Mia Sav

visa pick-up a better choice?

3 posts in this topic

I’d like to ask for opinions regarding my concern. I’ll be having my interview in March 12 and if everything goes well, I will be issued the visa few days after the interview. Since I encountered a problem with delivery of my packet 4 due to out of area delivery, I’m thinking about handing out a request letter for visa pick-up during the interview and wait few more days in Manila to pick-up the visa instead of waiting for it to be delivered to my home address. I called up Delbros in Manila today and asked them about delivery to provincial towns in Cebu. The lady who answered told me they have Delbros branch in Cebu City though she didn’t assure me that the visa will surely be delivered. I’m worried about this because I read posts that Delbros returned the visa back to the embassy if they are unable to locate the address. I’d like to fly out to the US first week of April and I know still have time to get everything ready. Is visa pick-up a better option (this means I will stay longer in Manila which will add up to my expenses) or should I wait for the visa to be delivered to me in the province? How long does it take for the embassy to notify that visa is ready for pick-up and if I don’t opt for visa pick-up how long it take for visa to be delivered by Delbros to provincial towns in Cebu? :help:

"...when I found the one my heart loves, I held him and would not let him go..." - Song of Solomon 3:4

View my wedding photo slideshow

Visit my blog "Filipina In America"

Check out some articles I wrote

You can request for visa pick-up after your interview with the consul.. Either the consul will say yes or no.

But you can also have your visa delivered to the hotel you will be staying in. Just give the exact room number, hotel name and address. That's what my friend did. Good luck.

Julie

You were never a mistake. You were my realization.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

we have the same problem. We really don't want to have to stay in Manila longer than we have to.... Its a hard decision for us aswell. maybe some other couples that have had their visas delivered to cebu can chime in.

Mid-June filer, Mid-July NOA1 :(...

6/21/07 - I-129F Sent : transferred to CSC at some point...

7/12/07 - Received date as shown on NOA1 Hardcopy

7/18/07 - NOA1

7/21/07 - Check FINALLY Cashed!!!

7/24/07 - Finally got receipt number off the back of cancelled check!

11/23/07 - Our first ever touch!

11/27/07 - Touched on website

11/28/07 - NOA2!!!!!!!!

I-129f was approved in 160 days from your filing date.

12/21/07 - Received at NVC and assigned case number!

12/27/07 - Case forwarded to USEM

01/04/07 - Case received by USEM

02/25/08 - Scheduled St. Luke's Medical Appointment 7:00 AM

03/03/08 - Interview at USEM APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.