rubyred

NEW ZEALANDers heading to the US and their USC spouses - POST HERE!

2,284 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! =)

I'm new to the board and wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Lisa and I'm a US citizen and my love is Tim and he's from New Zealand (soo creative on the name here, right? =p lol). Our ages are 24 and 19. We are just filling out our I-129F and G-325A after getting a run around from people on how to go about this. I've cried so much over these forms let me tell you. It's been a huge stress with everything going on. But he's worth it =). This board makes it seem like I'm not alone in this.

Welcome to the board! You'll have plenty of company here while you are waiting, and lots of great advice and answers to your questions as well. Kim had been such a huge help to everyone and I know what I've read around the place can really help with the stress part - so much paper, so many questions...I feel very lucky to have stumbled in here :)

(F)

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kim...where I am...heh..it's tomorrow! You must be absolutely thrilled !

I think i'm in shock. In 5 hours we 'chat' for the last time long distance then he'll be on his way back home. :o Because of our circumstances, our visa journey has been several years in the making. It's surreal to think we can finally be on with it.

After years and years of flying between NZ and Canada I will never go through LAX again going last year through SFO. So much friendlier and less stressful.

One bright spot of news..I've been worried about my Canadian police clearance expiring before I even get to the interview process, now that things out of VSC are going at a snail's pace. I emailed them and they got back to me straightaway. As long as I stay out of Canada, it will be good ! :dance:

Doesn't air tahiti nui fly NZ-US as well? Russell found cheaper rates for them on expedia.co.nz earlier on.

you guys know there is a bus shuttle that runs constantly between the LAX domestic/international terminals, yes? With only two hours between connecting flights we're hoping Russell doesn't run into any problems. We haven't yet (knock, knock, knock) ;).

Oh it's only hours now!!! I work tonight, and we can sometimes hear planes taking off from the airport....so I'll be thinking of you two (L)

I'll check into flights with Air Tahiti...and thanks for the link.

I am so excited on your behalf..heh..I hope ita ll goes as smooth as!

OMG Kim you must be so excited right now, just hours and you guys will be finished with this part of your journey!! :dance: I hope you have a fabulous few days away soaking in each other's presence.

Welcome Lisa! Government forms are a thorn in all our sides I think. I know I've yelled, cried, and generally thrown a fit over a few through all this. LOL

"Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground." - Rumi

I've flown Air Tahiti Nui a couple of times as they can be a few hundred cheaper on special, they're not bad, you just need to watch how long your stopover will be. They fly from Auckland to Tahiti, then on to LAX. The first time I flew with them I arrived around midnight, Tahiti time, and had a 7 hour wait, not quite long enough for me to go to the expense of getting a hotel. Sadly though I was unaware that they close the airport in the small hours of the morning and so I had to sit on my luggage on the pavement for the better part of five hours. The second time my stopover was only two hours and everything was fine, I also did not have to collect my luggage, so hopefully they no longer make you do that. It's just something to be aware of, especially if you're carting over lots of precious belongings.

I usually use the House of Travel website (www.hot.co.nz) when looking at flights, it will compare all the airlines, then I book direct through airline sites as you save administration fees etc that way.

Married: 08/05/2007

I-130 sent CSC: 08/09/2007

NOA 1: 09/05/2007

NOA 2: 02/19/2008

NVC case number assigned: 03/04/2008

Case complete at NVC: 05/12/2008

Case sent to Consulate: 05/28/2008

Consulate received: 06/03/2008

Interview & Approval: 07/07/2008

Passport with Visa received: 07/11/2008

POE San Francisco: 09/15/2008

Hello everyone! =)

I'm new to the board and wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Lisa and I'm a US citizen and my love is Tim and he's from New Zealand (soo creative on the name here, right? =p lol). Our ages are 24 and 19. We are just filling out our I-129F and G-325A after getting a run around from people on how to go about this. I've cried so much over these forms let me tell you. It's been a huge stress with everything going on. But he's worth it =). This board makes it seem like I'm not alone in this.

Welcome. It sounds like you have found this site early on in the process. It is great having others who know how you feel and have been there. The paperwork is intimidating but you will get through it. :star:

Yay we got our Interview date :D November 13th. . We live in Hastings so we will be filing the I-130 and doing the Visa Application on the same day. We were hoping to get to US before Christmas since I haven't spent Christmas with my Brother and Sis in 6 years, and now it looks like it will happen

Timeline

Married : 2008-08-16

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-02

ds-2001 Form Sent: 2008-09-18

Medical Date: 2008-10-13

Interview Date : 2008-11-13 Approved!!

Visa Packet Received: 2008-11-14

Moving to Colorado: 2008-12-05

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Ummm yeah so apparently Russell accidentally booked a flight for Monday... last monday! Oooops! It's so not like him...and I didn't even notice it on the itinerary. This whole process just has us in a mess.

He just text me from the airport and informed me that he had to buy a new ticket. Expedia wont even give him a break. :( $1800NZ more to have him arrive an hour and a half earlier... we best make that extra time good, eh?

Ahhhh perspective... he's coming home!

timeline.jpg

Ummm yeah so apparently Russell accidentally booked a flight for Monday... last monday! Oooops! It's so not like him...and I didn't even notice it on the itinerary. This whole process just has us in a mess.

He just text me from the airport and informed me that he had to buy a new ticket. Expedia wont even give him a break. :( $1800NZ more to have him arrive an hour and a half earlier... we best make that extra time good, eh?

Ahhhh perspective... he's coming home!

Worth the money at ten times the price! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Hello everyone! =)

Hiya Lisa and Tim! Welcome to the thread :) Let us know if you have any questions about your forms as the people here share a wealth of knowledge. Good luck!

Kelly & Evan

K-1

07-30-08 Sent I-129F

08-01-08 Arrived at CSC

08-08-08 Check cashed

08-12-08 NOA1 sent

08-13-08 Touched!

08-18-08 NOA hard copy

12-17-08 NOA2 sent

01-19-09 Packet 3 sent

01-22-09 Medical

03-19-09 Interview! (both of us attended)

03-19-09 Approved!!!

08-07-09 POE LAX

09-18-09 Married!!!

AOS

10-14-09 Filed AOS

10-22-09 NOA hard copies

10-27-09 Touch

11-17-09 Touch

11-17-09 Transfer notice to CSC

11-23-09 Biometrics appointment

11-24-09 Touch

11-27-09 Touch

12-01-09 Touch

12-03-09 Touch

12-07-09 Work Permit approved!!!

12-21-09 Biometrics fingerprints AGAIN

12-30-09 RFE due to fingerprints being unreadable

01-04-09 Touch

01-26-09 Sent RFE back

02-12-09 GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Oh Kim that sucks! Just keep focusing on the fact that you'll be with him soon :)

Kelly & Evan

K-1

07-30-08 Sent I-129F

08-01-08 Arrived at CSC

08-08-08 Check cashed

08-12-08 NOA1 sent

08-13-08 Touched!

08-18-08 NOA hard copy

12-17-08 NOA2 sent

01-19-09 Packet 3 sent

01-22-09 Medical

03-19-09 Interview! (both of us attended)

03-19-09 Approved!!!

08-07-09 POE LAX

09-18-09 Married!!!

AOS

10-14-09 Filed AOS

10-22-09 NOA hard copies

10-27-09 Touch

11-17-09 Touch

11-17-09 Transfer notice to CSC

11-23-09 Biometrics appointment

11-24-09 Touch

11-27-09 Touch

12-01-09 Touch

12-03-09 Touch

12-07-09 Work Permit approved!!!

12-21-09 Biometrics fingerprints AGAIN

12-30-09 RFE due to fingerprints being unreadable

01-04-09 Touch

01-26-09 Sent RFE back

02-12-09 GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!

Hello everyone! =)

Welcome to VJ! :) You are definitely at the right place. The folks here are just soo helpful and kind! Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have, no matter how trivial you may think they are. I don't know what i would have done if i hadn't found VJ! The whole process can seem a little overwhelming at times but the information/help here is fantastic!

dlopez: Congratulations on your interview date! :thumbs: That's great news that you may be there for Christmas! just wonderful! :yes:

Kim: Best wishes to you and Russ. you will be with each other very very soon. :)

Grant: Hows everything going?

Michelle: Hope you are doing well.

ROC

06/01/2011 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

06/02/2011 - Package arrived and signed for at CSC

06/02/2011 - NOA receipt date

06/06/2011 - Check cashed

06/07/2011 - NOA arrived in the mail

06/15/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/11/2011 - Biometrics appointment

02/02/2012 - Phoned USCIS and put in a service request

02/08/2012 - Email from USCIS confirming my request

02/11/2012 - Letter from USCIS - says i should receive news within 30 days

03/14/2012 - Phoned USCIS again. 30 days has passed. no news. Took details again.

03/15/2012 -Received letter from USCIS - have to go to interview April 24th

04/24/2012 - Interview and ROC approved!!

05/07/2012 - Received email, card production ordered

05/11/2012 - Green card arrived

N-400

06/22/2012 - Mailed N-400 package to Phoenix/AZ Lockbox

06/26/2012 - NOA date

06/28/2012 - Check cashed

06/29/2012 - NOA arrived in the mail

07/02/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in mail

07/19/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/30/2012 - Received text +email. Application placed in line for interview

07/30/2012 - Received text +email in evening - interview letter sent

08/03/2012 - Received interview letter

09/19/2012 - Interview - passed interview/test!!

10/24/2012 - Oath Ceremony!

Welcome to Lisa and Tim :)

Dlopez, great news on your interview, I'm sure you'll be back here in time for Christmas.

Good news for me, my SSN arrived in the mail on Monday. Only 1 week after I arrived in the country, it was issued on the 17th (I cam in on the 15th) so that was great. I'd read stories of people waiting weeks so here's hoping that the system continues to be so prompt for the rest of you.

Married: 08/05/2007

I-130 sent CSC: 08/09/2007

NOA 1: 09/05/2007

NOA 2: 02/19/2008

NVC case number assigned: 03/04/2008

Case complete at NVC: 05/12/2008

Case sent to Consulate: 05/28/2008

Consulate received: 06/03/2008

Interview & Approval: 07/07/2008

Passport with Visa received: 07/11/2008

POE San Francisco: 09/15/2008

Russell just called me from LAX! :) His next flight leaves in 40 minutes... I sure hope he makes it!

:dance:

Filed: Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Grant: Hows everything going?

We are going well thanks, just slowly packing up stuff, sending boxes like mad to the US, selling stuff etc.

We were thrown into a mild panic, as we own a townhouse rental in Newton, and our tenants gave notice the other day, so we now have to find new tenants. However we have had lots of interest, so hopefuly can get this sorted in the next few days, but it is one hassle we could do without.

But besides that, all is going well, I am winding up my last couple of projects, and are getting more ready every day. Only less than a month for us now.

No luck on the job front yet, but one that I am perfect for got advertised last night, so hopefully something will come of that.

Glad to see that others are making great progress, and excellent to here that Kim and Russ' very long journey is now at an end.

A big welcome also to Lisa and Tim

Cheers

Grant

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.