amrssnowangel

TAKING EVIDENCE TO EMBASSY INTERVIEW...

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

How did everyone carry their evidence into the interview? We have sooo much. In Cairo especially...are we allowed a carry case? box? How did your SO carry all your evidence. How much did you take? Did you take it all? Or just a sample as in the original petition? Any help/advice is appreciated.

Filed: Timeline

My husband took a small photo album containing about 60 photos and some chat and phone records. The CO briefly looked at the photos (after some pushing on husband's part).

I really don't think going overboard with the evidence is really necessary. I think what is more important than the amount of evidence is having your fiance insist that the CO actually look at what he brought.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We had everything in a 3 ring binder and had everything sectioned off and labeled so it would be easy to find. We carried everything in a backpack, which they did look through thorougly as we walked into the embassy.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband kept separate folders..one for cellphone bills, one for chat logs, one for my ticket receipts and then he had the photo album that I made. The CO didn't want to see any of it.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

yes u can take back packs and they will check in the door of the embassy. wish you interview will go smooth and will get his visa very soon . have nice time in Egypt

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

and i think the evidence not by the amount i think u can take sample from each type will be fine

i guess they dont have time to look at every thing sample will be ok

Timeline
the most important ur original divorce papers and ur trips ticket and some pics and phone logs and letters

I have all that...thanks so much....I was thinking of a 3" binder with 2 sided copies of most. I only printed out the first page of each chat due to the length and paper it would involve. (we'd need a truck other wise) So just enough to prove we were in contact, continued our relationship and for any additional meetings. We dont' have a lot of pictures together...but its because we both hate having our photos taken. But we do have some and trip pics as well. Ok, so a sample of everything organized and easy to find...(even if with paper clips and baggies...lol) and take the rest to him IN CASE they ask for more....is that it???

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
the most important ur original divorce papers and ur trips ticket and some pics and phone logs and letters

I have all that...thanks so much....I was thinking of a 3" binder with 2 sided copies of most. I only printed out the first page of each chat due to the length and paper it would involve. (we'd need a truck other wise) So just enough to prove we were in contact, continued our relationship and for any additional meetings. We dont' have a lot of pictures together...but its because we both hate having our photos taken. But we do have some and trip pics as well. Ok, so a sample of everything organized and easy to find...(even if with paper clips and baggies...lol) and take the rest to him IN CASE they ask for more....is that it???

Yeah I wouldn't bring too much. Your interview will be ten, fifteen minutes tops and will be conducted through a window...kind of like a cashier's window. Not like you'll be sitting in an office examining everything. When are you leaving for Cairo?

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

Yeah I wouldn't bring too much. Your interview will be ten, fifteen minutes tops and will be conducted through a window...kind of like a cashier's window. Not like you'll be sitting in an office examining everything. When are you leaving for Cairo?

In 11 days...March 3, and I can't wait. We are soo nervous. Scared to death of the reputation of this Embassy and long AP's. Im expecting one, he is not. He feels with our long history together...waiting 8 months to decide to marry, 5 visits...that it will over shadow our age gap...I sure hope so.

I sent him a virtual gift...hehehe..they are fun..its a suitcase of money to take to the interview with us...LOL...maybe get visa THAT day??? KIDDING....but it was funny......

Exactly...I think I read somewhere...to put a bit in the initial petition..take a sample with you...and then you still have somewhere to go if they ask for more after interview...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

In 11 days...March 3, and I can't wait. We are soo nervous. Scared to death of the reputation of this Embassy and long AP's. Im expecting one, he is not. He feels with our long history together...waiting 8 months to decide to marry, 5 visits...that it will over shadow our age gap...I sure hope so.

I sent him a virtual gift...hehehe..they are fun..its a suitcase of money to take to the interview with us...LOL...maybe get visa THAT day??? KIDDING....but it was funny......

Exactly...I think I read somewhere...to put a bit in the initial petition..take a sample with you...and then you still have somewhere to go if they ask for more after interview...

My SOs interview is the sameeee day, Tell him Syd loves him.

Myheartwillgoon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.