rubyred

NEW ZEALANDers heading to the US and their USC spouses - POST HERE!

2,284 posts in this topic

Michelle...you are looking for this:

post-43347-1233627918_thumb.jpg

you're a godsend Kate, i'm 99.999% sure i sent that back :)

Well if it's been a decent length of time, shoot them an email and give them a rev up :)

AucklandIV@state.gov

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Has anyone successfully called the consulate from the US? I have been trying for the last hour and only getting the keypad selection runaround and then disconnects. I really need to ask them about the 2 Case #'s. Also, I dont believe Genna marked the package she sent for Dept., as there were no instructions to do so on the mailing address. :angry:

This part is soooo frustrating... I thought it would be sooooo easy after the 3 month California processing wait.

Has anyone successfully called the consulate from the US? I have been trying for the last hour and only getting the keypad selection runaround and then disconnects. I really need to ask them about the 2 Case #'s. Also, I dont believe Genna marked the package she sent for Dept., as there were no instructions to do so on the mailing address. :angry:

This part is soooo frustrating... I thought it would be sooooo easy after the 3 month California processing wait.

We've never called them from either end...but they do get back to email requests for info quite quickly..like in a couple of hours sometimes.

Thank you. I have sent off and Email. I am so stressed right now... not only worried that perhaps they are going to attach those forms to someone else case, but also that they may not even receive the forms. :unsure:

I can identify with the stress for sure. That's what is so great about this place...there is usually someone around who can help out, and knows just what it's like :thumbs:

Timeline

:dance: contract on house is now unconditional, all i need now is my appointment with dr stone on monday and my interview at the consulate :dance:

oh and i sent packet 3 back last tuesday, am i being too impatient?

Edited by Michelle.S

695090abmqwhjcu2.gif

K-1 Timeline

08-05-2008 Sent I-129F

08-14-2008 Arrived at Vermont

08-18-2008 Cheque cashed

08-21-2008 NOA1 received

12-10-2008 NOA2 received

12-17-2008 Package sent to Auckland Consulate

12-30-2008 Packet 3 received

01-27-2009 Packet 3 returned

02-03-2009 Packet 4 received

02-10-2009 Intervew - visa approved

03-14-2009 POE Los Angeles

03-25-2009 Married :)

07/22/2009 Work Permit received

ROC

11/18/2011 I-751 packet sent to Vermont

11/25/2011 I-751 packet received at USCIS Vermont

:dance: contract on house is now unconditional, all i need now is my appointment with dr stone on monday and my interview at the consulate :dance:

oh and i sent packet 3 back last tuesday, am i being too impatient?

Ye hawwwwww!!! Unconditional!!! I am So pleased for you !!!

Heck..I'd email em :) Where is my appointment!!!??? :dance::thumbs::dance:

Timeline

hehe i will, as soon as i get home, at my ex's at the moment

and YAY for you too on getting your passport/visa back so quickly

this is all so very exciting :)

695090abmqwhjcu2.gif

K-1 Timeline

08-05-2008 Sent I-129F

08-18-2008 Cheque cashed

08-21-2008 NOA1 received

12-10-2008 NOA2 received

ROC

hehe i will, as soon as i get home, at my ex's at the moment

and YAY for you too on getting your passport/visa back so quickly

this is all so very exciting :)

Amazing...I mean they did that so fast and I am so used to waiting...and waiting...and then a little more waiting.... :P

Timeline

YAY! I already got an Email back form the consulate. They cleared up the case # fiasco, received her paperwork, mailed us a reply, and scheduled her Interview for 9:15am on March 6th!

They are so freaking efficient! :thumbs:

Edited by Dave_n_Genna

Timeline
YAY! I already got an Email back form the consulate. They cleared up the case # fiasco, received her paperwork, mailed us a reply, and scheduled her Interview for 9:15am on March 6th!

yes they certainly are, had to move up my doctors appointment to tomorrow as my interview at the consulate in on tuesday 10th feb :D

695090abmqwhjcu2.gif

K-1 Timeline

08-05-2008 Sent I-129F

08-18-2008 Cheque cashed

08-21-2008 NOA1 received

12-10-2008 NOA2 received

ROC

Yay! They are SO good there compared to some you read about! Glad you got an answer and haven't got to stress over the multiple numbers thing!

:thumbs:

yes they certainly are, had to move up my doctors appointment to tomorrow as my interview at the consulate in on tuesday 10th feb :D

Wooo hoooo! Yes! :dance:

:wow: so much has been happening today! It's all systems go here!! great stuff!!! :thumbs:

cdneh: The package arrived soo fast!! Is your yellow/brown mysterious envelope all cellotaped up at the back?? Mine is sealed up like fort knox!! and has an official stamp over the cellotaped part. I have put it away in my back pack (that i usually take on the plane with me). That way i know it won't get misplaced. :star:

i wondered if you may be able to tell me what medical insurance you will use, when the time comes to get it please?. As all the plans i have looked at for new immigrants are like $600US for 6 months. Not sure if that is reasonable price to pay.

I went and changed up some money yesterday into US dollars. It was like 49cents US for every NZ dollar!! just shocking! last year it was almost 80cents. It's almost criminal to see how less one gets now for the dollar.

michelle: Congratulations on the contract of your house going unconditional!! :dance: yay!!! :dance: And WOW! every thing is full steam ahead now with the medical tomorrow and then the interview only days away!! Just wonderful!!! :D

Dave_N_Genna: The embassy are just fantastic!! They put in 110% effort to help everyone as quickly as possible. If there was a competition to see who the best USA embassy worldwide was, i think they would win it hands down!! :yes:

That's just terrific that you have a March 6th interview!!! :thumbs: Hope you will keep us posted on how everything goes! :)

ROC

06/01/2011 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

06/02/2011 - Package arrived and signed for at CSC

06/02/2011 - NOA receipt date

06/06/2011 - Check cashed

06/07/2011 - NOA arrived in the mail

06/15/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/11/2011 - Biometrics appointment

02/02/2012 - Phoned USCIS and put in a service request

02/08/2012 - Email from USCIS confirming my request

02/11/2012 - Letter from USCIS - says i should receive news within 30 days

03/14/2012 - Phoned USCIS again. 30 days has passed. no news. Took details again.

03/15/2012 -Received letter from USCIS - have to go to interview April 24th

04/24/2012 - Interview and ROC approved!!

05/07/2012 - Received email, card production ordered

05/11/2012 - Green card arrived

N-400

06/22/2012 - Mailed N-400 package to Phoenix/AZ Lockbox

06/26/2012 - NOA date

06/28/2012 - Check cashed

06/29/2012 - NOA arrived in the mail

07/02/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in mail

07/19/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/30/2012 - Received text +email. Application placed in line for interview

07/30/2012 - Received text +email in evening - interview letter sent

08/03/2012 - Received interview letter

09/19/2012 - Interview - passed interview/test!!

10/24/2012 - Oath Ceremony!

:wow: so much has been happening today! It's all systems go here!! great stuff!!! :thumbs:

cdneh: The package arrived soo fast!! Is your yellow/brown mysterious envelope all cellotaped up at the back?? Mine is sealed up like fort knox!! and has an official stamp over the cellotaped part. I have put it away in my back pack (that i usually take on the plane with me). That way i know it won't get misplaced. :star:

i wondered if you may be able to tell me what medical insurance you will use, when the time comes to get it please?. As all the plans i have looked at for new immigrants are like $600US for 6 months. Not sure if that is reasonable price to pay.

I went and changed up some money yesterday into US dollars. It was like 49cents US for every NZ dollar!! just shocking! last year it was almost 80cents. It's almost criminal to see how less one gets now for the dollar.

Sheesh I know! I only tried the tacking number on a lark...they move light lightening!

OMG yes..you would need a chainsaw to get into it..not that I am even tempted :D

I am not looking forward to the money exchange ..I might leave it in the bank and draw on it using my EFTPOS card as the rate improves...if it ever does...

Still looking for insurance, there are so many websites to go through!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.