moosestang

NO PACKET 4 YET

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance had her early medical and before she wet i paid 18 dollars to call the embassy and ask them to send over packet 4 to st lukes so she could pick it up. But the man at the embassy told me that she had to request it. So she went requested it and they never sent it over to her. So now what ? She downloaded the forms from the state deparment the DS156 DS156K DS157. But the problem is that she didnt get the packet 4 yet and i heard that she cant get in for her interview without the appointment letter from the embassy. The only appointment letter that we have is the one that the embassy sent me. So can she just go without an appointment letter or can i send her the one they sent me that way she can use it. The only problem i see with that is that it has my home address on it. NEED HELP interview in 2 weeks. Let me know if anyone had this problem before THANKS .

Section 4.6 of the Manila Embassy K1 Visa guide states

If the Manila Embassy does NOT mail the beneficiary a copy of Packet 4 and the Appointment Letter, then call SLEC and request to pick them up at SLEC (it should be available after 2 - 3 business days from the date of the request for the Manila Embassy to delivery the package to SLEC). Before proceeding with the request to pick up Packet 4 and the Appointment Letter from SLEC, please validate whether the appointments have been set by either calling the USE (Section 4.3), calling DOS (Section 4.4), or checking the Visa Interview Appointments website (Section 4.5). Please take a copy of the NOA2, a copy of the NVC letter (which should have the beneficiary's Manila case number on it), and a print-out of the scheduled appointment dates from the Visa Interview Appointments website during the SLEC visit to pick up Packet 4 and the Appointment Letter.

My Visa Journey

Removal of Conditions

03/11/11 - Sent I-751

03/14/11 - I-751 Received

03/14/11 - NOA

04/13/11 - Biometrics

05/31/11 - Approved!

06/04/11 - 10 Year Green Card Received!

AOS

07/13/08 - Wedding

08/13/08 - Sent AOS

08/19/08 - NOA for AOS and EAD

11/21/08 - EAD Received (100 days)

04/14/09 - Interview (224 days)

04/25/09 - Green Card Received!

I-129F

09/13/07 - Sent I-129F

11/06/07 - NOA1 (54 days)

02/04/08 - NOA2 (144 days)

04/16/08 - Interview! (216 days)

04/29/08 - Visa delayed.

05/12/08 - Visa on hand! (242 days)

05/20/08 - US Entry

hvV4m7.png

My fiance had her early medical and before she wet i paid 18 dollars to call the embassy and ask them to send over packet 4 to st lukes so she could pick it up. But the man at the embassy told me that she had to request it. So she went requested it and they never sent it over to her. So now what ? She downloaded the forms from the state deparment the DS156 DS156K DS157. But the problem is that she didnt get the packet 4 yet and i heard that she cant get in for her interview without the appointment letter from the embassy. The only appointment letter that we have is the one that the embassy sent me. So can she just go without an appointment letter or can i send her the one they sent me that way she can use it. The only problem i see with that is that it has my home address on it. NEED HELP interview in 2 weeks. Let me know if anyone had this problem before THANKS .

Hi there,

The appointment letter is very important on the day of the interview. This is why she needs to get the appointment letter contained in the packet addressed in her name. I haven't received my packet 4 also because of problem with out-of-area delivery. What I did was call up the embassy last week and requested for the packet to be forwarded to SLEC so I can pick it up instead on the day of my medical exam. When I read your post I was reminded about it and made a call to St. Luke's to follow-up if the packet is ready for pick-up. And I'm thankful that indeed it is! My question is how did your fiancee made the request for the packet? I think phone call is the best method coz it's fast. I suggest that your fiancee calls the USEM and request for the packet delivery to SLEC and she can pick it up from there and have her appointment letter ready for the interview. I made the call on 02/13/08 and as per inquiry today, my packet is ready for pick-up. You still have time to do it. Goodluck! :thumbs:

"...when I found the one my heart loves, I held him and would not let him go..." - Song of Solomon 3:4

View my wedding photo slideshow

Visit my blog "Filipina In America"

Check out some articles I wrote

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

as qouted from http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwh3023.html

If you have been scheduled for an interview, but you have not yet received the appointment package from the Embassy or the National Visa Center (NVC), you may download the appropriate appointment package by clicking on the links below:

Fiance(e) (K1) Visa Applicant Appointment Packet

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.