rubyred

NEW ZEALANDers heading to the US and their USC spouses - POST HERE!

2,284 posts in this topic

Well I had to go back to the doctors because they found I wasn't immunized against measles or mumps... so now the medical is officially over, almost $500 later! Did it cost that much for any of you??

I also forgot to sign the police clearance form (whoops) and I only just received it back in the mail on Saturday. I couriered it to the consulate today although seeing as my interview is on Thursday, I doubt they're going to get it back from the police in time anyways. Should I contact them to reschedule my interview or do I just wait and see what happens?

Congrats on getting the medical done and that all went well :thumbs: the medical cost me $125, then $50 for tetanus (like Kim, i had to have one aswell), $80 for xrays and $31 for blood test. So in total $286!

Very best wishes with your interview this week!! let us know how you get on!! :)

I had the titre test done, which was a couple of hundred plus, but it did show all i had to have was the tetanus. I got mine at my doctor after the lab results were back, so I got it for 10$

Wishing you luck for the interview! We will be waiting to hear back :thumbs:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi everyone!

So, I filed our I-129f about a month ago, and I was just wondering if you all have any advice about things my SO might be able to get a jump on to makes things easier once we get our NOA2 and things start rolling.... He's in Christchurch, so getting to Auckland to do anything before he's there for the interview is a bit of a mission, but if you have any advice about things we should start getting underway, it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Megan

I-129F

6 Nov 2009: NOA1

2 March 2010: NOA2 (116 days)

14 April 2010: Interview (159 days) Approved!!

30 April 2010: Married!

AoS

18 May 2010: NOA1 for AoS, EAD and AP

8 June 2010: Case transferred to CSC

10 June 2010: Biometrics completed

31 July 2010: EAD and AP received!

9 Sept. 2010: RFE email for AoS

(RFE for medical. We replied with letter stating that it's not required since done overseas within one year)

18 January 2010: Interview - passed! Card production ordered!

Hi everyone!

So, I filed our I-129f about a month ago, and I was just wondering if you all have any advice about things my SO might be able to get a jump on to makes things easier once we get our NOA2 and things start rolling.... He's in Christchurch, so getting to Auckland to do anything before he's there for the interview is a bit of a mission, but if you have any advice about things we should start getting underway, it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Megan

He can have his medical in Christchurch, which is good. He could make sure he has a copy of his vaccinations record ready for that. I am trying to remember what I did and when, but our case ended up in AP for nearly 8 weeks so I had a bit of extra time to kill. I know I assembled things like email printouts, and chat logs, evidence of an ongoing relationship sort of thing. I probably lugged 10 pounds of paper in to my interview :blush:

Below is the listing for the doc in Christchurch, from the Embassy link :)

CHRISTCHURCH:

Dr. Wilson / Dr. Brown (03) 366 0235 248 High Street, High St Mall

Medical Center, National Mutual Arcade

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Hi everyone!

Megan

He can have his medical in Christchurch, which is good. He could make sure he has a copy of his vaccinations record ready for that. I am trying to remember what I did and when, but our case ended up in AP for nearly 8 weeks so I had a bit of extra time to kill. I know I assembled things like email printouts, and chat logs, evidence of an ongoing relationship sort of thing. I probably lugged 10 pounds of paper in to my interview :blush:

Below is the listing for the doc in Christchurch, from the Embassy link :)

CHRISTCHURCH:

Dr. Wilson / Dr. Brown (03) 366 0235 248 High Street, High St Mall

Medical Center, National Mutual Arcade

Thanks, cdneh! I'll make sure he hunts down that vaccination record.

I-129F

6 Nov 2009: NOA1

2 March 2010: NOA2 (116 days)

14 April 2010: Interview (159 days) Approved!!

30 April 2010: Married!

AoS

18 May 2010: NOA1 for AoS, EAD and AP

8 June 2010: Case transferred to CSC

10 June 2010: Biometrics completed

31 July 2010: EAD and AP received!

9 Sept. 2010: RFE email for AoS

(RFE for medical. We replied with letter stating that it's not required since done overseas within one year)

18 January 2010: Interview - passed! Card production ordered!

Hey guys, well I've been conditionally approved pending my police report clearance, which I'm sure will be fine lol.

There was a loooooot of waiting around! The lady who gathered my documents was really lovely, and I think I actually spoke to the interviewer man for about 5 minutes, he just asked me the regular questions - how we met, how many times we've met in person, what he does over there, what I do over here, what our families think, etc.

So hopefully I'll have my passport back with my visa in it sometime next week :)

Hey guys, well I've been conditionally approved pending my police report clearance, which I'm sure will be fine lol.

There was a loooooot of waiting around! The lady who gathered my documents was really lovely, and I think I actually spoke to the interviewer man for about 5 minutes, he just asked me the regular questions - how we met, how many times we've met in person, what he does over there, what I do over here, what our families think, etc.

So hopefully I'll have my passport back with my visa in it sometime next week :)

Congratulations!!! Excellent news! I was wondering how it went :dance::thumbs:

Have you decided when you are traveling yet?

Thankyouuuuu!!! :D I brought heaps of evidence with me like chat logs and photos and emails, but he didn't ask to see any of it, which I took to be a good thing. Although I don't think I'll feel truly relieved until I have the visa in my hot little hand! lol

I'll be leaving NZ around late March/early April as that's when my SO can come over during his spring break and have me go back with him. It gives me a few months time to save up as much money as possible and spend plenty of time with my friends and family before I go, because we won't be able to afford to come back for a while :(

Is it getting really cold where you are? Auckland has been having this awful humid and overcast weather, but definitely isn't feeling like summer yet!

Congratulations!!!! :dance::star::dance::star::dance:

Which state will you live in usa? I'm in California and it is getting a little chilly in the evenings and early mornings now but still have lovely sunny days. :)

ROC

06/01/2011 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

06/02/2011 - Package arrived and signed for at CSC

06/02/2011 - NOA receipt date

06/06/2011 - Check cashed

06/07/2011 - NOA arrived in the mail

06/15/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/11/2011 - Biometrics appointment

02/02/2012 - Phoned USCIS and put in a service request

02/08/2012 - Email from USCIS confirming my request

02/11/2012 - Letter from USCIS - says i should receive news within 30 days

03/14/2012 - Phoned USCIS again. 30 days has passed. no news. Took details again.

03/15/2012 -Received letter from USCIS - have to go to interview April 24th

04/24/2012 - Interview and ROC approved!!

05/07/2012 - Received email, card production ordered

05/11/2012 - Green card arrived

N-400

06/22/2012 - Mailed N-400 package to Phoenix/AZ Lockbox

06/26/2012 - NOA date

06/28/2012 - Check cashed

06/29/2012 - NOA arrived in the mail

07/02/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in mail

07/19/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/30/2012 - Received text +email. Application placed in line for interview

07/30/2012 - Received text +email in evening - interview letter sent

08/03/2012 - Received interview letter

09/19/2012 - Interview - passed interview/test!!

10/24/2012 - Oath Ceremony!

Congratulations!!!! :dance::star::dance::star::dance:

Which state will you live in usa? I'm in California and it is getting a little chilly in the evenings and early mornings now but still have lovely sunny days. :)

Lucky you! I'm in Virginia..and out side of sun yesterday we have had nothing but rain and cold temps :yes:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Thankyouuuuu!!! :D I brought heaps of evidence with me like chat logs and photos and emails, but he didn't ask to see any of it, which I took to be a good thing. Although I don't think I'll feel truly relieved until I have the visa in my hot little hand! lol

I'll be leaving NZ around late March/early April as that's when my SO can come over during his spring break and have me go back with him. It gives me a few months time to save up as much money as possible and spend plenty of time with my friends and family before I go, because we won't be able to afford to come back for a while :(

Is it getting really cold where you are? Auckland has been having this awful humid and overcast weather, but definitely isn't feeling like summer yet!

Well done, told you it would be ok :thumbs::dance:

I'm in Arkansas and it's been cold, there was snow in West Little Rock today, but just rain and freezing winds where I am, about an hour north from there. Overnight lows for the next week are as low as -4 :devil: I'm hoping it snows here....................where are you going to be over here?

Our Timeline

AOS

February 23rd 2009 AOS sent in

March 7th 2009 NOA1 Received for EAD & AP

March 9th 2009 NOA1 Received for I-485 & Biometric Apt

March 17th 2009 RFE for Tax & Employment evidence

March 20th 2009 Biometric Apt

March 27th 2009 Sent back RFE

May 7th 2009 Called to give them a rev up!!

June 8th 2009 Still nothing!!!! - put in a service request for EAP & AP

June 10th 2009 Case status finally avaiable online for EAD & AP

June 10th 2009 EAD card production ordered

June 10th 2009 AP approval notice sent

FUNNY WHAT A PHONE CALL WILL DO.......

June 16th 2009 AP Received In mail!!!

June 17th 2009 EAD card production status changed to 17th June

June 19th 2009 EAD Mailed out

June 22nd 2009 EAD Received in mail!!!

July 14th 2009 I-485 finally online and transfered to California!!!!!

July 22nd 2009 Touch

July 31st 2009 Touch

August 3rd 2009 Touch

August 13th 2009 GC Card Production Ordered

August 17th 2009 Received "Welcome to the U.S." letter

August 22nd 2009 Received Green Card in the mail

June 6th 2011 ROC package sent off to VSC

June 13th 2011 NOA1 Letter

July 28th 2011 Biometrics

February 28th 2012 10yr GC Approval Letter

Oh wow we're all going to be really spread out - I'll be in Washington state, I love it there, reminds me a lot of NZ. My SO's town is about a 3 hour drive southeast of Seattle and is a hell of a lot drier than the rest of Washington - 300 days of sunshine a year though! I love the consistency about that because the weather changes every hour in Akld and it's driving me nuts :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hey congrats on passing your interview Zeddess! Not long to go now :D

I have a friend who lives in Washington state, in a place called Port Angeles :) I'm in Olathe, Kansas. I looove our apartment, and I am actually dreading going to work now cos I love being in it so much hehe! We went for a walk tonight and it was 0C!!! ZERO! Can't wait til it snows! The first time is always the best I think hehe.

Kelly & Evan

K-1

07-30-08 Sent I-129F

08-01-08 Arrived at CSC

08-08-08 Check cashed

08-12-08 NOA1 sent

08-13-08 Touched!

08-18-08 NOA hard copy

12-17-08 NOA2 sent

01-19-09 Packet 3 sent

01-22-09 Medical

03-19-09 Interview! (both of us attended)

03-19-09 Approved!!!

08-07-09 POE LAX

09-18-09 Married!!!

AOS

10-14-09 Filed AOS

10-22-09 NOA hard copies

10-27-09 Touch

11-17-09 Touch

11-17-09 Transfer notice to CSC

11-23-09 Biometrics appointment

11-24-09 Touch

11-27-09 Touch

12-01-09 Touch

12-03-09 Touch

12-07-09 Work Permit approved!!!

12-21-09 Biometrics fingerprints AGAIN

12-30-09 RFE due to fingerprints being unreadable

01-04-09 Touch

01-26-09 Sent RFE back

02-12-09 GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!

I have a friend who lives in Washington state, in a place called Port Angeles :) I'm in Olathe, Kansas. I looove our apartment, and I am actually dreading going to work now cos I love being in it so much hehe! We went for a walk tonight and it was 0C!!! ZERO! Can't wait til it snows! The first time is always the best I think hehe.

Yay thanks! Whoa Kansas is a long way from the ocean! Do you ever miss it? I really want to go to Port Angeles because Twilight was filmed there hehe (shameful I know!)

Snow is awesome! It snowed in Richland, my SO's town, on Christmas day last year and it doesn't often snow there, so that was pretty neat, felt just like being in a sno-globe.

Where did you guys all live back in NZ? I can't wait to move from a big city to a small town ^_^

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Yay thanks! Whoa Kansas is a long way from the ocean! Do you ever miss it? I really want to go to Port Angeles because Twilight was filmed there hehe (shameful I know!)

Snow is awesome! It snowed in Richland, my SO's town, on Christmas day last year and it doesn't often snow there, so that was pretty neat, felt just like being in a sno-globe.

Where did you guys all live back in NZ? I can't wait to move from a big city to a small town ^_^

I lived in Auckland all my life (grew up in Mt Albert and later moved out south) and travelled to work in peak hour traffic, every day.

Between that and the months spent going through the immigration process, getting rid of all your stuff and leaving family behind, I felt pretty burnt out by the time I arrived here and was looking forward to life in a smaller town. Most of it has been really good and I've been here for a year now. But being in Searcy Arkansas, (a bit bigger than Pukekohe), I miss the ocean and I miss a bigger variety of shops, and being small town it's not so easy to get a job, but I don't miss the traffic one bit and the people all wave as they drive past you and they're all really friendly so it's not so bad. We'll be moving out west to Portland Oregon hopefully sometime next year mostly for the reason that it's climate is more like home and it's not too far from the ocean. I couldn't bear to do another summer here, the heat's unbearable!!! :wacko: We got -3 coming tonight and -5 on Friday night.....I'm really hoping for snow :dance:

Edited by Kim & Chris

Our Timeline

AOS

February 23rd 2009 AOS sent in

March 7th 2009 NOA1 Received for EAD & AP

March 9th 2009 NOA1 Received for I-485 & Biometric Apt

March 17th 2009 RFE for Tax & Employment evidence

March 20th 2009 Biometric Apt

March 27th 2009 Sent back RFE

May 7th 2009 Called to give them a rev up!!

June 8th 2009 Still nothing!!!! - put in a service request for EAP & AP

June 10th 2009 Case status finally avaiable online for EAD & AP

June 10th 2009 EAD card production ordered

June 10th 2009 AP approval notice sent

FUNNY WHAT A PHONE CALL WILL DO.......

June 16th 2009 AP Received In mail!!!

June 17th 2009 EAD card production status changed to 17th June

June 19th 2009 EAD Mailed out

June 22nd 2009 EAD Received in mail!!!

July 14th 2009 I-485 finally online and transfered to California!!!!!

July 22nd 2009 Touch

July 31st 2009 Touch

August 3rd 2009 Touch

August 13th 2009 GC Card Production Ordered

August 17th 2009 Received "Welcome to the U.S." letter

August 22nd 2009 Received Green Card in the mail

June 6th 2011 ROC package sent off to VSC

June 13th 2011 NOA1 Letter

July 28th 2011 Biometrics

February 28th 2012 10yr GC Approval Letter

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Yes Twilight was filmed there xD

I lived in Bucklands Beach, Auckland all my life until now. I miss Auckland, but I don't miss the ocean as much as I thought I would. I think I have adapted quite well to Kansas! However, we are thinking about eventually moving to San Francisco, similar climate to Auckland and way more jobs :)

Does anyone here plan on ever returning to NZ to live one day?

Kelly & Evan

K-1

07-30-08 Sent I-129F

08-01-08 Arrived at CSC

08-08-08 Check cashed

08-12-08 NOA1 sent

08-13-08 Touched!

08-18-08 NOA hard copy

12-17-08 NOA2 sent

01-19-09 Packet 3 sent

01-22-09 Medical

03-19-09 Interview! (both of us attended)

03-19-09 Approved!!!

08-07-09 POE LAX

09-18-09 Married!!!

AOS

10-14-09 Filed AOS

10-22-09 NOA hard copies

10-27-09 Touch

11-17-09 Touch

11-17-09 Transfer notice to CSC

11-23-09 Biometrics appointment

11-24-09 Touch

11-27-09 Touch

12-01-09 Touch

12-03-09 Touch

12-07-09 Work Permit approved!!!

12-21-09 Biometrics fingerprints AGAIN

12-30-09 RFE due to fingerprints being unreadable

01-04-09 Touch

01-26-09 Sent RFE back

02-12-09 GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.