the goverment agency? Because I am a high school goverment teacher, then our Superindent did not signed my Travel Order which somebody told me that if I dont have this one i will be trapped by the DFA at the airport... is this true? I am on leave without pay since December and My superindent told me better to resign or go back to work now.... :crying::crying::crying: Because goverment teacher are not allowed now to travel abroad :crying: what will i do.... ? I need to go and leave Pinas for the meantime this coming March 8 coz i have already now my ticket.... :help::help::help:

maybe your superintendent has relatives/friends waiting for your position to be vacated and is pressuring you to do so. as far as i know, Travel Orders are for gov't employees who are traveling on tourist visas.

N-400

March 21, 2014 - Application sent thru Expressmail

March 25, 2014 - Received/Priority Date

March 26, 2014 - Check cashed

March 27, 2014 - Notice Date

April 2, 2014 - Notice for Biometrics Appointment thru email

Aprill 22, 2014 - Biometrics

April 24, 2014 - In line for interview

August 25, 2014-Scheduled for Interview

September 30, 2014 - Interview and Oath-Taking :joy:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Show another id which is not a government id. I used to work in the government when I was still there in the Philippines. My co-workers went to to Macau to visit some relatives. They didnt not show their employee id and they were not asked anything by the immigration officer. One of my co-worker who went to singapore that showed her employee id was delayed because she can't provide travel order. She needed to get one from the president of the company in order to leave the country.

Edited by raquel_1208

05/18/07 married

05/29/07 sent I-130s for me & my daughter at CSC

06/16/07 checks for I-130 cashed

06/19/07 sent I-129F not waiting for noa1 but with printed online copies of checks cashed

06/25/07 check for I-129f cashed

06/29/07 transferred I-129f to CSC

07/03/07 received noa1 in the mail for I-129f

10/31/07 approved K3 and my I-130 except for my daughter

11/05/07 received NOA2 in the mail

12/01/07 received mail from NVC/yey we got our case number

12/20/07 went to St. Lukes and had my early medical exam

01/30/08 schedule for medical

02/07/08 interview, approved!

02/12/08 visa pick-up/cfo

02/14/08 POE-LAX

06/19/08 AOS mailed thru USPS

06/22/08 AOS delivered to Chicago IL

06/28/08 check cashed

06/30/08 received NOA1 dated 06/25/08

07/26/08 biometrics appointment

09/09/08 received EAD card in the mail

12/03/08 received interview letter for Jan 21 2009

01/21/09 approved for conditional permanent residence

02/02/09 permanent residence card arrived in the mail

10/21/10 submit form to remove conditions

01/21/11 10 year gc received

03/05/12 mailed my N-400

03/06/12 received email that they have my N-400

04/05/12 biometrics

dont tell the immigration officer that you are a government employee. tell them that you are in the private sector when asked and state in the embarkation card as such. otherwise, the immigration officer will ask you to present you travel clearance.

CR-1

02/08/2007 NOA1

06/22/2007 NOA2 (case approved)

10/12/2007 CASE COMPLETE

11/08/2007 CASE FORWARDED TO USEM

12/06/2007 INTERVIEW *** APPROVED!!!***

12/10/2007 VISA ON HAND

12/17/2007 CFO seminar

12/22/2007 MNL to SFO via PAL

USA

12/22/2007 ARRIVED SFO

12/27/2007 ISSUED SSN

01/10/2008 RECEIVED WELCOME NOTICE

01/12/2008 RECEIVED PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD

01/23/2008 SSA MAILED SSN

01/26/2008 RECEIVED SSN

I-751

09/21/2009 MAILED I-751

09/23/2009 RECEIVED BY USCIS

09/26/2009 NOA1

10/16/2009 EARLY BIOMETRICS

10/22/2009 APPOINTMENT BIOMETRICS

10/20/2009 APPROVED

I work in a government office too and I filed my vacation leave on the period I will not be working. It was signed by my boss with no problems at all. I don't understand why you need to secure a Travel Order. The way I understand, TOs are required for government personnel who will travel on Official Business. What's your Travel Order for? :unsure:

"...when I found the one my heart loves, I held him and would not let him go..." - Song of Solomon 3:4

View my wedding photo slideshow

Visit my blog "Filipina In America"

Check out some articles I wrote

I work in a government office too and I filed my vacation leave on the period I will not be working. It was signed by my boss with no problems at all. I don't understand why you need to secure a Travel Order. The way I understand, TOs are required for government personnel who will travel on Official Business. What's your Travel Order for? :unsure:

nikmia, prettyfacenbody,racquel, ez ......thank you for the reply.

Im am just hoping now that our Rieonal director in Region XII will sign my travel order. Yes I am now on leave with out pay.... Yesterday , I've talked with the Superindent she showed to me the Department Of Education Policy on Traveling Abroad (Official and Personal). Yes It is really indicated there that any government teachers are required to present TO.Thanks God my Superintendent signed my TO but with a waiver if I will not go back to work on June 2008 I resign and vacate my item. Now, im still praying for the signature of our Regional Director. Pls include me in your prayer for this :help::help::help:

janerevised043.jpg

janeandhernewcar001-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Hi Jane,

I too work for a government agency and it so happen that the gov't agency Im with

is really strict with the travel order. I asked our "personnel" (Office of the Court Admin)regarding

this and I guess they gave me the "protocol" answer which is like to get a T.O before

travelling outside the country.

Well, one co-worker almost missed her flight to US last year due to that T.O. however

like what the other vjers advised you as long as you will not divulge where you're connected

at, you will probably not be bothered.

The best of luck to you and i wish you a happy trip!

Peewee

Edited by mike_n_peewee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.