rubyred

NEW ZEALANDers heading to the US and their USC spouses - POST HERE!

2,284 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Yes, most likely a different Consulate.

You can contact the Embassy via email and ask them what they will require of you. They are extremely helpful and will tell you what you need.

Michelle's SO is also on disability so she may be able to offer some insight. My thougths are that you will just need a co-sponsor. Hopefully you will be ok and be working by the time AOS comes. :thumbs:

timeline.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You can contact the Embassy via email and ask them what they will require of you. They are extremely helpful and will tell you what you need.

Michelle's SO is also on disability so she may be able to offer some insight. My thougths are that you will just need a co-sponsor. Hopefully you will be ok and be working by the time AOS comes. :thumbs:

Thanks!

One more question, sorry if I am a pest. . .

On question 7 on the I-134, it says, I am employed as or engaged in the business of ___. . .

Thing is, social security disability isn't a job so do I say none, or none see attached sheet and say where I derive my income from?

~Our Story Time Line~

How We First Met: World of Warcraft, an online game ~ 2004

What: Talked online for years, became best friends, then it blossomed into more. :D

First Time Face-to-Face: June 30, 2008

Sent I-129F: Sept 26, 2008

NOA1: Sept. 29, 2008

NOA1 Hardcopy: Oct. 3rd, 2008

Touched: October 2, 2008

Requested Expedite: October 20, 2008

Touched: October 21, 2008

Holiday in US: December 17, 2008

Touched: January 9, 2009

NOA2 online: January 9, 2009 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOA2 Hardcopy: January 15, 2009

NVC Receives Paperwork: January 20, 2009

NVC Letter Saying They Will Forward to Consulate: January 23, 2009

Back to NZ =( : January 30, 2009

Packet 3 Received: February 1, 2009

Sent Packet 3 : February 2, 2009

Consulate Receives Packet 3: February 3, 2009

Medical: February 4, 2009

Checklist Sent: February 4, 2009

Interview Appointment: February 12, 2009, 8:45am

Visa Approved!!! : February 12, 2009

Picked Up Visa: February 19, 2009, WOHOO!!!

POE San Francisco: February 22, 2009

Wedding: February 27, 2009

Honeymoon: February 27 - March 6 in beautiful Santa Cruz!

AOS Paperwork Received: April 6, 2009

Biometrics Appointment: May 1, 2009

Card Production Ordered for I-765: May 28, 2009

Work Authorization Card Received: June, 2009

I-485 Appointment: July 8, 2009

Timeline

Thanks!

On question 7 on the I-134, it says, I am employed as or engaged in the business of ___. . .

Thing is, social security disability isn't a job so do I say none, or none see attached sheet and say where I derive my income from?

i don't recall what Rob put on his form, again i'm at work, usually look at the forums when i'm at work, one of the few sites they let us into.

i'll try and remember to look tonight or tomorrow and let you know.

In regards to Rob's income, he's just given me what he gets from disability, a letter from them saying what he gets now, and what he got last year, he won't be working any time soon as his doctor thinks he needs a lung transplant, and if he eventually does go back to work it would only be part time, we have his parents as joint sponsors as we will be living with them for a while and we have his friend who will be a co-sponsor if needed and we'll have the money from the sale of my house here, i think we now have sufficient financial support/assets that it shouldn't be a problem, at least that's what i'm telling myself, doesn't mean i'm not going to be nervous about it all when it comes to my interview tho.

Now a question from me, does anyone recall how long after they sent packet 3 back they got the letter with the interview date on it? i'm still anxiously waiting.

695090abmqwhjcu2.gif

K-1 Timeline

08-05-2008 Sent I-129F

08-14-2008 Arrived at Vermont

08-18-2008 Cheque cashed

08-21-2008 NOA1 received

12-10-2008 NOA2 received

12-17-2008 Package sent to Auckland Consulate

12-30-2008 Packet 3 received

01-27-2009 Packet 3 returned

02-03-2009 Packet 4 received

02-10-2009 Intervew - visa approved

03-14-2009 POE Los Angeles

03-25-2009 Married :)

07/22/2009 Work Permit received

ROC

11/18/2011 I-751 packet sent to Vermont

11/25/2011 I-751 packet received at USCIS Vermont

Thanks!

i don't recall what Rob put on his form, again i'm at work, usually look at the forums when i'm at work, one of the few sites they let us into.

In regards to Rob's income, he's just given me what he gets from disability, a letter from them saying what he gets now, and what he got last year, he won't be working any time soon as his doctor thinks he needs a lung transplant, and if he eventually does go back to work it would only be part time, we have his parents as joint sponsors as we will be living with them for a while and we have his friend who will be a co-sponsor if needed and we'll have the money from the sale of my house here, i think we now have sufficient financial support/assets that it shouldn't be a problem, at least that's what i'm telling myself, doesn't mean i'm not going to be nervous about it all when it comes to my interview tho.

Now a question from me, does anyone recall how long after they sent packet 3 back they got the letter with the interview date on it? i'm still anxiously waiting.

Have you sent back the letter to sign, that says you have everything in part 2?

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

eeek what? i sent back everything except the doctors forms, i think :(

695090abmqwhjcu2.gif

K-1 Timeline

08-05-2008 Sent I-129F

08-18-2008 Cheque cashed

08-21-2008 NOA1 received

12-10-2008 NOA2 received

ROC

Timeline

Thanks!

So sorry to hear about that and thanks for looking into it. I also emailed the embassy, or so I think, hope it was the right addy.

And to your question, there are 5 forms to send back I believe, then also like a checklist and from what ppl have told me through phone calls, it's the checklist you get your appointment from, but I may be wrong. Good luck, hope you get yours soon!

~Our Story Time Line~

How We First Met: World of Warcraft, an online game ~ 2004

What: Talked online for years, became best friends, then it blossomed into more. :D

First Time Face-to-Face: June 30, 2008

Sent I-129F: Sept 26, 2008

NOA1: Sept. 29, 2008

NOA1 Hardcopy: Oct. 3rd, 2008

Touched: October 2, 2008

Requested Expedite: October 20, 2008

Touched: October 21, 2008

Holiday in US: December 17, 2008

Touched: January 9, 2009

NOA2 online: January 9, 2009 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOA2 Hardcopy: January 15, 2009

NVC Receives Paperwork: January 20, 2009

NVC Letter Saying They Will Forward to Consulate: January 23, 2009

Back to NZ =( : January 30, 2009

Packet 3 Received: February 1, 2009

Sent Packet 3 : February 2, 2009

Consulate Receives Packet 3: February 3, 2009

Medical: February 4, 2009

Checklist Sent: February 4, 2009

Interview Appointment: February 12, 2009, 8:45am

Visa Approved!!! : February 12, 2009

Picked Up Visa: February 19, 2009, WOHOO!!!

POE San Francisco: February 22, 2009

Wedding: February 27, 2009

Honeymoon: February 27 - March 6 in beautiful Santa Cruz!

AOS Paperwork Received: April 6, 2009

Biometrics Appointment: May 1, 2009

Card Production Ordered for I-765: May 28, 2009

Work Authorization Card Received: June, 2009

I-485 Appointment: July 8, 2009

eeek what? i sent back everything except the doctors forms, i think :(

That bit of paper is a list...it says send in these bits at once under part 1, and under part 2 it says sign and send when you have the things ready to interview.

I still have mine, never did send it in, as I did it on email.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

CONGRATZ CDNEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so happy for you :)

we just spent a weekend in LA, got to meet the guy who runs the website j and i met on - totally awesome guy, had a fantastic time hanging out with him and his girlfriend. and i fell in love with LA!

07-10-2008 entered US on J-1 visa

01-01-2009 officially engaged

04-06-2009 married

04-25-2009 filed AOS

05-22-2009 biometrics appointment

06-05-2009 EAD received

06-17-2009 NOA2 received

07-30-2009 interview- recommended for approval! GC expected in 1-2 months

10-21-2009 received NOA for the I-130: "your petition is approved but... the applicant for whom you are petitioning is not eligible to file for an adjustment of status at this time". still no GC :(

11-18-2009 welcome letter received!

12-01-2009 green card received!

september 2011 filed for removal of conditions

october 2011 biometrics appointment

december 2011 RFE received

january 2011 sent in RFE packet

february 2011 conditions lifted, 10 year green card received

Thank you :)

Man...just on a whim, I entered that courier bag number...is it possible it was picked already!!!??? I was just there yesterday!

Timeline
Michelle...you are looking for this:

post-43347-1233627918_thumb.jpg

you're a godsend Kate, i'm 99.999% sure i sent that back :)

695090abmqwhjcu2.gif

K-1 Timeline

08-05-2008 Sent I-129F

08-18-2008 Cheque cashed

08-21-2008 NOA1 received

12-10-2008 NOA2 received

ROC

Timeline
Hehe didn't think I'd be the only one. We were saying they should add a page of what needs to be done in better writing or just a page that goes 1. do this, 2. then this, which they kind of do already but it's confusing. And some of the questions are just worded strangely, even for me, an ex-english major lol. But maybe I had difficulty cuz of the ex-major part lol. I tried looking for examples on google but no luck =(

Hey no worries! I had the same conversation with my fiance about how they should make it clearer what to do exactly. Would have saved me a lot of time and stressing out, but oh well! Glad we have a place like this to come to and ask questions :)

When you have your medical, make sure to take your case number, it starts with an ACK...

Hey guys a question... it says to bring 'evidence of a fiance relationship' to the interview. I thought they had received the first package we sent over in the US with all my evidence. Do I have to redo it all again? Also, what other forms do you recommend (besides plane tickets, itineraries, photos)?

Edited by Kelvan

Kelly & Evan

K-1

07-30-08 Sent I-129F

08-01-08 Arrived at CSC

08-08-08 Check cashed

08-12-08 NOA1 sent

08-13-08 Touched!

08-18-08 NOA hard copy

12-17-08 NOA2 sent

01-19-09 Packet 3 sent

01-22-09 Medical

03-19-09 Interview! (both of us attended)

03-19-09 Approved!!!

08-07-09 POE LAX

09-18-09 Married!!!

AOS

10-14-09 Filed AOS

10-22-09 NOA hard copies

10-27-09 Touch

11-17-09 Touch

11-17-09 Transfer notice to CSC

11-23-09 Biometrics appointment

11-24-09 Touch

11-27-09 Touch

12-01-09 Touch

12-03-09 Touch

12-07-09 Work Permit approved!!!

12-21-09 Biometrics fingerprints AGAIN

12-30-09 RFE due to fingerprints being unreadable

01-04-09 Touch

01-26-09 Sent RFE back

02-12-09 GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!

Timeline

Speaking of Case #'s and Medicals... The NVC gave us a Case # on their letter to me... and then the Consulate gave Genna a DIFFERENT case #,hand written on the top of that checklist form in Packet 3. Which one do we put on the Medical paperwork???

Speaking of Case #'s and Medicals... The NVC gave us a Case # on their letter to me... and then the Consulate gave Genna a DIFFERENT case #,hand written on the top of that checklist form in Packet 3. Which one do we put on the Medical paperwork???

Tha'ts odd..there should only be the one. I didn't have a second. I'd shoot them an email and ask.

AucklandIV@state.gov

Hehe didn't think I'd be the only one. We were saying they should add a page of what needs to be done in better writing or just a page that goes 1. do this, 2. then this, which they kind of do already but it's confusing. And some of the questions are just worded strangely, even for me, an ex-english major lol. But maybe I had difficulty cuz of the ex-major part lol. I tried looking for examples on google but no luck =(

Hey no worries! I had the same conversation with my fiance about how they should make it clearer what to do exactly. Would have saved me a lot of time and stressing out, but oh well! Glad we have a place like this to come to and ask questions :)

When you have your medical, make sure to take your case number, it starts with an ACK...

Hey guys a question... it says to bring 'evidence of a fiance relationship' to the interview. I thought they had received the first package we sent over in the US with all my evidence. Do I have to redo it all again? Also, what other forms do you recommend (besides plane tickets, itineraries, photos)?

Yes, they have the entire package you sent, the lady that did my interview went over it page by page at the window.

I took the originals of things I'd sent them..the plane tickets, boarding passes, I had some hotel receipts and the like. She didn't ask for them.

I took them some photos that we had taken over the last year from the webcam, since we had filed, and she had a look through those. Never asked for anything else, I think what they are getting at is an ungoing relationship. I had emails, chats printed out from AIM, some cards he's sent...that sort of thing, but she didn't seem to want them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.