marie007

what is choice of agent???

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all;

I am canadian, my husband American. We met in March 2006, married on June 16 2007. We have received notice of approval. The thing I don't understand is, I received a letter mail to me (Visa applicant) from NVC in Portsmouth, N.H..The question is what does "if my intention is to adjust status with Citizen and immigration services? mean?I am to move where my husband is. We fill out the 130 and the 129 that was needed.Also should I name myself as agent? I am willing to do so. My husband didn't photo copy the forms like I ask him to.. grrrrr. You know the bios and the 129 and the 130. we are aplying for the CR1. I would rather be the agent to receive the mail as my loving husband sometimes misplaces things.. hmmm.lol. man, this stuff is so hard to understnd, I spent months learning all this, and now i can't seem to recall the term status of adjusment. I just want the least expensive and easiest way and also )ahem) the fastest.Don't want much .huh?Please and thanks all to who responds. Marie

Timeline

Hi :) I am also Cdn married to USCitizen and going the CR1 route. I chose myself as agent and was then sent copies of notices, requests for this and that etc etc. My husband also received copies and of course he got things quicker than I did because of mine having to cross the border into canada. You can't lose by naming yourself as agent. Good luck with everything!

Timeline
Hi :) I am also Cdn married to USCitizen and going the CR1 route. I chose myself as agent and was then sent copies of notices, requests for this and that etc etc. My husband also received copies and of course he got things quicker than I did because of mine having to cross the border into canada. You can't lose by naming yourself as agent. Good luck with everything!

Hello there Karen!!! Awww thanks. If you don't mind me asking where are you in Canada? I am in New-Brunswick... brrrrrrr ya know. Marie.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.